Dake Bible Discussion BoardGREAT understanding of Free Will

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
bibleman
Administrator

GREAT understanding of Free Will

Post by bibleman »

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: GREAT understanding of Free Will

Post by branham1965 »

Much of the population of the world has never heard the Word from the Lord Jesus Day to 2018.

What about these poor souls??

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

:angel: :angel: :angel:
bibleman wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:20 am

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

To be born again, John 3:3,

To be begotten from above. It literally means there must be a transformation from God and a renewal in righteousness and true holiness to be saved (2 Cor. 5:17-21; Eph. 4:22-24; Col. 1:13-14, 20; 2:12-17; 3:1-16) (Dake Bible page 166).

A new born baby who has not personally committed sin cannot chose to be renewed to righteousness and true holiness. They don't even know what day it is let alone perceive the kingdom and all its realities.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

Ironman wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:44 pm

Fundamental Christianity teaches infant baptism which is un-biblical.

Your the one who said, "Their fate is Hell," unless they are born again." Scripture teaches one must repent to be saved. How can an infant repent? An infant does not have to repent of anything, and an infant does not have to be born again. If and when an infant dies or is aborted, it goes straight to Heaven.

Hey Harry,

Hum... Maybe in Australia they teach infant baptism, but here in the states I don't know of any fundamental churches that teach infant baptism.

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

bibleman wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:08 pm
Ironman wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:44 pm

Fundamental Christianity teaches infant baptism which is un-biblical.

Your the one who said, "Their fate is Hell," unless they are born again." Scripture teaches one must repent to be saved. How can an infant repent? An infant does not have to repent of anything, and an infant does not have to be born again. If and when an infant dies or is aborted, it goes straight to Heaven.
Hey Harry,

Hum... Maybe in Australia they teach infant baptism, but here in the states I don't know of any fundamental churches that teach infant baptism.
Both here and in Australia, the Presbyterians practice infant baptism, + Catholics, + Lutherans baptize infants, Most Protestant denominations, especially those that trace descent from Lutherans, Reformed or the Church of England, practice infant baptism as a substitute for the ceremony of circumcision as practiced in the Jewish faith. Methodists, Many Orthodox Christians adhere to the Catholic sacraments, which include infant baptism. The Wesleyan Church, Church of the Nazarene, Free Methodist Church, Evangelical Free Church and the Evangelical Covenant Church, to name a few. :angel:

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Ironman

Post by Ironman »

Leviticus 19:33-34, And if a stranger sojourn with thee in your land, ye shall not vex him.

34, But the stranger that dwelleth with you shall be unto you as one born among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself; for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God.

macca
Tarry Until Ye Be Endued With Power From On High

Post by macca »

For without the law sin was dead.
For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.

For a child to sin that child must make a conscience decision to break the law of their conscience to do what they know is wrong.

Isaiah states about his own son thus:
Butter and honey shall he eat, that he may know to refuse the evil, and choose the good.
For before the child shall know to refuse the evil, and choose the good, etc

Look at the v,14; talking of Jesus....
Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bare a son, and shall call his name
Immanuel.

We cannot conceive of the conception of Jesus to produce a sin effected human can we, who was the Father of Jesus?
God the Father of cause,,,and so it is with all human babies conceived on the Earth,,,,for God almighty is the Father of spirits.

All man does is reproduce his own likeness in the flesh; where the spirit is the likeness of God.

macca

luchnia
Shall Not He that Spared Not His Own Son Freely Give Us All Things?

Post by luchnia »

branham1965 wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:09 am

I will say it again anyone that damns babies or children to hell fire is a sick . :-|
I understand your thoughts here, but this is a statement to be very cautious about. Remember the flood during the time of Noah where everyone besides those righteous were damned and yes, that means all the babies, young children, and adults. We see from study who was left on the ark. This is a subject not well painted with a broad brush stroke.

The scripture has a decent amount of info about children and some were accountable at a very young age. If I am not mistaken the bible speaks of a 7 year old that became a king. To me I cannot even fathom that young of a person becoming a king. Now whether he had enough moral compass to be accountable might be questionable. If not, he certainly at some point did.

From the new testament (although specifically not stated) I tend to hold to there being an age of accountability for the young. I base that on the few statements Jesus made about the children. I certainly cannot prove that from Scripture so it is simply my perception.

Word up!

luchnia
Shall Not He that Spared Not His Own Son Freely Give Us All Things?

Post by luchnia »

When you think about free will, a lot of things can come to mind. Is the will of man indeed free? I believe it is in certain areas, and some not so much. We certainly cannot will to be unborn and not exist. I mean we could will it as Job did, but it did not happen for Job and it doesn't happen for us.

We believe God desires us to love Him and that by our choice. Which we tend to believe is part of God's design by which we are created. Which to me the power of choice makes perfect sense otherwise we would be nothing more than robots or machines. However, there are times when my mind begs the question of why did God make me have to choose? This is the tough part.

There is the part of this that can seem a bit unfair. We were created with choice powers, yet it was not our choice to be created this way. We had no say in the matter. Did any of you choose how you would be created? So depending on how you take what is deemed "fair" that could cause some serious thoughts.

In a sense we are forced to choose three paths, the path of righteousness with Jesus, the path of unrighteousness being led by satan, or the middle or lukewarm road (spoken of in Revelation) which winds up the unrighteous path. From my understanding, two of these paths will end in eternal torments and one will end in eternal life with Christ. The narrow path as we know it can be the most difficult of choices because there are many conditions laid out by God for one to walk that path.

So essentially we can choose to walk the unrighteous broad path or the righteous narrow path. Forced? Maybe not, but when it comes down to it, it brings about some thoughts. I mean what man with a sane mind knowing forever torments or forever life would choose eternal torments? Evil or good, right? We could certainly consider this choice power a bit unfair if we were to ponder this more.

Free will has a sense of complexity to it. At my age and time in the Word and for the most part I understand the importance of faith when considering free will. It is that hope or confidence that guides me toward the end. I don't state that I completely understand, but I think having the choice to love was the only way God could create a being as complex as man is.

Word up!