Dake Bible Discussion BoardStephen Hawkins has died aged 76.

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Ironman
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Stephen Hawkins has died aged 76.

Post by Ironman » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:19 pm

Stephen Hawkins has died.

He once said, “What I meant by ‘we would know the mind of God’ is, we would know everything that God would know, if there were a God. Which there isn't. I'm an atheist."

I wonder how he reacted when he met Jesus face to face?

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

bibleman
Administrator

Re: Stephen Hawkins has died aged 76.

Post by bibleman » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:29 pm

Ironman wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:19 pm
Stephen Hawkins has died.

He once said, “What I meant by ‘we would know the mind of God’ is, we would know everything that God would know, if there were a God. Which there isn't. I'm an atheist."

I wonder how he reacted when he met Jesus face to face?
Sadly I think he has just found out how big of a fool he really is!

But it is too late.

Psalms 14:1 "The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God...."

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

Ironman
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by Ironman » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:50 pm

He probably thought in his own heart that he was too smart to believe in God which he had never seen. I wonder if he ever took the time to read God's Word?
He would have come across these simple Scriptures.

John 20:29, Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

Matthew 11:25, At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.

Stephen, and the world in general believed he was very wise.

STEPHEN Hawking won accolades from his peers for having one of the most brilliant minds in science, but he never got a Nobel prize because no one has yet proven his ideas.
The Nobel committee looks for proof, not big ideas.
Hawking was a deep thinker — a theorist — and his musings about black holes and cosmology have yet to get the lockdown evidence that accompanies the physics prizes, his fellow scientists said.
“The Nobel prize is not given to the smartest person or even the one who makes the greatest contribution to science. It’s given to discovery,” said California Institute of Technology physicist Sean Carroll.
“Hawking’s best theories have not yet been tested experimentally, which is why he hasn’t won a prize.”
Hawking has often been compared to Albert Einstein, who was a Nobel laureate. But Einstein’s Nobel wasn’t for his famed theory of general relativity. It was for describing the photoelectric effect, only after it was verified by Robert Millikan, said Harvard astronomer Avi Loeb.
The theory behind gravitational waves — suggested by Einstein — didn’t win science’s highest honour until there were direct observations of the faint ripples in space and time. And Peter Higgs’ theory postulating the so-called “God particle” named the Higgs boson didn’t win its Nobel until the actual particle was discovered by a massive European particle collider.
“In all cases, there was an experiment-verified prediction,” Loeb said.

Much of Stephen Hawking’s work was instrumental in our, still limited, understanding of black holes.Source:Mega
Hawking’s greatest contribution — that not everything is sucked into a black hole but some radiation known as “Hawking radiation” escapes — could be proven if astronomers find the right-sized black holes.
Smaller black holes — those with the mass of an asteroid — likely would produce more Hawking radiation than larger ones, Loeb said.
“People have searched for mini black holes of this mass, but have so far not found any,” Hawking said in a 2016 lecture. “This is a pity because if they had I would have got a Nobel prize.”
Hawking lost another chance when an experiment at first seemed to find waves from inflation in the early universe that would also have confirmed Hawking radiation. But the observation didn’t quite hold up, Loeb said.

Perhaps Hawking’s greatest contribution is that not everything is sucked into a black hole but some radiation known as “Hawking radiation” escapes.Source:AFP
NASA astronomer and Nobel laureate John Mather said he doubted it would have changed Hawking’s life. Anyway, he said, “everyone loves Stephen’s work.”
A spokesman for Sweden’s Royal Academy of Sciences that hands out the physics Nobel said Hawking “was a great scientist who made considerable contributions to science.”
Spokesman Goran Hansson said the death of 76-year-old Hawking Wednesday “is a loss for the world of science.” He declined to comment on whether Hawking should have been awarded the prestigious prize, in line with the Nobel policy.
Loeb said Hawking shows prizes may not be so important.
“I think his life journey shows there is much more than the Nobel prize,” he said.

http://www.news.com.au/technology/scien ... 2d3e747dbf

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

branham1965

Post by branham1965 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:48 pm

I remember when Larry King interviewed Rev.Jim Bakker.

He asked him about the eternal fate of Holocaust victims murdered by the Nazi's.

If i recall he said he did not believe they went to hell.

Many fundamentalists were upset by his comments.

I never liked it when people consigned others whom they disagree with to eternal hellfire.

I believe there is a heaven to gain and a hell to shun.

But i think that only God can determine peoples eternal destinies.

I suppose i am an oddball. But that is my thought. :agrue:

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:47 pm

branham1965 wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:48 pm

He asked him about the eternal fate of Holocaust victims murdered by the Nazi's.

I never liked it when people consigned others whom they disagree with to eternal hellfire.

Are you saying that you believe that Stephen Hawkins, an atheists, went to Heaven?

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

Ironman

Post by Ironman » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:17 pm

The last minute repentant thief went to paradise with Jesus then Heaven. How does anyone here on earth know Hawkins never repented during the last days or minutes of his life?? We know he publicly said he was an atheist but what we don't know is did he or did he not repent just before he died. God sure gave him plenty of time to come o his senses. He was supposed to die at age 26 I' read somewhere and he lived to 76.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:42 pm

I think that God is the Judge.

This man suffered more than most of us could even imagine.

Empathy =
Webster says is the experiencing as ones own of the feelings of another.Also the capacity for this.

An example of no empathy :

When Reverend David Wilkerson's wife Gwen got cancer years in the 80's

He got letters from Christian knotheads and morons saying she was in sin or did not believe and other idiotic things.

He was not impressed.

The Apostle Paul under inspiration of the Holy Spirit wrote "For what have i to do with judging them that are without(the church)? Do not ye judge them that are within (the church)?

" But them that are without GOD JUDGETH " 1 Cor.5:12-13 ASV 1901

bibleman wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:47 pm
branham1965 wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:48 pm

Are you saying that you believe that Stephen Hawkins, an atheists, went to Heaven?
Last edited by branham1965 on Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:58 pm

That is my thought Haz.

Perhaps he made his peace with the Good Lord .

Years ago Rev. Dave Lombardi pastor of Trinity Gospel Temple Canton,

Ohio said he was once at a funeral and the preacher said the deceased was in hell or burning in hell.

He said that bothered him .He said no man has the right to say that.

And i agree with him.

Ironman wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:17 pm
The last minute repentant thief went to paradise with Jesus then Heaven. How does anyone here on earth know Hawkins never repented during the last days or minutes of his life?? We know he publicly said he was an atheist but what we don't know is did he or did he not repent just before he died. God sure gave him plenty of time to come o his senses. He was supposed to die at age 26 I' read somewhere and he lived to 76.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:10 pm

I am not getting on you gentlemen Bibleman and Ironman about this.

Please know that.

This is merely my viewpoint.

Ironman

Post by Ironman » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:34 pm

branham1965 wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:10 pm
I am not getting on you gentlemen Bibleman and Ironman about this.

Please know that.

This is merely my viewpoint.
I know billy. :angel: