Dake Bible Discussion BoardThe gospel verses the truth - Acts 16

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Re: The gospel verses the truth - Acts 16

Post by Ironman »

Demons wage war on saints to install within them false concepts about God and to make them weak, nervous, discouraged, and ruined spiritually, physically, and materially. They will do anything, including imitating the dead, they will use anything and anyone, including false preachers to achieve their goal. They control the law of sin and death, they must be resisted at all cost.

Even though Satan and demons know the Word of God better than any man today, they will never ever preach the true Word of God or promote God and His gospel to mankind in any way that draws men to God. They use preachers who insert snippets of truth between paragraphs of lies. The best way to promote lies is between two truths, and we all know lies repeated often enough will eventually be believed by some if not many.
They, and anyone they use, must be resisted totally and forever. Promoting people like this is only furthering the work of Satan.

Mark 3:26, And if Satan rise up against himself, and be divided, he cannot stand, but hath an end.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

luchnia
Shall Not He that Spared Not His Own Son Freely Give Us All Things?

Post by luchnia »

Ironman wrote: They use preachers who insert snippets of truth between paragraphs of lies.

They, and anyone they use, must be resisted totally and forever. Promoting people like this is only furthering the work of Satan.
Thanks for the post, those are very interesting thoughts. That means that a large percentage of the preachers preaching today are used by demons. I find that difficult to believe. If I follow that theory then I would never listen to hardly any preachers of today. I am not implying you are wrong, I just disagree with that view.

My take is that many preaching today are simply ignorant and not used by demons, yet I think some are. Of course, I suppose that if they teach enough lies, they open the door to demonic activity. Dake even states in GPFM that saints can add to satan's glory by being influenced to false doctrines (my paraphrase).

Dake makes a rather interesting statement in GPFM that states, "Any doctrine that denies or in any way causes doubt and unbelief concerning anything taught in Scripture is from demons." If we take that statement as fact, then there are thousands, perhaps hundreds of thousands of preachers preaching doctrines of devils! For me, I think it best to stick to the acid test of 1 Jn 4 for now.

Word up!

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

luchnia wrote:
Ironman wrote: They use preachers who insert snippets of truth between paragraphs of lies.

Thanks for the post, those are very interesting thoughts. That means that a large percentage of the preachers preaching today are used by demons. I find that difficult to believe. If I follow that theory then I would never listen to hardly any preachers of today. I am not implying you are wrong, I just disagree with that view.

My take is that many preaching today are simply ignorant and not used by demons, yet I think some are. Of course, I suppose that if they teach enough lies, they open the door to demonic activity. Dake even states in GPFM that saints can add to satan's glory by being influenced to false doctrines (my paraphrase).

Dake makes a rather interesting statement in GPFM that states, "Any doctrine that denies or in any way causes doubt and unbelief concerning anything taught in Scripture is from demons." If we take that statement as fact, then there are thousands, perhaps hundreds of thousands of preachers preaching doctrines of devils! For me, I think it best to stick to the acid test of 1 Jn 4 for now.
I agree with Dake, and YES, there are hundreds of thousands of preachers preaching doctrines of devils! Add the nuns and Marist brothers SDA's, and all the other cults, the figure could grow to millions.

As of 2010, the statistics of the Catholic Church showed 412,236 priests world-wide, the highest number since 1970.

Reverend Donald Cozzens (The Changing Face of the Catholic Priesthood) cites studies from studies in 1989, that 48.5 per cent of Catholic priests are gay. Boisvert and Goss (Gay Catholic Priests and Clerical Sexual Misconduct) explain that the Catholic Church is an intensely homoerotic culture.

How many Catholic priests in Europe?
James Hough
James received his education in the Catholic seminary. He is a Master Catechist, teaches an adult Catechism class and the RCIA.

# 1 Italy: 51,295
# 3 Poland: 26,931
# 4 Spain: 26,505
# 5 France: 23,089
# 7 Germany: 18,812
# 11 Belgium: 7,705
# 13 United Kingdom: 6,003
# 15 Ireland: 4,993
# 17 Austria: 4,478
# 18 Portugal: 4,079
# 20 Netherlands: 3,599
# 21 Switzerland: 3,091
# 26 Ukraine: 2,624
# 27 Slovakia: 2,474
# 28 Croatia: 2,324
# 31 Hungary: 2,140
# 34 Czech Republic: 1,930
# 36 Romania: 1,726
# 40 Slovenia: 1,139
# 43 Madagascar: 1,065
# 45 Malta: 941
# 50 Lithuania: 771
# 58 Bosnia and Herzegovina: 578
# 81 Luxembourg: 268

And thats not to mention the catholic nuns and marist brothers who were the first religious teachers most catholic born children were exposed to. They filled my head with so much garbage I turned away from God alltogether for most of my adult life. So did most om my friends. The closer we get to the return of Jesus the worse it will get.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

luchnia

Post by luchnia »

Ironman wrote:
luchnia wrote:

I agree with Dake, and YES, there are hundreds of thousands of preachers preaching doctrines of devils! Add the nuns and Marist brothers SDA's, and all the other cults, the figure could grow to millions.

