Dake Bible Discussion BoardThe gospel verses the truth - Acts 16

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: The gospel verses the truth - Acts 16

Post by branham1965 »

:angel: :angel: Thank you for that my friend.

Ironman wrote:Demons are actively involved in the world’s system to promote rebellion against God. Demons work in individuals. According to Ephesians 2:1-2, people who are under the power of sin and disobedience are held captive to the work of Satan, whom demons serve to carry out his evil purposes. Demons cause men to be entrapped to the satanic philosophy of lawlessness. Fallen angels promote the satisfaction of fleshly desires, sensual pleasures, pride, hatred, and materialism, all of which characterize the world system influenced by Satan (John 16:11, 1 John 2:16). In other words, demons entice people to walk in sin and to be enslaved in those passions so as to resist the grace of God (1 Timothy 4:1-8). The most heinous of these sinful patterns is rebellion against God, which 1 Samuel 15:23 equates with the sin of witchcraft.

Demons distort people’s philosophies. Demons encourage all thought patterns and false religions which are intended to keep unbelievers from the saving knowledge of the gospel.

The most dangerous of demonic influence is that they cause people to reject the saving grace of God. Because demons are incapable of repentance or of saving themselves, they do not understand grace, nor do they want men to understand or see their need for it.

That is why their primary task is to influence people to think lightly or negatively of God’s grace and to twist Scriptures teaching on God's saving grace, distracting men to lies instead. Demons work to create divisions in the body, and promoting anything they do, be it from God's Word or not, is doing just that among us.

luchnia
Shall Not He that Spared Not His Own Son Freely Give Us All Things?

Post by luchnia »

Ironman wrote:
Like I said before, they preach PARTS OF THE GOSPEL purely for their own benefit. And what is that benefit?

To get believers to follow them further so they can lead them away from God.
Thanks for the post. Spot on, the evil spirits agenda was to deceive. Exactly what we have been implying here and in this case not even preaching the gospel, simply preaching that Paul and the men with him were showing the way to salvation. The lady possessed with the evil spirit spoke the truth for several days and it is so simply put one would wonder why it cannot be understood.

If we are not ready, we cannot receive certain things in God's word until it is the right time. I understand this challenge, as I have had so many times in my life where I was adamant about things in God's word until I "cleaned the slate" before my heart became open to His Word through the Spirit.

Word up!

luchnia

Post by luchnia »

branham1965 wrote:I agree with you mate. :angel: :angel:
Ironman wrote:
Like I said before, they preach PARTS OF THE GOSPEL purely for their own benefit. And what is that benefit?

No demon preaches the gospel to lead people to salvation, even a Christian idiot would know this much.
You state you agree with this (which this part is basically the exact same concept I was posting), yet you disagree with what I posted?

I think anyone viewing this thread with rational thought can see you don't agree with Ironman on this topic and hold an opposing view but will not post your disagreement with his post as you do mine. Why not post your disagreement with him as you do me?

You post your disagreement with me on the same points as you have shown multiple times in all caps when responding to my posts. I have noticed this consistency with your posts throughout the various threads.

What would you lose by posting your disagreement toward Ironman as you do me? Really nothing to fear there. Ironman will respect your disagreement with him. At least you have stood for what you believe and not allowing respect of persons to guide you.

There is much we can learn about the agenda of these evil spirits and why they preach truth when it is to their advantage to do so.

Word up!

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

He has been my good friend for 6 years.

luchnia wrote:
branham1965 wrote:I agree with you mate. :angel: :angel:
Ironman wrote:

No demon preaches the gospel to lead people to salvation, even a Christian idiot would know this much.
You state you agree with this (which this part is basically the exact same concept I was posting), yet you disagree with what I posted?

I think anyone viewing this thread with rational thought can see you don't agree with Ironman on this topic and hold an opposing view but will not post your disagreement with his post as you do mine. Why not post your disagreement with him as you do me?

You post your disagreement with me on the same points as you have shown multiple times in all caps when responding to my posts. I have noticed this consistency with your posts throughout the various threads.

What would you lose by posting your disagreement toward Ironman as you do me? Really nothing to fear there. Ironman will respect your disagreement with him. At least you have stood for what you believe and not allowing respect of persons to guide you.

There is much we can learn about the agenda of these evil spirits and why they preach truth when it is to their advantage to do so.
Last edited by branham1965 on Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

I KNOW YOU WILL NOT LISTEN TO DAD HAGIN OR DR.LESTER SUMRALL ON DEMONOLOGY .AND I AM GLAD YOU OPENLY SAID SO.

HOW ABOUT REVEREND DAKES WORKS???? WOULD YOU STUDY THEM ON DEMONOLOGY????

BTW

I CHECKED A BUNCH OF STUDY BIBLES .NONE BELIEVED AS YOU DO .NOT ONE. +pieface

You are on here teaching things that Reverend Dake would never affirm.He received a Divine Gift to know the Bible and understand it.He said it was a true story of a wonderful gift.that Supernatural Gift was responsible for and produced the Best Study Bible the world has ever known.

[/size]
luchnia wrote:
branham1965 wrote:SHE WAS A DEMON POSSESSED GIRL .SHE WAS NOT A GOSPEL PREACHER.

