Dake Bible Discussion BoardStephen Hawkins has died aged 76.

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
bibleman
Administrator

Re: Stephen Hawkins has died aged 76.

Post by bibleman » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:36 am

branham1965 wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:48 am
Did you read my posts???Did you get what he was saying???

If i understand it then i know you do.So what is so ???

GOD LITERALLY SPOKE TO BROTHER HAGIN AND HE FOLLOWED HIS LEADING.

GOD SPOKE TO REVERENDS :SUMRALL,WIIGLESWORTH,CARTER,BEALL,ANGLEY,BRANHAM,ROBERTS AND MANY OTHERS THE SAME WAY.

BECAUSE IT DOES NOT HAPPEN TO US DOES NOT MEAN IT DOES NOT EXIST.

I HEARD ADVENTIST DOUG BATCHELOR SAY PENTECOST STARTED BECAUSE WILLIAM SEYMOUR WAS BLACK AND FROM NEW ORLEANS AND TIED IT INTO WITCHCRAFT AND VOODOO. :neutral:

I THINK EGGHEAD JOHN MACARTHUR BLASPHEMES THAT WAY TOO. :neutral:

THEY DO NOT KNOW WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT.

bibleman wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:27 pm
branham1965 wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:20 pm
I believe in Divine Healing .But in some cases people are not healed.

This was a peculiar case and Dad Hagin is not here to give his side.

I think i was as clear as i could be about it.
I hear what you are saying but I just believe that healing is in the atonement and is available to everyone!
Hi Billy,

I have read your post. But just because some wonderful man of God that I love, says something does not make it sound Bible doctrine.

ALL statements of anyone must be compared to the Word of God for Judgment.

ONLY those things that align with the Word are to be accepted as doctrine.

AND in this case - I still believe the Bible - Healing is in the atonement and is available to every Christian who will believe and act on the Word.

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:40 am

scottae316 wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:55 am
Very simple, God is the judge not us. In the moments before passing, a lot can (and does) happen. None of us were present at the side of Hawkins when he died. Did he repent and believe in Jesus? We don’t know. The original purpose of the post was a question, speculation, wondering, and/or what if. No where did he or anyone else state they knew or thought Hawkins repented. So for those implying that it was more than that, they should reread the original post, let it speak for itself (btw it clearly does) and stop adding to it or instigating and discuss the point of the post, period.
You mentioned rereading the original post.... GREAT idea. We all could learn something here about staying on topic.

Ironman original said: "Stephen Hawkins has died. He once said, “What I meant by ‘we would know the mind of God’ is, we would know everything that God would know, if there were a God. Which there isn't. I'm an atheist." I wonder how he reacted when he met Jesus face to face?"

As to how Hawkins reacted, I really couldn't say, I would assume with great distress and fear, but of course I do not know.

BUT as to how Jesus acted I think we know without doubt.

Matthew 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

God bless
Leon Bible

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:03 am

My thought is that he suffered terribly in this life.

Confinement to a wheel chair,loss of his own voice etc.etc.

And i have empathy for him.

I can see how people like this lose faith!!!! Can't you guys??!!!

When people cannot be empathetic towards others they are sick in the head.And need a psychiatrist.

I do not care how religious they are.Some religious folks are sadistic.

I hope that Dr.Hawking is not burning in hell fire forever

after living a terrible miserable life on earth.

That's my feeling on this. :agrue:

bibleman wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:40 am
scottae316 wrote:
Very simple, God is the judge not us. In the moments before passing, a lot can (and does) happen. None of us were present at the side of Hawkins when he died. Did he repent and believe in Jesus? We don’t know. The original purpose of the post was a question, speculation, wondering, and/or what if. No where did he or anyone else state they knew or thought Hawkins repented. So for those implying that it was more than that, they should reread the original post, let it speak for itself (btw it clearly does) and stop adding to it or instigating and discuss the point of the post, period.
You mentioned rereading the original post.... GREAT idea. We all could learn something here about staying on topic.

Ironman original said: "Stephen Hawkins has died. He once said, “What I meant by ‘we would know the mind of God’ is, we would know everything that God would know, if there were a God. Which there isn't. I'm an atheist." I wonder how he reacted when he met Jesus face to face?"

As to how Hawkins reacted, I really couldn't say, I would assume with great distress and fear, but of course I do not know.

Matthew 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:22 am

branham1965 wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:03 am

When people cannot be empathetic towards others they are sick in the head.And need a psychiatrist.

bibleman wrote:
scottae316 wrote:

Well Billy, I too would hope that he did not go to Hell as well. BUt that hope is unfounded.

Think about it....

Many millions do NOT believe in God or in eternal judgment by a Holy God. Why? Because the so called SMARTEST man Steven Hawkins told them there is NO God.

Read this passage: Hebrews 10:30 For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people.
31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

Does that mean nothing to you??? and those who are trying to put Hawkins into Heaven after living a Godless and God-rejecting life and being a chief evangelist for doubting the Creator of the Universe - God Almighty!

Well I cannot join that choir as long as the Bible says what it says!

Matthew 7:19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

God bless
Leon Bible

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:40 am

Oh man.Oh man. I have been up for 2 days.I watched my neighbors labrador.

Dad Hagin was a Prophet.

Dad Hagin went to more than one great Preacher and warned them that if they do not change they would be judged.

In every case it happened as he said.

One man fell over dead in his pulpit.

He treated his brethren poorly.He refused to listen to Dad Hagin.

Two years before one of my favorite Preachers died ,Brother Hagin told Anna Scraeder and Gordon Lindsay that the man would be dead in less than two years.

It happened exactly as the word came to him.

At CFN in Dallas he told some preachers that JFK would not live out his office.It happened.

He was greatly burdened for a soul.He prayed on his face for the man.He refused to get saved.He drove across Texas to tell the man the Lord was warning him.the man refused.
He was on his face in his church and the Lord told him "Get up off your face.Don't you ever pray another prayer for that man." But why Dear Lord he is lost. The Lord said to him "Ephraim is joined to his idols ,leave him alone.Hosea 4:17."

:agrue:
bibleman wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:36 am
branham1965 wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:48 am
Did you read my posts???Did you get what he was saying???

If i understand it then i know you do.So what is so ???

GOD LITERALLY SPOKE TO BROTHER HAGIN AND HE FOLLOWED HIS LEADING.

GOD SPOKE TO REVERENDS :SUMRALL,WIIGLESWORTH,CARTER,BEALL,ANGLEY,BRANHAM,ROBERTS AND MANY OTHERS THE SAME WAY.

BECAUSE IT DOES NOT HAPPEN TO US DOES NOT MEAN IT DOES NOT EXIST.

I HEARD ADVENTIST DOUG BATCHELOR SAY PENTECOST STARTED BECAUSE WILLIAM SEYMOUR WAS BLACK AND FROM NEW ORLEANS AND TIED IT INTO WITCHCRAFT AND VOODOO. :neutral:

I THINK EGGHEAD JOHN MACARTHUR BLASPHEMES THAT WAY TOO. :neutral:

THEY DO NOT KNOW WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT.

bibleman wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:27 pm
branham1965 wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:20 pm
I believe in Divine Healing .But in some cases people are not healed.

This was a peculiar case and Dad Hagin is not here to give his side.

I think i was as clear as i could be about it.
I hear what you are saying but I just believe that healing is in the atonement and is available to everyone!
Hi Billy,

I have read your post. But just because some wonderful man of God that I love, says something does not make it sound Bible doctrine.

ALL statements of anyone must be compared to the Word of God for Judgment.

ONLY those things that align with the Word are to be accepted as doctrine.

AND in this case - I still believe the Bible - Healing is in the atonement and is available to every Christian who will believe and act on the Word.
Last edited by branham1965 on Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:10 am, edited 3 times in total.

