Dake Bible Discussion BoardGREAT understanding of Free Will

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Spiritblade Disciple
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: GREAT understanding of Free Will

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:49 pm

Ironman wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:45 pm
Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:32 pm
Ironman wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:21 pm
Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:14 pm
Ironman wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:09 pm
To be born again, John 3:3,

To be begotten from above. It literally means there must be a transformation from God and a renewal in righteousness and true holiness to be saved (2 Cor. 5:17-21; Eph. 4:22-24; Col. 1:13-14, 20; 2:12-17; 3:1-16) (Dake Bible page 166).

A new born baby who has not personally committed sin cannot chose to be renewed to righteousness and true holiness. They don't even know what day it is let alone perceive the kingdom and all its realities.
If that is the case (and I'm not saying that it is), then babies cannot be saved.
You have absolutly no idea and you dont even realise it!
I know that babies can be saved (and even filled with the Holy Ghost).
We all know babies are saved. ALL NEWBORN BABIES ARE SAVED REGARDLESS.
Please, prove that from the Bible?

Thou through Thy commandments hast made me wiser than mine enemies: for they are ever with me. I have more understanding than all my teachers: for Thy testimonies are my meditation. I understand more than the ancients, because I keep Thy precepts.
Psalms 119:98‭-‬100 King James Version

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:52 pm

ANYONE teaching that babies and little ones go to hell is sick in the head. :-|

Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:49 pm
Ironman wrote:
Ironman wrote:
Ironman wrote:

To be begotten from above. It literally means there must be a transformation from God and a renewal in righteousness and true holiness to be saved (2 Cor. 5:17-21; Eph. 4:22-24; Col. 1:13-14, 20; 2:12-17; 3:1-16) (Dake Bible page 166).

A new born baby who has not personally committed sin cannot chose to be renewed to righteousness and true holiness. They don't even know what day it is let alone perceive the kingdom and all its realities.
If that is the case (and I'm not saying that it is), then babies cannot be saved.

Ironman

Post by Ironman » Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:01 pm

Ironman wrote:
Ironman wrote:
Ironman wrote:

Its a waste of time proving this from the Bible because its obvious you dont believe the Bible. Read this again;

Infant baptism is not taught in Scripture. There is not one word that mentions any such practice. On the contrary, it is clear from Scripture that baptism is only after men have repented and have been born again by the Spirit of God. Infants are not lost due to the fact that they are not old enough to to sin, or be responsible for sins and therefore could not repent of known sins. They therefore cannot be fit candidates for water baptism which is a symbol of the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ and a testimony to the world that the individual has been saved from a life of sin and that he is walking in newness of life.

Only personal disciples and followers of Jesus Christ were commanded to be baptized.

Matt. 28:19-20, V, 19, Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

v, 20, Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Go and ask a newborn if it believes in God and see what answer you will get, Mark 16:15-16, v, 16, He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Baptise a new born and see if they can cast out devils and speak with new tongues, v, 17, And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; +hammer +hammer +hammer

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Spiritblade Disciple

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:11 pm

branham1965 wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:52 pm
Ironman wrote:
Ironman wrote:
Ironman wrote:

ANYONE teaching that babies and little ones go to hell is sick in the head. :-|
If you consider time from an eternal perspective, there's not much difference, at all, between a newborn and a person of 1,000 years of age. Both ages are just as insignificant compared to eternity. To give one a pass and not the other doesn't seem fair, at all, from that perspective.

Thou through Thy commandments hast made me wiser than mine enemies: for they are ever with me. I have more understanding than all my teachers: for Thy testimonies are my meditation. I understand more than the ancients, because I keep Thy precepts.

Spiritblade Disciple

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:15 pm

Ironman wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:01 pm
Ironman wrote:
Ironman wrote:
Ironman wrote:

Its a waste of time proving this from the Bible because its obvious you dont believe the Bible. Read this again;

Infant baptism is not taught in Scripture. There is not one word that mentions any such practice. On the contrary, it is clear from Scripture that baptism is only after men have repented and have been born again by the Spirit of God. Infants are not lost due to the fact that they are not old enough to to sin, or be responsible for sins and therefore could not repent of known sins. They therefore cannot be fit candidates for water baptism which is a symbol of the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ and a testimony to the world that the individual has been saved from a life of sin and that he is walking in newness of life.

Only personal disciples and followers of Jesus Christ were commanded to be baptized.

Matt. 28:19-20, V, 19, Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

v, 20, Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Go and ask a newborn if it believes in God and see what answer you will get, Mark 16:15-16, v, 16, He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Baptise a new born and see if they can cast out devils and speak with new tongues, v, 17, And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; +hammer +hammer +hammer
What does infant baptism have to do with whether or not infants can be saved?

Ironman

Post by Ironman » Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:44 pm

Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:15 pm
Ironman wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:01 pm
Ironman wrote:
Ironman wrote:

What does infant baptism have to do with whether or not infants can be saved?
Fundamental Christianity teaches infant baptism which is un-biblical.

Your the one who said, "Their fate is Hell," unless they are born again." Scripture teaches one must repent to be saved. How can an infant repent? An infant does not have to repent of anything, and an infant does not have to be born again. If and when an infant dies or is aborted, it goes straight to Heaven.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman » Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:08 pm

Ironman wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:44 pm

Your the one who said, "Their fate is Hell," unless they are born again." Scripture teaches one must repent to be saved. How can an infant repent? An infant does not have to repent of anything, and an infant does not have to be born again. If and when an infant dies or is aborted, it goes straight to Heaven.

Hey Harry,

Hum... Maybe in Australia they teach infant baptism, but here in the states I don't know of any fundamental churches that teach infant baptism.

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

Ironman

Post by Ironman » Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:59 pm

bibleman wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:08 pm
Ironman wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:44 pm

Hey Harry,

Hum... Maybe in Australia they teach infant baptism, but here in the states I don't know of any fundamental churches that teach infant baptism.
Both here and in Australia, the Presbyterians practice infant baptism, + Catholics, + Lutherans baptize infants, Most Protestant denominations, especially those that trace descent from Lutherans, Reformed or the Church of England, practice infant baptism as a substitute for the ceremony of circumcision as practiced in the Jewish faith. Methodists, Many Orthodox Christians adhere to the Catholic sacraments, which include infant baptism. The Wesleyan Church, Church of the Nazarene, Free Methodist Church, Evangelical Free Church and the Evangelical Covenant Church, to name a few. :angel:

Ironman

Post by Ironman » Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:30 pm

Leviticus 19:33-34, And if a stranger sojourn with thee in your land, ye shall not vex him.

34, But the stranger that dwelleth with you shall be unto you as one born among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself; for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God.

macca
Dake VIP Member
Dake VIP Member

Post by macca » Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:33 am

For without the law sin was dead.
For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.

For a child to sin that child must make a conscience decision to break the law of their conscience to do what they know is wrong.

Isaiah states about his own son thus:
Butter and honey shall he eat, that he may know to refuse the evil, and choose the good.
For before the child shall know to refuse the evil, and choose the good, etc

Look at the v,14; talking of Jesus....
Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bare a son, and shall call his name
Immanuel.

We cannot conceive of the conception of Jesus to produce a sin effected human can we, who was the Father of Jesus?
God the Father of cause,,,and so it is with all human babies conceived on the Earth,,,,for God almighty is the Father of spirits.

All man does is reproduce his own likeness in the flesh; where the spirit is the likeness of God.

macca

For ALL the promises of God in Him are YES, and in Him AMEN, unto the glory of God by us.