Dake Bible Discussion BoardSon of pastor killed by snake during sermon is bitten by deadly snake

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
bibleman
Administrator

Son of pastor killed by snake during sermon is bitten by deadly snake

Post by bibleman »

A pastor whose father died within seven minutes of being bitten by a snake has himself had to have emergency treatment after suffering the same injury. Cody Coots asked his congregation to take him to the mountaintop where God would judge whether he lives or dies. However, a defiant follower takes him to hospital instead where doctors told him the snake came close to severing the temporal artery, which would almost certainly kill him.

Big Cody, who took him to hospital, said: ‘Most people bit in the face are dead in five, ten minutes. ‘I mean, his own daddy got bit in the hand and within seven minutes was dead. ‘ Who is Elon Musk's girlfriend? His father Jamie Coots died at the age of 42 when he was bitten by a rattlesnake in 2014 at the same Full Gospel Tabernacle in Jesus’ Name church in Middlesboro, Kentucky. The church is inspired by the biblical verse Mark 16:18: ‘They will pick up serpents, and if they drink any deadly poison, it will not hurt them.’ Pastor Cody can be seen with blood all over his shirt before he is rushed to hospital. He’s now started to re-evaluate his life and faith in wake of his brush with death.

Snake-handling churches started appearing in the Appalachian Mountains over a hundred years ago. The death of Cody’s father thrust him into the pastor’s role at the age of just 23 – making him the fourth generation to take up the snake-handling vocation. FBI most wanted fugitive did Drake's KiKi challenge as he was carted off by cops Cody said: ‘When the Bible says serpents, it means a poisonous snake. When the old man got bit he died within probably 10 minutes, it’s a nasty bite. ‘Every time he’d ever got bitten, I’d never seen him drop a snake. And I’ve seen the snake hit the floor I thought, “We’ll just take him home”. ‘He walked back to the bathroom and the last words he did say to me was, “My face feels like it’s on fire”. ‘I stepped out of the bathroom and then I heard a scream and when I went back there he just went limp. ‘

Cody’s father Jamie Coots’ was killed in 2014, 60-year-old David Brock died after being bitten at a Pentecostal Church in Kentucky in 2015, and 44-year-old pastor Mack Randall Wolford died after being bitten by a timber rattlesnake during an outdoor religious service in West Virginia in 2012. Incredibly, Mack Randall Wolford’s father – who was also a snake handling pastor – also died from a snake bite almost 30 years earlier. Waitress punches co-worker for slapping her bum during drinking game But Cody and his congregation’s beliefs mean they continue to risk their health – and lives – at their Sunday services. During the services worshippers lay hands on the sick, pray, sing, and listen to sermons led by Pastor Cody, who often picks up snakes from a box and carries one or two of them aloft while he preaches. As the congregation becomes more and more enraptured by the message, they often shout, sing or even speak in tongues, while praising the Lord.

The service reaches its peak when those who feel moved by the Holy Spirit are invited to come up to the front, and handle fire, drink poisons, or hold up the snakes for themselves, while singing and dancing. Around 14 people regularly worship each Sunday, but services can last between 90 minutes and up to five hours, depending on the fervour and intensity of the occasion. Mass synthetic marijuana overdose as 93 people collapse in quick succession Cody’s wife Tammy, 25, said: ‘That church is their blood, you know. It started with their family and it’s going down with their family. ‘It is not for me. I wasn’t raised in this religion. I met Cody through my dad and we just clicked. I was just, like, crazy over him. ‘Me and Cody didn’t talk about religion until after we got married and all I said is, “God, what did I get myself into?”

‘I do worry that Cody is going to leave this world like his dad did. I don’t ever want that to happen to him because I love him. ‘ The church can be seen as repressive towards women, who are not allowed to wear make-up, and must dress in skirts instead of trousers. Driver doesn't get reaction he wants when he tried to contest parking ticket Meanwhile the women are not allowed to preach in church, although they can handle the snakes, hold aloft fire balls, and drink poison if they feel moved to do so during the weekly services, which can sometimes last up to five hours. The first series of My Life Inside: includes films about devil-worshippers in Oklahoma, and teenage girls in Louisiana who go through intricate ceremonies with their fathers in which they pledge to remain virgins until married.

https://metro.co.uk/2018/08/17/son-past ... n-7850798/

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

Hill Top
Repent and Be Baptized in the Name of Jesus Christ Because of the Remission of Sins

Re: Son of pastor killed by snake during sermon is bitten by deadly snake

Post by Hill Top »

I guess he should have been concentrating on the "live without sin" scriptures before he started tempting God with the "handle snakes" scriptures.

luchnia
Shall Not He that Spared Not His Own Son Freely Give Us All Things?

Post by luchnia »

Why don't they just jump off buildings or stand out in traffic on a busy interstate and see if God will save them? Total fruitcakes!

It is mind boggling how ignorant some folks can be. They don't even achieve the level of IDIOTS.

Word up!

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

I feel badly for his family.I recall the Bibleman visited these folks years ago.

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

A fellow in Africa a Preacher said the Lord told him he could walk with jungle cats and be unharmed.

The Lions nearly killed the poor fella.

He said i though God told me.

Dr.Lester Sumrall said that its either God,mans own mind or the devil or demonic powers telling people things .

luchnia wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:52 pm
Why don't they just jump off buildings or stand out in traffic on a busy interstate and see if God will save them? Total fruitcakes!

It is mind boggling how ignorant some folks can be. They don't even achieve the level of IDIOTS.
Last edited by branham1965 on Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

luchnia

Post by luchnia »

branham1965 wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:10 am
A fellow in Africa a Preacher said the Lord told him he could walk with jungle cats and be unharmed.

Dr.Lester Sumrall said that its either God,mans own mind or the devil or demonic powers telling people things .

luchnia wrote:

Yep, God doesn't talk to people the way they think He does.

Word up!

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

luchnia

i agree that God does not talk to some people.

BUT HE DOES SPEAK TO HIS SERVANTS AND HOLY ONES LIKE DAD HAGIN ,BROTHER KENNETH COPELAND AND SO MANY OTHERS.

GOD DOES NOT HAVE A DEAD NEW TESTAMENT RELIGION WHERE PEOPLE QUOTE BIBLE VERSES WITHOUT HOLY GHOST POWER.

luchnia wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:05 pm
branham1965 wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:10 am

luchnia wrote:

Yep, God doesn't talk to people the way they think He does.

luchnia

Post by luchnia »

bibleman wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:35 am
I really do not believe in snake handling at all. Not even a little bit. BUT I did find the folks to be sincere and in their own way as dedicated to the Lord as they knew how to be. They were all around good people who live in a very desperate area of poverty.

May God do something in their lives.
[/quote]

As it has been said before we are all ignorant just about different things. Being ignorant at this level is sort of like bungee jumping off of cliffs with frayed and torn bungee cords to see if they will somehow catch you or just break. I would not even jump with a good bungee much less a bad one.

I often wonder how one's perception can control the fate tempting avenue to the degree that one cannot rationalize their actions as being ignorant. How can men so misunderstand God's word to a point where death is the result? There are many things that people could make better choices and come out in better shape and being sincere in a bad choice can end in bad results.

There are those who do the building jumping and one slip results in death on the concrete below, yet for them it is something about the challenge that makes it worth it for them. Some of the snake handling videos gives you the impression the snake handlers think this is worthwhile to prove something.

Word up!