Grandfather
Know His Name and He Shall Set Thee Up On High

Post by Grandfather » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:41 am

bibleman wrote:
scottae316 wrote:

I might add we take a little more thought in what we read. Indeed Hawkins did say at one time "I'm an atheist".... but aren't we all glad that God does not judge us based on what we may have said, "at one time"? We were all sinners apart from God "at one time", we all did things "at one time" that would have meant an eternity apart from God. It matters little what we did "at one time" but what our position was at THE TIME of our passing. And, NO ONE HERE, knows Hawkins position at that "one time".

As for me, I want to mirror the desire of my Father, I want all men to be saved. I don't want or desire to send anyone to hell. I also don't want me, or others, to wait, to speculate, to conjure, to guess, to hope, to wish for that to happen. I want them to know with certainty, to have assurance, to be properly prepared, to be ready. I don't know if Mr. Hawkins was, neither does anyone else. What I do know is that he had all the necessary information. I do know that there was nothing that prevented him in his last moments from repenting of his statement he made at that one time. Did he repent? Ah.... that is the question no one here knows the answer to. What surprises me is how quickly and eagerly some want to send him to Hell.

ONE LAST comment.... WE DO NOT KNOW how Jesus acted! If there was not repentance He acted as Bibleman said, however if there was repentance Jesus said "Welcome into your rest" The reaction of Jesus depends on the decision of Hawkins, and as even Bibleman stated, we don't know what he did in those last moments.
Last edited by Grandfather on Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:44 am

So you do not believe in death bed conversions???

Is it possible a person might be saved at the very end of their lives???
bibleman wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:22 am
branham1965 wrote:

bibleman wrote:
scottae316 wrote:

Well Billy, I too would hope that he did not go to Hell as well. BUt that hope is unfounded.

Think about it....

Many millions do NOT believe in God or in eternal judgment by a Holy God. Why? Because the so called SMARTEST man Steven Hawkins told them there is NO God.

Read this passage: Hebrews 10:30 For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people.

Does that mean nothing to you??? and those who are trying to put Hawkins into Heaven after living a Godless and God-rejecting life and being a chief evangelist for doubting the Creator of the Universe - God Almighty!

Matthew 7:19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:45 am

RIGHT ON GRANDPA you said it far better than i could. :angel: :angel:

Grandfather wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:41 am
bibleman wrote:
scottae316 wrote:

I might add we take a little more thought in what we read. Indeed Hawkins did say at one time "I'm an atheist".... but aren't we all glad that God does not judge us based on what we may have said, "at one time"? We were all sinners apart from God "at one time", we all did things "at one time" that would have meant an eternity apart from God. It matters little what we did "at one time" but what our position was at THE TIME of our passing. And, NO ONE HERE, knows Hawkins position at that "one time".

As for me, I want to mirror the desire of my Father, I want all men to be saved. I don't want or desire to send anyone to hell. I also don't want me, or others, to wait, to speculate, to conjure, to guess, to hope, to wish for that to happen. I want them to know with certainty, to have assurance, to be properly prepared, to be ready. I don't know if Mr. Hawkins was, neither does anyone else. What I do know is that he had all the necessary information. I do know that there was nothing that prevented him in his last moments from repenting of his statement he made at that one time. Did he repent? Ah.... that is the question no one here knows the answer to. What surprises me is how quickly and eagerly some want to send him to Hell.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:51 am

I understand what you are saying Reverend Bible.It scares the living sheol-hades out of me.

I am just thinking out loud.Sighs.
bibleman wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:22 am
branham1965 wrote:

bibleman wrote:
scottae316 wrote:

Think about it....

branham1965

Post by branham1965 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:05 am

Wow.That is a beautiful testimony.Thank you Haz. :angel: :angel:
Ironman wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:50 pm
My father in law, not religious in any way, aged 55 was on deaths door after several serious heart attacks, his brothers, sister and father all died of heart attacks at a young age, Dr's said half of his heart muscle was dead, they expected him to die any moment, and he was healed. My wife and I after hearing the grave news prayed together in tears for God to please heal my wife's dad.

He turnes 90 years of age next month. Praise God for ever more.