Dake Bible Discussion BoardSHUNNING ,MIND GAMES AND RELIGION

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Post Reply
User avatar
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 5593
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:18 am

SHUNNING ,MIND GAMES AND RELIGION

Post by branham1965 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:53 pm

In some religious groups shunning is a tactic used for punishing stray ones .

They did that in the Church of Christ .

Some of the Amish do it.

Jehovah's Witnesses are known by some for this practice.

But i maintain most in Christendom shun other people.

And i believe a lot of it is done in malice.

Though the shunning person will never admit it is.

These are the kind that never admit they are wrong.

Are YOU a shunner?????? +Castaway +letmeout +pow +powribbon



User avatar
Ironman
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 2800
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:29 pm
Location: Australia

Re: SHUNNING ,MIND GAMES AND RELIGION

Post by Ironman » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:11 pm

branham1965 wrote:In some religious groups shunning is a tactic used for punishing stray ones .

They did that in the Church of Christ .

Some of the Amish do it.

Jehovah's Witnesses are known by some for this practice.

But i maintain most in Christendom shun other people.

And i believe a lot of it is done in malice.

Though the shunning person will never admit it is.

These are the kind that never admit they are wrong.

Are YOU a shunner?????? +Castaway +letmeout +pow +powribbon
No, I'm not a shunner, but I do avoide criminals, thieves and wife beaters, and I know quite a few.


Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

User avatar
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 5593
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:18 am

Re: SHUNNING ,MIND GAMES AND RELIGION

Post by branham1965 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:18 pm

I hear you Haz. :angel:



Ironman wrote:
branham1965 wrote:In some religious groups shunning is a tactic used for punishing stray ones .

They did that in the Church of Christ .

Some of the Amish do it.

Jehovah's Witnesses are known by some for this practice.

But i maintain most in Christendom shun other people.

And i believe a lot of it is done in malice.

Though the shunning person will never admit it is.

These are the kind that never admit they are wrong.

Are YOU a shunner?????? +Castaway +letmeout +pow +powribbon
No, I'm not a shunner, but I do avoide criminals, thieves and wife beaters, and I know quite a few.



User avatar
macca
Dake VIP Member
Dake VIP Member
Posts: 1192
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2004 4:37 am
Location: australia

Re: SHUNNING ,MIND GAMES AND RELIGION

Post by macca » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:43 am

This sort of thing started early, Mark. 9:38-41;
Now John answered Him, saying, "Teacher, we saw someone who does not follow us casting out demons in Your name, and we forbid him because he does not follow us.
But Jesus said, Do not forbid him, for no one who works a miracle in my name can soon afterwards speak evil of Me.
For he who is not against us is on our side.
For whoever gives you a cup of water to drink in My name, because you belong to Christ, assuredly, I say to you, he will by no means lose his reward.

The only time I can find in the NT where we are to shun a fellow christian is found in 1 cor chapter 5: which see.


For ALL the promises of God in Him are YES, and in Him AMEN, unto the glory of God by us.

User avatar
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 5593
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:18 am

Re: SHUNNING ,MIND GAMES AND RELIGION

Post by branham1965 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:13 am

Thank you for that macca.
I do not know how i missed it.
:angel: :angel:
macca wrote:This sort of thing started early, Mark. 9:38-41;
Now John answered Him, saying, "Teacher, we saw someone who does not follow us casting out demons in Your name, and we forbid him because he does not follow us.
But Jesus said, Do not forbid him, for no one who works a miracle in my name can soon afterwards speak evil of Me.
For he who is not against us is on our side.
For whoever gives you a cup of water to drink in My name, because you belong to Christ, assuredly, I say to you, he will by no means lose his reward.

The only time I can find in the NT where we are to shun a fellow christian is found in 1 cor chapter 5: which see.



User avatar
luchnia
He that Believeth on Me, as the Scripture hath Said, Out of His Belly Shall Flow Rivers of Living Water
Posts: 729
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:01 am

Re: SHUNNING ,MIND GAMES AND RELIGION

Post by luchnia » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:49 am

In my POV, 1 Cor 5 is about turning a sinner (fornicator) over not a saint. Of course they can change, but the chapter deals with getting out leaven - the sinner. This falls right in line with our discussion on the Body of Christ, the Church, and how today that people allow this type of thing among them and try to maintain they are the Church.

Paul goes on to tell them that these folks will not inherit the kingdom of God.

1 Corinthians 6:9-11
9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.


Word up!

Post Reply