Dake Bible Discussion BoardJessie's Jet posted from facebook DBD

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
bibleman
Administrator

Jessie's Jet posted from facebook DBD

Post by bibleman »

Was it wrong for God to tell Moses to cover the Ark of the Covenant and furniture and vessels with pure God? Wouldn't wood without all the gold been OK in worship?

And in the NT was it wrong for Jesus to multiplied food for the 5,000 and NOT have multiplied enough for ALL the poor in Israel? And what about the expensive clothes Jesus wore?

I am assuming that we would say all the ABOVE is fine... Then what is so bad about Jessie buying another jet? A 54 million dollar jet?

Personally I could not justify it, but then again, who said I am right on this anyway?

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

luchnia
Shall Not He that Spared Not His Own Son Freely Give Us All Things?

Re: Jessie's Jet posted from facebook DBD

Post by luchnia »

bibleman wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:12 pm
Was it wrong for God to tell Moses to cover the Ark of the Covenant and furniture and vessels with pure God? Wouldn't wood without all the gold been OK in worship?

And in the NT was it wrong for Jesus to multiplied food for the 5,000 and NOT have multiplied enough for ALL the poor in Israel? And what about the expensive clothes Jesus wore?

I am assuming that we would say all the ABOVE is fine... Then what is so bad about Jessie buying another jet? A 54 million dollar jet?

Personally I could not justify it, but then again, who said I am right on this anyway?
In my mind the comparison is not an apples to apples.
The type of thoughts that come to me are:
1. No, it was right for what Moses did as that was the Ark of the Covenant (nothing like Jessie's jet)
2. Jesus would have fed anyone that was added to the numbers. A jet is not food and I am not sure about the poor in Israel :)
3. To me, Jessie has no balance or moderation and even further, God isn't telling Jessie to buy the multi-million dollar Jet, even though he makes such a idiotic statement.

It is like one pastor told about once. A man sit next to the pastor and told the pastor that God told him that the pastor would soon be in financial trouble. The pastor looked at the man and said something like this, That is not what God told me. God told me that I would prosper even as my soul prospered." The pastor stood on God's word and was very prospered, so the words that he was told were not heeded. Jessie believed he needed some ridiculous jet and his followers no doubt "buy" into it.

Here is a question - Is Jessie buying the jet with his money, or his donor's money? I am assuming Jessie doesn't have 54 million dollars from working, but the money that is donated probably does. For me that would weigh heavily on how I spent other people's money.

Word up!

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: Jessie's Jet posted from facebook DBD

Post by branham1965 »

JEHOVAH Himself gave the exact instructions to His servant Moses for the Tabernacle ,The Ark of the Covenant and everything in the Tabernacle etc.

I do not know why the Lord Jesus did not feed everybody in Israel when He fed the 5,000 or the 4,000.

JESUS should have worn the best clothes ever .But i do not know where it says He did.

As for the plane thing that is between Jesse Duplantis and the Lord in my view.