Dake Bible Discussion BoardStephen Hawkins has died aged 76.

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Ironman
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: Stephen Hawkins has died aged 76.

Post by Ironman » Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:59 pm

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:50 pm
Is private conversion possible after living publicly against God? He denied God before men and folks here expect him to be confessed before God?

What of finding a place of repentance? In some cases, it is not possible. Would not public denial require public confession?
Now I'm not saying Hawkins is in Heaven, but I do believe public confession for public denial is not necessary. Peter for example denied Christ three times publicly and yet, I believe when he realised what he had done he "WENT OUT" and wept bitterly.

Matt. 26:75, And Peter remembered the word of Jesus, which said unto him, Before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice. And he went out, and wept bitterly.

Luke 22:62, And Peter went out, and wept bitterly.

There is no mention of Peter weeping publicly that I can see in these Scriptures.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Spiritblade Disciple
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:01 pm

The rest of Peter's life was spent living publicly for Christ.

He clearly repented.

Had he only sought his place of repentance through tears, he would have been no better off than Esau.

Thou through Thy commandments hast made me wiser than mine enemies: for they are ever with me. I have more understanding than all my teachers: for Thy testimonies are my meditation. I understand more than the ancients, because I keep Thy precepts.
Psalms 119:98‭-‬100 King James Version

Ironman

Post by Ironman » Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:13 pm

Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:01 pm

He clearly repented.

Had he only sought his place of repentance through tears, he would have been no better off than Esau.
Yes he lived the rest of his life publicly for Christ, but the Scriptures do not say he repented publicly. Show me one scripture which teaches Peter wept bitterly publicly, and I will believe it.

Scripture says "He went out," Out from where? Out from among the people he was with when he denied Christ three times.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Spiritblade Disciple

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:15 pm

Ironman wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:13 pm

He clearly repented.

Yes he lived the rest of his life publicly for Christ, but the Scriptures do not say he repented publicly. Show me one scripture which teaches Peter wept bitterly publicly, and I will believe it.

Scripture says "He went out," Out from where? Out from among the people he was with when he denied Christ three times.
Weeping is not repenting. Therefore, weeping publicly is not required.

Repenting of denying Him is to confess Him as who He really is. This is what Peter did. And, he did it publicly.

Thou through Thy commandments hast made me wiser than mine enemies: for they are ever with me. I have more understanding than all my teachers: for Thy testimonies are my meditation. I understand more than the ancients, because I keep Thy precepts.

Ironman

Post by Ironman » Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:20 pm

Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:15 pm
Ironman wrote:

He clearly repented.

Repenting of denying Him is to confess Him as who He really is. This is what Peter did. And, he did it publicly.
You have to win every debate don't you. God knew he repented the moment he realised what he had done and went out and wept bitterly. He never had to repent the rest of his life now did he.

Spiritblade Disciple

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:38 pm

Ironman wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:20 pm
Ironman wrote:

He clearly repented.

You have to win every debate don't you. God knew he repented the moment he realised what he had done and went out and wept bitterly. He never had to repent the rest of his life now did he.
Repenting is not realizing what one has done and crying about it. It's changing future actions accordingly. Where no such change of actions is possible, no repentance is possible. See Esau's plight concerning his inability to find a place of repentance.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:47 pm

Where did the thief on the cross went when he died ???

Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:38 pm
Ironman wrote:
Ironman wrote:

He clearly repented.

Repenting is not realizing what one has done and crying about it. It's changing future actions accordingly. Where no such change of actions is possible, no repentance is possible. See Esau's plight concerning his inability to find a place of repentance.

Spiritblade Disciple

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:51 pm

branham1965 wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:47 pm
Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:38 pm
Ironman wrote:
Ironman wrote:

He clearly repented.

Paradise.

(And, his repentance was public.)

Ironman

Post by Ironman » Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:53 pm

branham1965 wrote:
:angel: He certainly never had time to live a changed life, as SPD seems to suggest.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:55 pm

Right on Haz. :angel: :angel:
Ironman wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:53 pm
branham1965 wrote:
:angel: He certainly never had time to live a changed life, as SPD seems to suggest.