Dake Bible Discussion BoardUK retailer offers gender-neutral ‘Happy You Day’ cards for Mother’s Day

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

UK retailer offers gender-neutral ‘Happy You Day’ cards for Mother’s Day

Post by Ironman »

Where do they get these ideas from? The Devil, that's who.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
UK retailer offers gender-neutral ‘Happy You Day’ cards for Mother’s Day
4 hours ago.

Waitrose supermarket in the United Kingdom didn’t want anyone to be left out this Mother’s Day, so it added a “Happy You Day” card to its lineup, The Times reported.

The company told The Times that its gender-neutral card, which leaves out the word “mother” was an attempt at “broadening out who the cards can go to, whether it’s grandmas or transgender mums.”

Mother’s Day, or Mothering Sunday, the church’s traditional name in the U.K., was Sunday.
Other U.K. retailers offered similar cards that catered to gay parents.

“Two mums are better than one” and “Dad, thanks for being the most amazing mum” are among the cards offered at the card shop, Scribbler.

There is even a card for gay children to give their mother, "Mother, you made me gay. I'm not complaining, its fabulous," the card reads.
Some trans activists have called for Mother’s Day to be renamed. Among the suggested names are Guardian’s Day and Carer’s Day, according to The Times.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/2018/03/1 ... others-day

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

macca
Tarry Until Ye Be Endued With Power From On High

Re: UK retailer offers gender-neutral ‘Happy You Day’ cards for Mother’s Day

Post by macca »

Jesus is near, BE READY.

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

If people 100 years ago saw this they would not believe it.

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

branham1965 wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:19 pm
Homosexuality was a criminal offence 42 years ago in Australia. And still is in God's eyes.

September 17, 1975
South Australia is the first state to decriminalise male homosexuality under reformist premier Don Dunstan and attorney-general Peter Duncan.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

I did not know those particulars about Australia.

My point was and is if people 100 years ago came out of their graves they would not believe this.
My Grandpa would not believe it .He passed away in 1980.He fought in WW2 and was a decorated 6th Battalion Army Ranger.

He would not believe it.

Ironman wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:23 pm
branham1965 wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:19 pm
Homosexuality was a criminal offence 42 years ago in Australia. And still is in God's eyes.

September 17, 1975
South Australia is the first state to decriminalise male homosexuality under reformist premier Don Dunstan and attorney-general Peter Duncan.

Ironman

Post by Ironman »

macca wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:19 am
Jesus is near, BE READY.
I agree, wont be long.

Gosford NSW, Australia.

Church forced to remove the word 'Jesus' from its Easter advertising as the word is considered to be OFFENSIVE to non-Christians
A church has been forced to remove the word 'Jesus' from its Easter signs
Elim Church on the NSW central coast paid for digital signs ahead of festival
They were told by a shopping centre manager the word 'Jesus' was offensive
By Ben Hill and Stephen Johnson For Daily Mail Australia
Published: 18:22 AEDT, 15 March 2018 | Updated: 01:23 AEDT, 16 March 2018

A church has been forced to remove the word 'Jesus' from its signs ahead of Easter because it has been causing offence.
Elim Church on the Central Coast in New South Wales paid for digital signs to be displayed at Erina Fair shopping centre reading 'the greatness of His Power'.
Pastor Martin Duffy told 2GB radio that shopping centre manager Lendlease objected to the signs and forced them to be changed to read 'Risen Christ' instead of 'Jesus'.
Scroll down for video

Elim Church on New South Wales' Central Coast paid for digital signs to be displayed at Erina Fair shopping centre reading 'the greatness of His Power'

Pastor Martin Duffy (left) told 2GB radio that shopping centre manager Lendlease objected to the signs and forced them to be changed from 'Jesus' to 'Risen Christ'
'The phrase 'Jesus is alive'... is the core message of the Christian faith and what Easter's really all about,' he said.
'It's a good message. I think there's a minority group out there that are constantly distorting the message of Jesus Christ. It's just going on and on.'
Elim Church is a West Gosford evangelical church located north of Sydney.

Pastor Duffy claimed Lendlease requested to withdraw the word 'Jesus' from the sign as it may have offended shoppers and non-Christians.
The sign was an advertisement for a free community event being held on the waterfront at Gosford.
'The greatness of His Power - Jesus is Alive!' the sign read.
Pastor Duffy said Lendlease has since changed their mind and allowed the word 'Jesus' to be included in the sign.

Pastor Duffy claimed the request to withdraw the word 'Jesus' from the sign as it may have offended shoppers (Elim Church on the Central Coast pictured)
Church forced to remove 'Jesus is alive' sign for Easter service

He said Lendlease said the word 'Jesus' has yet to be added to the sign but he is hopeful it will be returned eventually.
In a statement, a Lendlease spokeswoman said they regretted asking for the sign to be amended.
'It was an error of judgment to ask Elim Church to change its messaging, and we apologise unreservedly.
'Lendlease values diversity and inclusion, and we welcome people of all backgrounds at our shopping centres.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... nsive.html