Dake Bible Discussion BoardMark of the Beast

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Chucksta
Joshua

Mark of the Beast

Post by Chucksta »

Dake teaches that the Mark of the Beast isnt 666, reading from the KJV Revelation 13:17, " And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name." But other translation reads as if it states that the Mark of the Beast is either the name or the number of his name, in the KJV, the word "or" is inserted between "had the mark, or the name of the beast", as if "the Mark" is something separate from the name of the beast. Which translation is correct? read below:

New International Version
so that they could not buy or sell unless they had the mark, WHICH IS the name of the beast or the number of its name.

New Living Translation
And no one could buy or sell anything without that mark, WHICH WAS EITHER the name of the beast or the number representing his name.

English Standard Version
so that no one can buy or sell unless he has the mark, THAT IS, the name of the beast or the number of its name.

Berean Study Bible
so that no one could buy or sell unless he had the mark--the name of the beast or the number of its name.

Berean Literal Bible
and that no one should be able to buy or to sell, if not the one having the mark--the name of the beast, or the number of its name.

New American Standard Bible
and he provides that no one will be able to buy or to sell, except the one who has the mark, either the name of the beast or the number of his name.

King James Bible
And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

Christian Standard Bible
so that no one can buy or sell unless he has the mark: the beast's name or the number of its name.

Contemporary English Version
they all had to have this mark, or else they could not buy or sell anything. This mark stood for the name of the beast and for the number of its name.

Good News Translation
No one could buy or sell without this mark, that is, the beast's name or the number that stands for the name.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
so that no one can buy or sell unless he has the mark: the beast's name or the number of his name.

International Standard Version
so that no one may buy or sell unless he has the mark, which is the beast's name or the number of its name.

NET Bible
Thus no one was allowed to buy or sell things unless he bore the mark of the beast--that is, his name or his number.

New Heart English Bible
and that no one could be able to buy or to sell, unless he has that mark, the name of the beast or the number of his name.

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
That no one may buy or sell again except one who has the mark of the name of The Beast or the number of its name.

GOD'S WORD® Translation
It does this so that no one may buy or sell unless he has the brand, which is the beast's name or the number of its name.

New American Standard 1977
and he provides that no one should be able to buy or to sell, except the one who has the mark, either the name of the beast or the number of his name.

Jubilee Bible 2000
and that no one might buy or sell, unless he has the mark or the name of the beast or the number of its name.

King James 2000 Bible
And that no man might buy or sell, except he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

American King James Version
And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

American Standard Version
and that no man should be able to buy or to sell, save he that hath the mark, even the name of the beast or the number of his name.

Douay-Rheims Bible
And that no man might buy or sell, but he that hath the character, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

Darby Bible Translation
and that no one should be able to buy or sell save he that had the mark, the name of the beast, or the number of its name.

English Revised Version
and that no man should be able to buy or to sell, save he that hath the mark, even the name of the beast or the number of his name.

Webster's Bible Translation
And that no man might buy or sell, save him that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

Weymouth New Testament
in order that no one should be allowed to buy or sell unless he had the mark--either the name of the Wild Beast or the number which his name represents.

World English Bible
and that no one would be able to buy or to sell, unless he has that mark, the name of the beast or the number of his name.

Young's Literal Translation
and that no one may be able to buy, or to sell, except he who is having the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

macca
Tarry Until Ye Be Endued With Power From On High

Re: Mark of the Beast

Post by macca »

The Twentieth Century New Testament of 1901....
It causes a brand to be put on the right hand or upon the forehead of every one of them, with the result that no one is
able to buy or sell except those that bear this brand - either the name of the Beast or the number indicated by the letters
of his name.

The Moffatt Translation of the bible.
so that no one can buy or sell unless he bears the mark, that is, the name of the Beast or the cipher of his name.

The Worrell New Testament.
and that no one should be able to buy or sell, except him who has the mark, the name of the Beast, or the number of his name.

The New Testament, an expanded Translation... by Kenneth S Wuest.
to the end that no one should be able to buy or sell except he who has the mark of identification consisting of the name of the Wild Beast or the number which stands for his name.

Chucksta
Joshua

Post by Chucksta »

Missed my point of this post, KJV vs other translations on Revelation 13:17, Dake says that there are 3 brands based off the KJV, read the dake bible NT page 307 4th column.

" And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, [or] the name of the beast, [or} the number of his name."

1) The Mark
2) The name of the Beast
3) The number of his name

* other translations on Rev 13:17, reads the mark IS the name of the beast and number of his name, and not 3 separate items as you see in the KJV bible...

luchnia
Shall Not He that Spared Not His Own Son Freely Give Us All Things?

Post by luchnia »

Chucksta wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:46 pm
Missed my point of this post, KJV vs other translations on Revelation 13:17, Dake says that there are 3 brands based off the KJV, read the dake bible NT page 307 4th column.

" And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, [or] the name of the beast, [or} the number of his name."

1) The Mark
2) The name of the Beast
3) The number of his name

* other translations on Rev 13:17, reads the mark IS the name of the beast and number of his name, and not 3 separate items as you see in the KJV bible...
What is the point? What are you asking? Are you looking on feedback on KJV vs other translations on this passage?

Word up!

macca
Tarry Until Ye Be Endued With Power From On High

Post by macca »

Great Post :angel: :angel: :angel:

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

Great Post. :angel:

I love this as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Os6OCbdG5Q

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

Thanks for that mate. :smilecolros:
Ironman wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:19 pm

I love this as well.

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

branham1965 wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:47 pm
Ironman wrote:

I love this as well.

I have more billy, wont hurt to post them here will it.

What does being created in God's image mean to us? (Finis J. Dake)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2W5UIYoYefg

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

I love these tapes of Rev.Dake on the PTL Club. :angel:
Ironman wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:49 pm
branham1965 wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:47 pm
Ironman wrote:

I love this as well.

I have more billy, wont hurt to post them here will it.

What does being created in God's image mean to us? (Finis J. Dake)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2W5UIYoYefg