Dake Bible Discussion BoardWhat would you do?

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
frenchie
Wrestle Against Principalities

Re: What would you do?

Post by frenchie »

branham1965 wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:05 pm
I see the Adam Clarke's Commentary is free on line. :turn-l:

I wonder what Denomination he associated with??

Thank you Billy.

I got it on my android device and got Mathiew Henry and Scofeild by the same ocasion.
All of them fall short on the comprehension of Dr. Dake on The sons of God vs the daughters of men thought

frenchie
Wrestle Against Principalities

Post by frenchie »

P.S.
Congrat for the Mention:

TOP POSTER OF THE MONTH
At the present time is branham1965 with a total of 108 posts (updates every 5 minutes)

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

Nice to hear from you frenchie. :scatter:

frenchie wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:35 pm
branham1965 wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:05 pm
I see the Adam Clarke's Commentary is free on line. :turn-l:

I wonder what Denomination he associated with??

Thank you Billy.

I got it on my android device and got Mathiew Henry and Scofeild by the same ocasion.
All of them fall short on the comprehension of Dr. Dake on The sons of God vs the daughters of men thought

scottae316
Wrestle Against Spiritual Wickedness in High Places

Post by scottae316 »

This one is difficult being limited to only two choices. First, I use the Dake Bible as a reference, since it is not available in either of my favorite translations. For me, I use study notes in Bibles sparingly because l feel no matter how good the note(s) are, it is the Word that is important because it is from the Lord, notes are from a human(s) and can be in error (yes, that includes Dake). I use study Bibles for studying for a class, preparing a sermon, lesson or talk, teaching and other activities like this. For example, for devotional reading I use a text only Bible, no study nots or fancy features. Often it is a “pew” edition or intro copy when the translation is released. So if I was limited to two choices, it would be a plain text Bible and the second I would have to think about. That’s it,it’s late so be Blessed.

macca
Tarry Until Ye Be Endued With Power From On High

Post by macca »

scottae316 wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:20 am
This one is difficult being limited to only two choices. First, I use the Dake Bible as a reference, since it is not available in either of my favorite translations. For me, I use study notes in Bibles sparingly because l feel no matter how good the note(s) are, it is the Word that is important because it is from the Lord, notes are from a human(s) and can be in error (yes, that includes Dake). I use study Bibles for studying for a class, preparing a sermon, lesson or talk, teaching and other activities like this. For example, for devotional reading I use a text only Bible, no study nots or fancy features. Often it is a “pew” edition or intro copy when the translation is released. So if I was limited to two choices, it would be a plain text Bible and the second I would have to think about. That’s it,it’s late so be Blessed.

Excellent post......The pure Word of God is what produces faith in everything God has for us.

macca

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

Thank you frenchie.

That was very kind of you.
frenchie wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:07 am
P.S.
Congrat for the Mention:

TOP POSTER OF THE MONTH
At the present time is branham1965 with a total of 108 posts (updates every 5 minutes)