Dake Bible Discussion BoardMY VERY BEST IS A DISMAL FAILURE Posted on facebook DBD

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
bibleman
Administrator

MY VERY BEST IS A DISMAL FAILURE Posted on facebook DBD

Post by bibleman » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:58 am

MY VERY BEST IS A DISMAL FAILURE

DOC LYNCH·MONDAY, JUNE 11, 2018

That's gonna bunch up some shorts today. People don’t like to think of themselves as failures.

We like to think more of ourselves than we deserve. Especially when we put our all out best effort out there.
I'm no different. I had just walked, ran, limped, dragged my sorry carcass around the track for 4 1/2 miles at 6:00 one morning. As I'm jogging the last stretch down the hill to my house I’m finding myself hoping some neighbors are watching. What an accomplishment. Hey, stupid. It's not the olympics I remind myself. There are 5th graders who will burn that down.
I know, I know. It's good for me to do that, and it is an accomplishment of sorts, but in light of the One who deserves the applause, I am a failure.

I was a failure at even my best efforts at anything I ever did. Sports. Music. Marriage. Parenting. I was a heck of a drug addict though. But even then, many were "better".

The fact remains, the only credibility I ever achieved, my highest honor, my best performance at living and life, has been all because of Jesus Christ.

Without Him...I am nothing.

Jesus said it best.

John 15:5 (AMP) - "I am the Vine; you are the branches. Whoever lives in Me and I in him bears much (abundant) fruit. However, apart from Me [cut off from vital union with Me] you can do nothing."

Apart from Him, I am nothing.

You too. Or maybe you haven't gotten there...yet.

It's tough to admit to nothingness. Yet...my greatest problems and issues, and fails came when I thought I was really something.

Yell at your kids and see how great you feel after.

Now I realize I wasn't so smart, so tough, so talented, so nice, so good, so bad. I wasn't "so anything". When I met Jesus I became "so everything".

He is the “Great All That”. When we accept Him and receive Him into ourselves, we become that too.
How about a T-shirt? “Jesus Makes Me All That!”

We are supposed to be indistinguishable from Jesus. How do you think that's working for most believers you have met? Not so good. Know why? Because too many believers opt out and fall back into their own self sufficiency and relapse back into their own pitiful failure. Poser believers don’t like sharing their glory. Not even with Jesus. Maybe that’s how we distinguish TRUE believers.

I don't get it. I don't want any shred of my former ME to show it's face.

I take literally the apostle Paul's words:

Galatians 2:20 (AMP) - "I have been crucified with Christ [in Him I have shared His crucifixion]; it is no longer I who live, but Christ (the Messiah) lives in me; and the life I now live in the body I live by faith in (by adherence to and reliance on and complete trust in) the Son of God, Who loved me and gave Himself up for me."

I tattooed that on my arm. It's my great and special solemn reminder that all that matters to me and everyone I meet, is Him. In Him, it's all fixed. It's all better. It's my soberness, my ability to care for and love others, my talents, my joy and happiness, my healing and health, my purpose and joy in living. My SANITY!

MY SANITY, or INSANITY. The crazies. The voices. The temptations. All gone now. Serenity. Peace. Happiness. Joy. Thirty-two years added on. I don't think I was going to see 34. I have now seen almost 65. That's grace, baby. People are wondering why Cobain, Bourdain, Spade, and yes, even Robin Williams could snuff themselves. All at the height of their alleged “success”. I get it...

They didn’t have Jesus. Here’s your reality touch point today: if you don’t know Jesus you are as susceptible as them. There is a real enemy out there looking to rob your life eternally. Forever. He wants to take you to Hell.

Jesus speaking: John 10:10 (AMP) - “The thief comes only in order to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance (to the full, till it overflows).”

I hope you let Him save your life today, if you haven't already. It's NOT religion. It's RELATIONSHIP. If you can grasp the supernatural, this is THAT.

I want you to be blessed. I want you to be looking for change in your life if you agree with me today on this. If you can just open your heart a little, and invite Jesus in to at least reveal Himself to you, He will. And you will know when that happens. Be open, He will do the rest. Do that and watch and see.

Talk to me. I'm here.

MOST of the people I know who aren’t believers are suffering lack. They drink too much, or they have deep character flaws, or they fancy themselves really good people based on their own self aggrandizing opinions. They think they are far better at anything they do than they really are. Narcissistic underachievers who revolve around their own suns. Let me tell you...EVERYBODY suffers when involved around a person like that. All they ever needed is Jesus. That’s Who we need to be like. Everybody wins around that person.

Here's your blessing today if you want it. Seriously...take advantage of this.

All joy and happiness and peacefulness in the Holy Spirit fall on you right now as you read and receive this into your heart and soul. All anxiety and tension lifted from you in Jesus name. If you accept this you are feeling it leave you right now.

Jesus...come into my life right now! Amen.

SOZO (Saved, Healed, Delivered)

~Pastor Doc~ <><

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note