Dake Bible Discussion BoardWhat about it! Should a Christian get a tattoo?

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
User avatar
Spiritblade Disciple
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 3651
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2004 6:27 pm

Re: What about it! Should a Christian get a tattoo?

Postby Spiritblade Disciple » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:45 pm

bibleman wrote:
Spiritblade Disciple wrote:Pastor Parsley and his daughter, Ashton, both went and got tattoos, a few years ago (back when Todd Bentey was popular). He told her the only way she could get one was if he could, too.

His says, "Living sacrifice."


I really don't see anything Biblical against it.

BUT I don't care for them. They just look dirty to me. That old blue ink coming through your skin! Yuk.

Leviticus 19:28 still seems like a safe guide concerning tattoos, to me.


    THE KEYS OF HELL AND OF DEATH
      And when I saw Him, I fell at His feet as dead. And He laid His right hand upon me, saying unto me, "Fear not; I am the first and the last: I am He that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of Hell and of Death."
        — Revelation 1:17-18 King James Version —

User avatar
bibleman
Administrator
Posts: 2502
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 1998 5:23 pm
Location: South Carolina
Contact:

Re: What about it! Should a Christian get a tattoo?

Postby bibleman » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:27 pm

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Spiritblade Disciple wrote:Pastor Parsley and his daughter, Ashton, both went and got tattoos, a few years ago (back when Todd Bentey was popular). He told her the only way she could get one was if he could, too.

His says, "Living sacrifice."


I really don't see anything Biblical against it.

BUT I don't care for them. They just look dirty to me. That old blue ink coming through your skin! Yuk.

Leviticus 19:28 still seems like a safe guide concerning tattoos, to me.



It works for me!

I like Dake's saying which may not have always panned out but for the most part: "What God hated in the OT He does not love in the NT.


God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

User avatar
Spiritblade Disciple
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 3651
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2004 6:27 pm

Re: What about it! Should a Christian get a tattoo?

Postby Spiritblade Disciple » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:05 pm

bibleman wrote:
Spiritblade Disciple wrote:Leviticus 19:28 still seems like a safe guide concerning tattoos, to me.



It works for me!

I like Dake's saying which may not have always panned out but for the most part: "What God hated in the OT He does not love in the NT.

Exactly. :angel:


    THE KEYS OF HELL AND OF DEATH
      And when I saw Him, I fell at His feet as dead. And He laid His right hand upon me, saying unto me, "Fear not; I am the first and the last: I am He that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of Hell and of Death."
        — Revelation 1:17-18 King James Version —

stand
2 John
Posts: 63
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:13 pm

Re: What about it! Should a Christian get a tattoo?

Postby stand » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:23 pm

Our bodies are temples of God. If we want to decorate it, do we need to ask the Boss first. If God likes to see tattoos on our bodies, why didn't He put it there when we were born? Like other animals.



User avatar
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 5005
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:18 am

Re: What about it! Should a Christian get a tattoo?

Postby branham1965 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:53 pm

Do you eat pork??Reverend Dake was a mountain of a man.Big shoulders powerfully built.I wonder if he at beans and ham hocks.


bibleman wrote:
Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Spiritblade Disciple wrote:Pastor Parsley and his daughter, Ashton, both went and got tattoos, a few years ago (back when Todd Bentey was popular). He told her the only way she could get one was if he could, too.

His says, "Living sacrifice."


I really don't see anything Biblical against it.

BUT I don't care for them. They just look dirty to me. That old blue ink coming through your skin! Yuk.

Leviticus 19:28 still seems like a safe guide concerning tattoos, to me.



It works for me!

I like Dake's saying which may not have always panned out but for the most part: "What God hated in the OT He does not love in the NT.



User avatar
Spiritblade Disciple
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 3651
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2004 6:27 pm

Re: What about it! Should a Christian get a tattoo?

Postby Spiritblade Disciple » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:59 pm

stand wrote:Our bodies are temples of God. If we want to decorate it, do we need to ask the Boss first. If God likes to see tattoos on our bodies, why didn't He put it there when we were born? Like other animals.

:angel:


    THE KEYS OF HELL AND OF DEATH
      And when I saw Him, I fell at His feet as dead. And He laid His right hand upon me, saying unto me, "Fear not; I am the first and the last: I am He that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of Hell and of Death."
        — Revelation 1:17-18 King James Version —


Return to “Dake Bible Discussion Board”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 10 guests