Dake Bible Discussion BoardChristians who should know better

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
bibleman
Administrator

Christians who should know better

Post by bibleman »

Troy Edwards posted this on the Dake Facebook page.
Satan brings about the actual happenings of accidents, sickness, disease, and calamity, then causes men to think that God brings these things to pass. Thus, He is blamed erroneously for the work of the devil by millions, even Christians who should know better. Finis Jennings Dake, Dake's Annotated Reference Bible: Job 1:11 note.
How true this is today for sure.

The world blaming God for what the devil does can be expected BUT for Christians who do this as so many do is without excuse.

The need of the "Pastor-Teacher" in the Church today is greater than ever.

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: Christians who should know better

Post by branham1965 »

:morning:

I can understand WHY people blame God for all those things.

People are human beings.They respond to horror and anguish emotionally.Some never read a Bible.

Can you imagine laying that above (by the 2 Preachers)on a Holocaust survivor who lost their entire family??

How about some young parents whose child who is dying from brain cancer???

How about real people who had their real lives ruined in real abusive churches and real religious systems of all kinds????

It really happens.

Or disaster victims and survivors who lost loved ones i can understand it.

2 Cops here were gunned down by a madman on a roof.

Or families of children shot to death in school.

Or how to console the families of the airliner that crashed into the ocean killing all aboard.

Or how to console the loved ones of a person who killed themselves.

Or the families of martyrs who were killed for Jesus Christ.

What i cannot understand is the ruthless and in many cases mean Christians

which pontificate from their ivory towers

to real people who are devastated and despondent

over the real horrors of this life.

People without empathy are the people

i cannot understand.

bibleman wrote:Troy Edwards posted this on the Dake Facebook page.
Satan brings about the actual happenings of accidents, sickness, disease, and calamity, then causes men to think that God brings these things to pass. Thus, He is blamed erroneously for the work of the devil by millions, even Christians who should know better. Finis Jennings Dake, Dake's Annotated Reference Bible: Job 1:11 note.

The world blaming God for what the devil does can be expected BUT for Christians who do this as so many do is without excuse.

macca
Tarry Until Ye Be Endued With Power From On High

Post by macca »

Billy when you stated " People without empathy I cannot understand" That is it in a nutshell.

Every where Jesus went and taught, preached and healed it states that He had compassion/mercy on the people..

A major block in Jesus's ministry was the peoples lack of faith that what Jesus said,,,,stopped the Power of God flowing from Jesus,So it will be the same today with us. If the people will not receive what we teach and preach they will receive nothing from God.....Its the Word Of God that has all the power of God on this earth and it is received by faith.

It should be the natural reaction for His followers to be the same.......I believe we/I stumble over the fact that I /we
do not display the answers to people in crises that Jesus showed and that scares us from doing the works of Jesus.

I could be wrong but that is how I feel.
macca

luchnia
Shall Not He that Spared Not His Own Son Freely Give Us All Things?

Post by luchnia »

bibleman wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:17 am
Troy Edwards posted this on the Dake Facebook page.

I do agree that the vast majority blame God for everything that occurs depending on how it effects them. Most of the time, if it is sickness, poverty, and great calamity, it is God's fault. At least that is what their words reflect.

Another thing that boggles one's understanding is how one person will escape tragedy and thank God they were spared, but somehow God did not spare the rest of the people. One should really weigh that statement out. Somehow God failed to save the other people.

The only thing in satan bringing about that I would deviate from is actual happenings of accidents. This does depend on how one defines an accident. If I walk out my house and stub my toe, or I am driving nails and hit my finger, because I am clumsy or not paying attention, would that be satanic cause, or simply my lack of mind at the time?

I can think of hundreds of things that I could not blame God or satan for. I think some discernment must occur in this area. It would be hard for me to blame God or satan for something like stubbing my toe, but I don't disagree that the majority blame God for everything bad that happens.

Word up!

luchnia
Shall Not He that Spared Not His Own Son Freely Give Us All Things?

Post by luchnia »

macca wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:10 am
Billy when you stated " People without empathy I cannot understand" That is it in a nutshell.

Every where Jesus went and taught, preached and healed it states that He had compassion/mercy on the people..

A major block in Jesus's ministry was the peoples lack of faith that what Jesus said,,,,stopped the Power of God flowing from Jesus,So it will be the same today with us. If the people will not receive what we teach and preach they will receive nothing from God.....Its the Word Of God that has all the power of God on this earth and it is received by faith.

It should be the natural reaction for His followers to be the same.......I believe we/I stumble over the fact that I /we
do not display the answers to people in crises that Jesus showed and that scares us from doing the works of Jesus.

I could be wrong but that is how I feel.
macca
You know amazingly when you try to discuss someones lack of faith, they put up some serious walls even to the point of contention! I find that is one of the most sensitive subjects to discuss in all of Scripture. They might call you self-righteous, or who knows what. People do not accept lack of faith as their problem and they refuse to accept Scripture on the matter.

They use all sorts of excuses such as it was not God's will, or not His timing, but never will you hear the words, "it was my lack of faith." In over forty years I have not figured out how that message can be delivered to people with results and I think Jesus knew this very thing as His results where faith was lacking is shown in God's word. I have told people that God already gave them authority, use it. At most, you will get a raised eyebrow from people.

I have had my own faith battles over the years and each and every time, I knew it was because my level of faith was not at the point to take care of the issue at hand. It was not God's problem, nor will I blame Him for it. He has already provided what I needed. I just needed the level of faith to speak it and to walk it out.

Jesus came right out and said it boldly to people and let them roam about in the quagmire of doubt and fear. If they chose not to believe that was on them.

Word up!