Dake Bible Discussion BoardCatholics whip themselves and slash their backs

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Catholics whip themselves and slash their backs

Post by Ironman »

Graphic;

Christs sacrifice was not enough for these people? Talk about the devil influencing people.

Catholics whip themselves and slash their backs with razor blades in the Philippines to atone for their sins in extreme show of faith ahead of Easter
GRAPHIC CONTENT WARNING: Filipinos marched through the streets dripping with blood from the ritual
They believe the extreme and grisly form of worship will cleanse sins, cure illness, and grant wishes
Masked devotees were seen performing the acts of self-inflicted pain to mark the Holy Week in town of Pakil
Despite condemnation from the Church, crowds of spectators including children lined the streets to watch
By Nic White For Mailonline
Published: 22:07 AEDT, 29 March 2018 | Updated: 05:13 AEDT, 30 March 2018

More here;

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... aster.html

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

macca
Tarry Until Ye Be Endued With Power From On High

Re: Catholics whip themselves and slash their backs

Post by macca »

The reason people do these things is, because, of their not knowing the pure Word of God..

They have a mixture of the truth, as Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth and the life."
It is the Spirit that makes alive; the flesh profits nothing; the words that I speak to you, they are spirit, and they are life.
It is written. Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God.
All the blessings of God come by believing what God has said about such blessings,
not by believing what some man has said about the manifold blessings of God.

macca

davido
Be Strong in the Power of His Might

Re: Catholics whip themselves and slash their backs

Post by davido »

not many.
of the 100 million population these a very few.