Dake Bible Discussion BoardIs there a literal Hell?

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.

Is there a literal Hell?

Yes
86%
No
14%

Total votes: 7

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: Is there a literal Hell?

Post by branham1965 »

The denial of Hell

was the cry of the 19th Century Neo Christian

cults.

Please see Dr.Merill F.Unger's works.

rstrats
Zechariah

Post by rstrats »

bibleman,
re: "Hell the literal place as is located in the heart of the Earth."

Is this the same "heart of the earth" that the Messiah said he would be in for three days and three nights?

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

rstrats wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:21 am
bibleman,
re: "Hell the literal place as is located in the heart of the Earth."

Is this the same "heart of the earth" that the Messiah said he would be in for three days and three nights?
Yes Jesus went into the Paradise side of Hell. At that time what we would call Hell was divided into TWO compartments. Paradise and Hell the torment side.

Luke 16:26 And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence. (KJV)

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

That sounds like soul sleep or annihilationism.

No offence.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

DARB on page 619 talks about 3 types of death

1.Physical death

2. Spiritual death

3.Eternal death

Dad Hagin saw a Vision (one of many he had) of a woman of exceptional beauty who was in ministry who had rejected Jesus Christ.

She left her husband who was a Preacher.They tried to restore her at a hotel and she said some awful terrible things about the Lord.

She and another man had founded a devilish cult.Later she started singing in nightclubs.

The Lord told Dad Hagin because she had renounced Christ

that she will spend eternity in the lake that burneth with fire and brimstone then he actually saw her go down into that place and heard her awful screams. :agrue:

Reverend Gordon and Freda Lindsay tried to help this girl.Gordon Lindsay went to a meeting to help he and he said the powers of darkness were there.After it was over she shook hands with people and when she saw Rev.Lindsay she turned as white as a ghost.

She said "Hello Gordon." She never called him this before.

He and Freda Lindsay tried to have coffee with her and help her but her entourage took her away.

They were not able to reach her. Awhile later someone at Christ for the Nations told them that she had died. :agrue:

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

I do not understand your position on this.

Can you please try one more time.

Thank you.

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

Revelation 20:10 teaches that Satan will be cast into the Lake of Fire FOREVER, “And the devil that deceived them [the world] was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone [lava], where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.”

Revelation 21:8, “But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the LAKE WHICH BURNETH WITH FIRE AND BRIMSTONE: which is the SECOND DEATH.”

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

luchnia
Shall Not He that Spared Not His Own Son Freely Give Us All Things?

Post by luchnia »

Ironman wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:23 pm
Revelation 21:8, “But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the LAKE WHICH BURNETH WITH FIRE AND BRIMSTONE: which is the SECOND DEATH.”
I wonder what the meaning of "have their part..." is indicative of. I wonder if the meaning is similar to the form "part of" that we read in other text such as "took part of...". No doubt, a major ordeal and part, however it is simply not detailed anywhere.

From the text it appears that it is not the same as the devil's part, nor the beast and false prophet's part since the devil is singled out and noted apart from the rest as well as the beast, and false prophet being separate.

There is also something else to note that the verses seem to indicate and that is the time period. Notice that the beast and false prophet were already there when the devil was cast there. I am sure we will find the answers out in time, but right now we do not know.

Word up!

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

That is what i was taught in Warren by my Pastor and it agrees with you Harry.

One thing people totally overlook about religion is 1 Timothy 4:1.

Things that deny the fundamental truths of the Word are from seducing spirits not just peoples imaginations.

Reverend Dake taught this in War on the Saints cf. DARB,BTU,GPFM.
Ironman wrote:
Revelation 20:10 teaches that Satan will be cast into the Lake of Fire FOREVER, “And the devil that deceived them [the world] was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone [lava], where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.”

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

branham1965 wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:24 am
That is what i was taught in Warren by my Pastor and it agrees with you Harry.

One thing people totally overlook about religion is 1 Timothy 4:1.

Things that deny the fundamental truths of the Word are from seducing spirits not just peoples imaginations.

Reverend Dake taught this in War on the Saints cf. DARB,BTU,GPFM.
Ironman wrote:

:angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?