As of 2010, the statistics of the Catholic Church showed 412,236 priests world-wide, the highest number since 1970.

Reverend Donald Cozzens (The Changing Face of the Catholic Priesthood) cites studies from studies in 1989, that 48.5 per cent of Catholic priests are gay. Boisvert and Goss (Gay Catholic Priests and Clerical Sexual Misconduct) explain that the Catholic Church is an intensely homoerotic culture.

James Hough
James received his education in the Catholic seminary. He is a Master Catechist, teaches an adult Catechism class and the RCIA.

And thats not to mention the catholic nuns and marist brothers who were the first religious teachers most catholic born children were exposed to. They filled my head with so much garbage I turned away from God alltogether for most of my adult life. So did most om my friends. The closer we get to the return of Jesus the worse it will get.
Thanks for the info. I rarely think much about the catholics because in my neck of the woods you simply don't see them. We are more apt to see Mennonites than we would ever see a catholic.

We have mostly baptist, Methodist, Presbyterians, Pentecostal, Independents, and so on. I don't even remember the last time I saw a catholic, but I do know one guy that is catholic. There is one catholic church in the area and it is very small one.

Word up!

Ironman

Post by Ironman »

luchnia wrote:
Ironman wrote:
luchnia wrote:

James Hough

Thanks for the info. I rarely think much about the catholics because in my neck of the woods you simply don't see them. We are more apt to see Mennonites than we would ever see a catholic.

We have mostly baptist, Methodist, Presbyterians, Pentecostal, Independents, and so on. I don't even remember the last time I saw a catholic, but I do know one guy that is catholic. There is one catholic church in the area and it is very small one.
*************************************************************************************************************************************
That does not diminish or minimise the fact that there are possibly millions of teachers and preachers who are influenced by demons and preach another gospel. Also, and regarding the Mennonites. The word “Mennonite” today can mean so many things. There are almost as many varieties of Mennonites as there are fast food chains. Some groups are more evangelical than others. Some groups are focused on Bible study and prayer, and other groups are carefully maintaining the works-based tradition set out by their ancestors. Paul and Silas had gone to Thessalonica preaching the truth, but the people were not receptive. Now they have gone to Berea, and these folks have gladly received the truth. In fact, they were so astonished by Paul's preaching that they had a hard time believing it. They needed to go verify the things Paul had told them to see whether those things were so. This is what God intended for preaching to be, the conveyance of truth! Sadly, most of the preaching we hear coming from the pulpits of the world today is nothing more than weak, boring, filtered, dry, powerless, sermonettes. The Truth should shock people, causing them to want to learn more, not drift away in unbelief as is happening today.

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

I mean you no disrespect Sir.

You might be interested in Kenneth Hagin and also Lester Sumrall 's teachings on this subject.

luchnia wrote:
branham1965 wrote:

SHE WAS NOT A GOSPEL PREACHER!!! I never heard anything so bizarre.
I am reasonably well studied on demonology, yet I strive to learn more from God's word and do each day. I have never closed that door of life long learning from God. What perplexes me more is why you seem so defensive about these things and adamantly take a stand such as, "SHE WAS NOT A GOSPEL PREACHER!!!"when in fact we have the very words of truth of what the evil spirit spoke through her in the scriptures. She was simply a woman that was possessed by an evil spirit.

What was the purpose of that particular evil spirit preaching the truth for many days as it did? What is the purpose of any evil spirit proclaiming truth when it is to their advantage? What would be the outcome for the people witnessing this and hearing the words it spoke? Understanding this will go a long way toward understanding how they operate and especially the intended purpose in this case. Additionally, this can open up a much clearer understanding of how men with limited wisdom can imitate doctrines of demons unknowingly.

If you would please, please, please, give some credence to the fact that devils can be supremely intelligent and proclaim truth as much as they need in order to pull people away from God (this is their main purpose), you would have a different perspective to this whole thing. Really try to understand what that evil spirit was trying to do to Paul and the men there.

