Dake Bible Discussion BoardQuestion: Who on this board believes they are divine?

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
bibleman
Administrator

Re: Question: Who on this board believes they are divine?

Post by bibleman »

Spiritblade Disciple wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:05 pm
bibleman wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:13 am Just read this tonight and thought it might be of some interest.

Not a Bible verse of course.

“We seem, therefore, to be driven upon the supposition that excessive love bent him to her entreaties, and made him determine to share her fate. And herein we see his unfitness to receive such a gift from God : for though he had done well to love her better than himself, he was hopelessly entangled in the snare of sinful foolishness when he so idolised her as to be willing to break the law of her Creator.” —- Earth’s Earliest Ages by GWPember
Interesting that Pember also believes that Adam was in sin prior to eating the forbidden fruit when he became "hopelessly entangled in the snare of sinful foolishness" when he became "willing to break the law of" his "Creator."

Thank you for sharing this.
No sin at all. Adam had ONLY one sin that he could have committed. And of course you know what that sin is.

That being said... This is only Pember's view "not a Bible verse of course."

But still another point of view where Adam is believed to have sinned based on his love for Eve.

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note
Hill Top
In My Name Shall They Cast Out Devils

Post by Hill Top »

bibleman wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 7:20 pm
bibleman wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:13 am Just read this tonight and thought it might be of some interest.

“We seem, therefore, to be driven upon the supposition that excessive love bent him to her entreaties, and made him determine to share her fate. And herein we see his unfitness to receive such a gift from God : for though he had done well to love her better than himself, he was hopelessly entangled in the snare of sinful foolishness when he so idolised her as to be willing to break the law of her Creator.” —- Earth’s Earliest Ages by GWPember
Interesting that Pember also believes that Adam was in sin prior to eating the forbidden fruit when he became "hopelessly entangled in the snare of sinful foolishness" when he became "willing to break the law of" his "Creator."

No sin at all. Adam had ONLY one sin that he could have committed. And of course you know what that sin is.

But still another point of view where Adam is believed to have sinned based on his love for Eve.
Why give any credence at all to an unbiblical POV ?

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

Hill Top wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:26 pm

The same reason someone would talk to you and listen to your point of view.

This board has a lot of un-biblical points of view on it - including yours.

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note
Spiritblade Disciple

Post by Spiritblade Disciple »

Hill Top wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:26 pm Why give any credence at all to an unbiblical POV ?
How does one know whether or not something is unbiblical without testing it in the light of the Scriptures?

James 4:17 New Living Translation
Remember, it is sin to know what you ought to do and then not do it.
Hill Top

Post by Hill Top »

bibleman wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:23 am
Hill Top wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:26 pm

The same reason someone would talk to you and listen to your point of view.
To see if there is something that can make me a better man...OK.
This board has a lot of un-biblical points of view on it - including yours.
Which of my POVs have I not shown biblically ?

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top »

Spiritblade Disciple wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:32 am
Hill Top wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:26 pm Why give any credence at all to an unbiblical POV ?
How does one know whether or not something is unbiblical without testing it in the light of the Scriptures?
Well that is what I am saying...his POV isn't provable with scripture.

Spiritblade Disciple

Hill Top wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:25 pm Well that is what I am saying...his POV isn't provable with scripture.
True. Larkin's view is not provable with scripture.

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top »

Spiritblade Disciple wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:22 pm
Hill Top wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:25 pm Well that is what I am saying...his POV isn't provable with scripture.
True. Larkin's view is not provable with scripture.
Who is Larkin ?
I thought we were discussing Pember's POV ?

Spiritblade Disciple

True. I got them confused. It's Pember, not Larkin.
Apologies.

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top »

Spiritblade Disciple wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:05 am True. I got them confused. It's Pember, not Larkin.
Apologies.
No big...
There are so many false prophets out there that it is hard to keep them separate.