Dake Bible Discussion Board3-billion-year-old organic matter on Mars - posted on facebook DBD

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.

With this in mind, regarding the age of the Earth which of the TWO is closer to being right?

Young Earth - Around 6,000 years old.
No votes
Old Earth - Much more than 6,000 years old for sure could be millions or even billions - Only God knows.
100%

Total votes: 4

bibleman
Administrator

3-billion-year-old organic matter on Mars - posted on facebook DBD

Post by bibleman » Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:20 pm

Just read - "NASA Curiosity Rover unearths building blocks in 3-billion-year-old organic matter on Mars"

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

Spiritblade Disciple
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: 3-billion-year-old organic matter on Mars - posted on facebook DBD

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:00 pm

We recently visited the Creation Museum, in Kentucky. They're young Earthers.

There was one display where they pointed out that the lava from Mt. St. Helens that cooled and hardened registered as 350,000 years of age according to science only 11 years after the eruption.

I don't trust scientific dating methods.

Even with the Pre-Adamic World perspective, there's not really any need for the earth to be hundreds of thousands of years of age, let alone millions or billions. It could be, but I don't know of any reason why it would have to be.

SPIRITBLADE DISCIPLE
— Luke 12:4-5 King James Version —
"And I say unto you My friends, be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do. But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear Him, which after He hath killed hath power to cast into Hell; yea, I say unto you, fear Him."

Ironman
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by Ironman » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:35 pm

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:00 pm
We recently visited the Creation Museum, in Kentucky. They're young Earthers.

There was one display where they pointed out that the lava from Mt. St. Helens that cooled and hardened registered as 350,000 years of age according to science only 11 years after the eruption.

I don't trust scientific dating methods.

Even with the Pre-Adamic World perspective, there's not really any need for the earth to be hundreds of thousands of years of age, let alone millions or billions. It could be, but I don't know of any reason why it would have to be.
So you don't believe in the pre-Adamite world ruled by Lucifer for only God knows how long until Lucifer decided to rebel and invade Heaven to try and dethrone God? Convincing one third of God's innumerable angels and all the people he ruled on the earth to join him in his rebellion alone, would have taken a very long time. This earth is older than 6000 years.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Spiritblade Disciple

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:16 pm

It could have been a really long time (billions, trillions, or even a heptillion years), but there's nothing that I know of that requires it to have been that long.

Do you have a Bible passage that clearly states that Lucifer ruled planet earth for more than a thousand years prior to the creation of Adam?

SPIRITBLADE DISCIPLE
"And I say unto you My friends, be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do. But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear Him, which after He hath killed hath power to cast into Hell; yea, I say unto you, fear Him."

Ironman

Post by Ironman » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:03 pm

Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:16 pm
It could have been a really long time (billions, trillions, or even a heptillion years), but there's nothing that I know of that requires it to have been that long.

Do you have a Bible passage that clearly states that Lucifer ruled planet earth for more than a thousand years prior to the creation of Adam?
Do you have one that says he didn't?

How long Lucifer ruled the Earth in perfect harmony with the kingdom of God is not known, but it was for a long period, for it took a long time to work up such as rebellion as he did. He caused over one third of God's own angels to rebel, as well as all his onw earthly subjects. Have a read of lesson 7, GPFM page 113, Rebellion and overthrow of the first social system. Angels ruled no only the earth but other planets as well.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Spiritblade Disciple

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:07 pm

No, Haz, I don't have a scriptural passage that says that Lucifer's reign was less than a thousand years prior to the creation of Adam. I don't have one that says that it was longer, either.

As to how long it took to stir rebellion... It took less than 2,000 years from Adam to Noah for God to destroy the earth with a flood. I don't think Lucifer's rebellion would've lasted any longer than that. And, the iniquity found in Lucifer could've manifested shortly after he was created.

So, no need for tens of thousands of years, let alone billions.

What scriptures say that angels rule over other planets? So far as I know, the Mars rover hasn't found any angels, yet.

SPIRITBLADE DISCIPLE

branham1965

Post by branham1965 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:16 pm

It is one thing to take the Bible literally it is another to be extreme about it.

In my view these people are extreme and erroneous.

I do not think Reverend Dake would agree with these folks.
Last edited by branham1965 on Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ironman

Post by Ironman » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:21 pm

Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:07 pm
No, Haz, I don't have a scriptural passage that says that Lucifer's reign was less than a thousand years prior to the creation of Adam. I don't have one that says that it was longer, either.

As to how long it took to stir rebellion... It took less than 2,000 years from Adam to Noah for God to destroy the earth with a flood. I don't think Lucifer's rebellion would've lasted any longer than that. And, the iniquity found in Lucifer could've manifested shortly after he was created.

So, no need for tens of thousands of years, let alone billions.

What scriptures say that angels rule over other planets? So far as I know, the Mars rover hasn't found any angels, yet.
This one;

Rev 12:12, Therefore rejoice ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. (PLURAL) Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.

The earth is the only planet in our immediate galaxy so far that has been re-created since Lucifers rebellion. We will have dominion over all things, as we would have had, had Adam not sinned, when Christ finally puts down all rebellion and sin.

Psalms 8:3-6, V, When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained;
4, What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?
5, For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour.
6, Thou madest him to have dominion over the works of thy hands; thou hast put all things under his feet:

Spiritblade Disciple

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:31 pm

Psalm 8:5-6 says that man rules over other planets, not angels.

SPIRITBLADE DISCIPLE

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:01 am

Dake teaches Lucifer's Kingdom was on the earth.

Isaiah 14:14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High. (KJV)

a [above the heights of the clouds] Proving that Lucifer's kingdom was located on earth under the clouds, under the stars, and under heaven where God lives (Isa. 14:13-14). Finis Jennings Dake, Dake's Annotated Reference Bible: Containing the Old and New Testaments of the Authorized or King James Version Text, (Lawrenceville, GA: Dake Bible Sales, Inc., 1997), WORDsearch CROSS e-book, Under: "Chapter 14".

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note