What better way to align those that proclaimed Jesus with evil than speak the truth about them from a diviner spirit? It was brilliant to convince those that bought into such, but could not stand in the power of the Holy Spirit. Ask the question, What was the purpose of the evil spirit in that context? If we remove our limitations, such enlightenment can open up God's word like never before.
Last edited by branham1965 on Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

post removed.

luchnia

Post by luchnia »

branham1965 wrote:SHE WAS A DEMON POSSESSED GIRL .SHE WAS NOT A GOSPEL PREACHER.

THE DEVILS SPOKE THROUGH HER LIKE THEY DID WHEN THEY SAW JESUS CHRIST WHO WAS GOD MANIFESTED IN THE FLESH.

THEY KNEW WHO JESUS WAS.AND THEY KNEW WHO PAUL WAS.

YOU NEED TO READ AND LISTEN TO DAD HAGIN AND LESTER SUMRALL TO LEARN ABOUT DEMONOLOGY.
I disagree with you and agree with God's word on this. The diviner was proclaiming the truth about the men of God just as it is written of her. No need to add or subtract from it. She did this for many days just as it is written or it is a lie.

I am primarily concerned in what God's word has to show about the matter. I don't need to read or listen to Hagin or Sumrall to learn about demonology. As a matter of fact, I would not listen to either of them on this subject when I can go straight to the source - the Word of God by the Spirit of God.

I am able to read God's word on my own where the truth is recorded for me and, of course, all men to see. God's word is the one stop shop for truth by the Spirit of Truth. You have the right to believe whatever you wish and listen to whomever you want about demonology. My recommendation is God's word.

Word up!

Ironman

Post by Ironman »

Has anyone read this?

Demons wage war on saints to install within them false concepts about God and to make them weak, nervous, discouraged, and ruined spiritually, physically, and materially. They will do anything, including imitating the dead, they will use anything and anyone, including false preachers to achieve their goal. They control the law of sin and death, they must be resisted at all cost.

Even though Satan and demons know the Word of God better than any man today, they will never ever preach the true Word of God or promote God and His gospel to mankind in any way that draws men to God. They use preachers who insert snippets of truth between paragraphs of lies. The best way to promote lies is between two truths, and we all know lies repeated often enough will eventually be believed by some if not many.

Mark 3:26, And if Satan rise up against himself, and be divided, he cannot stand, but hath an end.

I don't care who the demon is, was, or could have been, or even who he was with, be it Paul, Peter, Matthew, or any of the disciples, no demons work to draw people to God or God's Word.

Here's all the good this demon worked;

Acts 16:18-23l

18, And this did she many days. But Paul, being grieved, turned and said to the spirit, I command thee in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her. And he came out the same hour.
19, And when her masters saw that the hope of their gains was gone, they caught Paul and Silas, and drew them into the marketplace unto the rulers,
20, And brought them to the magistrates, saying, These men, being Jews, do exceedingly trouble our city,
21, And teach customs, which are not lawful for us to receive, neither to observe, being Romans.
22, And the multitude rose up together against them: and the magistrates rent off their clothes, and commanded to beat them.
23, And when they had laid many stripes upon them, they cast them into prison, charging the jailor to keep them safely:

I'm sure Paul and Silus did not enjoy their little stint in prison and the flogging they got. To believe that evil demon spirit was working for the good of the Word of God is complete rubbish.

Ironman

Post by Ironman »

Demons are actively involved in the world’s system to promote rebellion against God. Demons work in individuals. According to Ephesians 2:1-2, people who are under the power of sin and disobedience are held captive to the work of Satan, whom demons serve to carry out his evil purposes. Demons cause men to be entrapped to the satanic philosophy of lawlessness. Fallen angels promote the satisfaction of fleshly desires, sensual pleasures, pride, hatred, and materialism, all of which characterize the world system influenced by Satan (John 16:11, 1 John 2:16). In other words, demons entice people to walk in sin and to be enslaved in those passions so as to resist the grace of God (1 Timothy 4:1-8). The most heinous of these sinful patterns is rebellion against God, which 1 Samuel 15:23 equates with the sin of witchcraft.

Demons distort people’s philosophies. Demons encourage all thought patterns and false religions which are intended to keep unbelievers from the saving knowledge of the gospel.

The most dangerous of demonic influence is that they cause people to reject the saving grace of God. Because demons are incapable of repentance or of saving themselves, they do not understand grace, nor do they want men to understand or see their need for it.

That is why their primary task is to influence people to think lightly or negatively of God’s grace and to twist Scriptures teaching on God's saving grace, distracting men to lies instead. Demons work to create divisions in the body, and promoting anything they do, be it from God's Word or not, is doing just that among us.