THE DEVILS SPOKE THROUGH HER LIKE THEY DID WHEN THEY SAW JESUS CHRIST WHO WAS GOD MANIFESTED IN THE FLESH.

THEY KNEW WHO JESUS WAS.AND THEY KNEW WHO PAUL WAS.

YOU NEED TO READ AND LISTEN TO DAD HAGIN AND LESTER SUMRALL TO LEARN ABOUT DEMONOLOGY.
I disagree with you and agree with God's word on this. The diviner was proclaiming the truth about the men of God just as it is written of her. No need to add or subtract from it. She did this for many days just as it is written or it is a lie.

I am primarily concerned in what God's word has to show about the matter. I don't need to read or listen to Hagin or Sumrall to learn about demonology. As a matter of fact, I would not listen to either of them on this subject when I can go straight to the source - the Word of God by the Spirit of God.

I am able to read God's word on my own where the truth is recorded for me and, of course, all men to see. God's word is the one stop shop for truth by the Spirit of Truth. You have the right to believe whatever you wish and listen to whomever you want about demonology. My recommendation is God's word.

luchnia

Post by luchnia »

branham1965 wrote:He has been my good friend for 6 years.
What does that have to do with the fact that you disagree with him? You disagree with him, no big deal. It happens - friends disagree on things. Let the readers make their determination about what happened in Acts 16.

Word up!

luchnia

Post by luchnia »

branham1965 wrote:I KNOW YOU WILL NOT LISTEN TO DAD HAGIN OR DR.LESTER SUMRALL ON DEMONOLOGY .AND I AM GLAD YOU OPENLY SAID SO.
BTW

You are on here teaching things that Reverend Dake would never affirm.He received a Divine Gift to know the Bible and understand it.He said it was a true story of a wonderful gift.that Supernatural Gift was responsible for and produced the Best Study Bible the world has ever known.
Your assumptions are incorrect as far as Dake's affirmation. Dake affirms in his writings what demons do (GPFM) in good detail with references and his notes on the text in question states that the spirit spoke the truth about the men of God. You should read his notes about this as you don't seem to accept Dake on this, nor his notes about demonology.

You seem to be targeting me for some strange reason because of my posts, yet I suppose your argument is with God's word and Dake much more than it is with me as I was simply posting some discussion points about this evil spirit that spoke through the truth through the woman.

Word up!

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

I NEVER said that i disagree with him.

In fact if he posts i give it a thumbs up his post.
luchnia wrote:
branham1965 wrote:He has been my good friend for 6 years.
What does that have to do with the fact that you disagree with him? You disagree with him, no big deal. It happens - friends disagree on things. Let the readers make their determination about what happened in Acts 16.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

I do not agree with some of your points and i tell you so.But i like some of your stuff.And you seem very cool.

Saying that

LET ME ASK YOU:

ARE THE GIFTS OF THE HOLY SPIRIT FOR TODAY OR DID THEY CEASE WHEN THE LAST APOSTLE DIED??? PLEASE ANSWER.

I TOLD YOU THAT YOU AND EVERYONE HERE (ESPECIALLY ME)SHOULD STUDY DAD HAGIN AND LESTER SUMRALL ON DEMONOLOGY.

AND I OPENLY POSTED RECOMMENDED THAT EVERYONE READ REVEREND DAKE ON DEMONOLOGY !!!

SO HOW COULD I NOT BELIEVE IN HIM!!!!! :crazyeyes:

I HAVE READ AFTER AND BELIEVED IN REVEREND FINIS JENNINGS DAKE FOR 40 YEARS!!!

:morning: :morning:

luchnia wrote:
branham1965 wrote:I KNOW YOU WILL NOT LISTEN TO DAD HAGIN OR DR.LESTER SUMRALL ON DEMONOLOGY .AND I AM GLAD YOU OPENLY SAID SO.
BTW

Your assumptions are incorrect as far as Dake's affirmation. Dake affirms in his writings what demons do (GPFM) in good detail with references and his notes on the text in question states that the spirit spoke the truth about the men of God. You should read his notes about this as you don't seem to accept Dake on this, nor his notes about demonology.

You seem to be targeting me for some strange reason because of my posts, yet I suppose your argument is with God's word and Dake much more than it is with me as I was simply posting some discussion points about this evil spirit that spoke through the truth through the woman.

luchnia

Post by luchnia »

branham1965 wrote:I do not agree with some of your points and i tell you so.But i like some of your stuff.And you seem very cool. Saying that

LET ME ASK YOU:

ARE THE GIFTS OF THE HOLY SPIRIT FOR TODAY OR DID THEY CEASE WHEN THE LAST APOSTLE DIED??? PLEASE ANSWER.
I have no problem at all with your disagreement as long as it is supported with God's word. To reason on anything else is hardly worthwhile, however that is my view. My preference is when someone disagrees that they support their disagreement with God's word. If they want to state their position, no problem there either if it is rational.

I am not sure what the gifts of the Spirit subject has to do with this thread, but I don't mind answering your question. If the gifts ceased then there would be Scripture to support such. Are you aware of any text that indicates the gifts ceased?

Word up!