Dake Bible Discussion BoardStephen Hawkins has died aged 76.

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: Stephen Hawkins has died aged 76.

Post by branham1965 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:04 pm

I agree with you Haz. :angel: :angel:
Last edited by branham1965 on Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:20 pm

I heard a Word Of Faith preacher on television say that Adolf Hitler may be in heaven.

My thought is God Almighty is the one true Judge ,the Jury and the Executioner.

bibleman wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:56 pm
branham1965 wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:10 pm
I am not getting on you gentlemen Bibleman and Ironman about this.

Please know that.

This is merely my viewpoint.
No problem...

BUT if a professed atheist who says there is no God still goes to Heaven then what good is salvation?

Ironman

Post by Ironman » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:45 pm

Billy, you said, I heard a Word Of Faith preacher on television say that Adolf Hitler may be in heaven.

I personally would doubt that. He tried to wipe out the Jewish race.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

branham1965

Post by branham1965 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:14 pm

I agree.

I thought the preacher was nuts or on drugs.
Ironman wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:45 pm
Billy, you said, I heard a Word Of Faith preacher on television say that Adolf Hitler may be in heaven.

I personally would doubt that. He tried to wipe out the Jewish race.

luchnia
He that Believeth on Me, as the Scripture hath Said, Out of His Belly Shall Flow Rivers of Living Water

Post by luchnia » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:27 am

I know Hawkins spoke through that machine. I wonder if Hawkins had any last words, or did he know his fate was near? We will probably never know these things, yet it would be interesting to know the events that shortly preceded his death. Often when man finds death's door, their last words can be rather amazing.

Word up!

Grandfather
Know His Name and He Shall Set Thee Up On High

Post by Grandfather » Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:17 pm

None of us know for certain where Hawkins eternal fate is resting! We may speculate based on evidence of his life as we knew it, however there is a point between this life and the next where decisions can be still be made. Ask people that have been through an accident, they will tell you that seconds seems like years, that they can cry out to God, confess sins, ask for forgiveness in less time than it takes to read this sentence, It is truly a moment that your life flashes before your eyes, not in a blur but in great detail. It's happened to me, and others, perhaps even to some of you here.

As much Gospel as Hawkins had heard, I hope and pray that in those fleeting moments he realized the error of his ways and repented. I don't know for certain if he did or didn't, nor does anyone here. Only our Lord knows that. However, I do know that people can settle that issue NOW and not let it rest on those fleeting moments.

Spiritblade Disciple

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:41 pm

Reminds me of Kenneth Hagin's testimony of being saved between the time of physical death, but before entering the gates of Hell.
:angel:

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman » Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:40 pm

Grandfather wrote:
Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:17 pm
None of us know for certain where Hawkins eternal fate is resting! We may speculate based on evidence of his life as we knew it, however there is a point between this life and the next where decisions can be still be made. Ask people that have been through an accident, they will tell you that seconds seems like years, that they can cry out to God, confess sins, ask for forgiveness in less time than it takes to read this sentence, It is truly a moment that your life flashes before your eyes, not in a blur but in great detail. It's happened to me, and others, perhaps even to some of you here.

As much Gospel as Hawkins had heard, I hope and pray that in those fleeting moments he realized the error of his ways and repented. I don't know for certain if he did or didn't, nor does anyone here. Only our Lord knows that. However, I do know that people can settle that issue NOW and not let it rest on those fleeting moments.
Dake would disagree with you.
After death the judgment, not a second chance to live on earth and be saved. Death ends all probation for the one who dies. If he is righteous at death, his soul and spirit go to heaven awaiting the resurrection of the body (2Cor. 5:8; Php. 1:21-24; Heb. 12:23; Rev. 6:9-11). If he is wicked at death his soul and spirit go to hell to await the resurrection of his body (Lk. 16:19-31; Isa. 14:9; Rev. 20:11-15). There is no such thing as purgatory or a second chance to be on probation in the Millennium or any other time. Neither is there a reincarnation or a transmigration from body to body.

Finis Jennings Dake, Dake's Annotated Reference Bible: Containing the Old and New Testaments of the Authorized or King James Version Text, (Lawrenceville, GA: Dake Bible Sales, Inc., 1997), WORDsearch CROSS e-book, Under: "Chapter 9".

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

branham1965

Post by branham1965 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:57 pm

MANY MEN AND WOMEN HAVE BEEN SAVED ON THE BATTLEFIELD.

OR IN THE HOSPITAL DYING.

BUT WHEN ONE DOES NOT BELIEVE IN SALVATION BY GRACE THROUGH FAITH THEY WOULD CONSIDER THIS IMPOSSIBLE.

DAD HAGIN LEFT PEOPLE ON THEIR DEATHBEDS BECAUSE THE LORD TOLD HIM THEY ARE RIGHT AND READY TO COME HOME.

ABOUT ONE MAN THE LORD TOLD HIM
"I WAITED 36 YEARS ON THIS MAN TO JUDGE HIMSELF AND PUT AWAY SIN.HE NEVER LIVED RIGHT FOR MORE THAN 2 WEEKS AT A TIME.

I JUDGED HIM DELIVERED HIM TO SATAN FOR THE DESTRUCTION OF THE FLESH THAT HIS SPIRIT WOULD BE SAVED IN THE DAY OF THE LORD JESUS."

DAD HAGIN WEPT AT THE GRACE OF GOD.
bibleman wrote:
Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:40 pm
Grandfather wrote:
Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:17 pm

Dake would disagree with you.
After death the judgment, not a second chance to live on earth and be saved. Death ends all probation for the one who dies. If he is righteous at death, his soul and spirit go to heaven awaiting the resurrection of the body (2Cor. 5:8; Php. 1:21-24; Heb. 12:23; Rev. 6:9-11). If he is wicked at death his soul and spirit go to hell to await the resurrection of his body (Lk. 16:19-31; Isa. 14:9; Rev. 20:11-15). There is no such thing as purgatory or a second chance to be on probation in the Millennium or any other time. Neither is there a reincarnation or a transmigration from body to body.

Finis Jennings Dake, Dake's Annotated Reference Bible: Containing the Old and New Testaments of the Authorized or King James Version Text, (Lawrenceville, GA: Dake Bible Sales, Inc., 1997), WORDsearch CROSS e-book, Under: "Chapter 9".

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:57 pm

BIlly

Above you said: "I JUDGED HIM DELIVERED HIM TO SATAN FOR THE DESTRUCTION OF THE FLESH THAT HIS SPIRIT WOULD BE SAVED IN THE DAY OF THE LORD JESUS."

So what is about having your flesh destroyed that saves you?

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note