Dake Bible Discussion BoardIs there a literal Hell?

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.

Is there a literal Hell?

Yes
86%
No
14%

Total votes: 7

luchnia
Shall Not He that Spared Not His Own Son Freely Give Us All Things?

Re: Is there a literal Hell?

Post by luchnia »

Ironman wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:48 pm
Its a waste of time discussing Scriptures with people who do not believe what they read.
I agree and would add the word "understand" to that sentence, but who are the "they" that do not believe what they read?

In my view the small number that post here believe what they read however some may struggle to understand the context and application of what they read making the believing improperly founded.

Word up!

rstrats
Zechariah

Post by rstrats »

Ironman,

I don't see where the phrase, "They shall be tormented with fire and brimstone FOR EVER AND EVER..." is included in either verse 10 or 11. It appears you are adding something to scripture which isn't there as noted by luchnia.

rstrats
Zechariah

Post by rstrats »

luchnia,
re: "Why is it important to make these things mean something that is not stated in God's word...?

The only thing I can think of is that for some macabre reason there are those who want folks to be tortured 24/7 for eternity simply because during their fleeting few years of life they didn't or couldn't meet the supreme being's requirements nor develop or have the potential to develop the right character needed to spend eternity with this supreme being.

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

rstrats wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:20 am
luchnia,
re: "Why is it important to make these things mean something that is not stated in God's word...?

The only thing I can think of is that for some macabre reason there are those who want folks to be tortured 24/7 for eternity simply because during their fleeting few years of life they didn't or couldn't meet the supreme being's requirements nor develop or have the potential to develop the right character needed to spend eternity with this supreme being.
God wants everyone to be saved, but there are those who simply refuse to believe in Him and in Jesus whom He sent. But He will do right by those who have never heard of Him, Jesus or the gospel, as long as they have lived a good life in the society they were born into.

Rev 14:10-11: 10, The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:
11, And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

They shall be tormented with fire and brimstone FOR EVER AND EVER: and they have no rest day or night, As Ripley said, believe it or not. I believe what I am reading in this Scripture.

Like I said earlier, Its a waste of time discussing Scriptures with people who do not believe what they read.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

rstrats
Zechariah

Post by rstrats »

ronman,
re: "God wants everyone to be saved..."

Does He have any input into the creation of a person?

re: "...there are those who simply refuse to believe in Him and in Jesus whom He sent."

Are you suggestiong that you think a person has the ability to consciously choose to believe that someone or something does or doesn't exist or that a certain proposition is or isn't true?

re: "They shall be tormented with fire and brimstone FOR EVER AND EVER..."

And for the 3rd time what scripture says that,i.e., "They shall be tormented with fire and brimstone FOR EVER AND EVER"?

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

rstrats wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:55 pm
ronman,
re: "God wants everyone to be saved..."

re: "...there are those who simply refuse to believe in Him and in Jesus whom He sent."

Are you suggestiong that you think a person has the ability to consciously choose to believe that someone or something does or doesn't exist or that a certain proposition is or isn't true?

re: "They shall be tormented with fire and brimstone FOR EVER AND EVER..."
And for the 3rd time what scripture says that,i.e., "They shall be tormented with fire and brimstone FOR EVER AND EVER"?
Gen. 1:26, And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness:

Shall they be tormented for ever and forever?

Rev.. 14:10-11, V, 10, The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:
11, And the smoke of their torment ascended up FOR EVER AND FOR EVER: and they have no rest, DAY NOR NIGHT, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

rstrats
Zechariah

Post by rstrats »

Ironman,
re: "Gen. 1:26, And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness:"

That verse is only referring to Adam. I'm asking about every person who has lived/is living.

re: "Shall they be tormented for ever and forever?"

Maybe, maybe not. Just so it's understood that scripture doesn't say.

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

rstrats wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:55 pm
Ironman,
re: "Gen. 1:26, And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness:"

That verse is only referring to Adam. I'm asking about every person who has lived/is living.

Got a question...

Above you said: "That verse is only referring to Adam. I'm asking about every person who has lived/is living."

WHO would man today be made in the image of?

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

No sir you are as wrong as you can be.

The wicked shall be turned into hell and all the nations that forget God. Psalms 9:17

And in hell he lift up his eyes being in torments..i am tormented in this flame." Jesus said in many place that there is a flame in hell.Luke 16:23-24.

People who deny a real literal burning Hell are denying the Bible.

rstrats wrote:
Ironman,

Ironman

Post by Ironman »

rstrats wrote:
Ironman,

Scriptures say there is a buning Hell where the fire is never quenched.

Hell, (Matt. 16:18; Luke 16:19-31). This is the torment part in the unseen world and was, still is, and will yet be the abode of all the wicked souls and spirits of men from Able to the end of the Millennium. Then, at this time all the wicked will be liberated out of this prison and will be given their own immortal bodies and be judged before being cast into the "lake of fire" forever (Rev. 20:11-15; 21:8).

Plus, the Lake of Fire, which is the eternal Hell and perdition of wicked men, demons, fallen angels, and all rebellious creatures of all ages who have ever rebelled against God, and who have refused to repent when they could have. It is called "The Gehenna of Fire" and is always translated Hell (Matt. 5:22, 29, 30; 10:28; 18:9; 23:15, 33; Mark 9:43-45, 47; Luke 12:5; James 3:6). This prison is also called "the second death, which is the lake of fire" (Rev. 2:11; 20:6, 14). This final Hell was prepared for the devil and all his angels (Matt. 25:41-46), and for all other rebells, and it is ETERNAL in duration (Rev. 14:9-14; 20:10-15; Isa. 66:22-24; Matt. 25:46). There is no record in Scripture of anyone being the lake of fire at present. Scripture does show that the beast and the false prophet will be the first to be cast into it. This will happen before the Millennium (Rev. 19:20). They will still be there 1,000 years later when the devil and all other rebels will be cast into it (Rev. 20:10-15).