Dake Bible Discussion BoardDemons

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: Demons

Post by branham1965 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:42 pm

WE DO KNOW SIR

YOU DO NOT KNOW BECAUSE YOU REFUSE TO UNDERSTAND/BELIEVE THE BOOK!!!!

THE WORD SAYS JOHN DID NO SIGN!!!!! YOU DO NOT BELIEVE THE WORD!!!!!!

I NEED BOOK,CHAPTER AND VERSE SAYING JOHN THE BAPTIST PERFORMED SIGNS.

IF YOU HAVE NONE THEN CAN IT. YOU HAVE NO ARGUMENT.

NIV 1984 SAYS "THOUGH JOHN NEVER PERFORMED A MIRACULOUS SIGN ALL JOHN SAID ABOUT THIS MAN (JESUS) WAS TRUE."

FROM 1984 NIV STUDY BIBLE JOHN 10:40-42.

luchnia wrote:
branham1965 wrote:luchnia,

"Where the Bible speaks speak;where the Bible is silent be silent."

JOHN DID NO MIRACLE KJV JOHN NEVER PERFORMED A MIRACULOUS SIGN NIV1984 JOHN DID NO SIGN ESV JOHN INDEED DID NO SIGN ASV 1901 WHILE JOHN PERFORMED NO SIGN EVERYTHING JOHN SAID ABOUT THIS MAN WAS TRUE NASB 1971 EDITION.

THE BIBLE CLEARLY SAYS THE ABOVE .

THE BIBLE SAYS JOHN DID NO MIRACLE.

LET GOD BE TRUE AND EVERY MAN A LIAR.ROMANS 3:4

+dunk +ty +baseball

luchnia wrote:
branham1965 wrote:ROGER ,
JOHN THE BAPTIST WAS A MAN SENT FROM GOD JOHN 1:6.BUT THE BIBLE SAYS HE DID NO MIRACLE.
Not sure where you got this info from, but the bible does not state anywhere that John did not do any miracles. You may be making an assumption based on the text in Jn 10:41.

Notice carefully what the verses in John 10:40-42 states:
40 And (Jesus) went away again beyond Jordan into the place where John at first baptized; and there he abode.
41 And many resorted unto him, and said, John did no miracle: but all things that John spake of this man were true.
42 And many believed on him there.

The "many" that resorted Jesus said John did no miracle. We don't know who the "many" were. They did not even acknowledge Jesus by name. They acknowledge Jesus as "this man." What they said does not mean John did not do miracles. It is simply a statement they made without giving substantiation. Jesus did not affirm, nor deny their claim.

Remember John came in the spirit and power of Elijah so he may have done many miracles. We simple do not know without biblical record. The Spirit and Power of Elijah is mighty
I am guessing you did not understand my post that shows the scriptures. The bible does not say one way or the other of what miracles John did. Some people said John did no miracle.

We don't know whether he did or did not, so I dare not make a statement that he did no miracles, or that he did miracles. If you think it doesn't mean what it says about the "many" saying what they did to Jesus then ok.

Ironman
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by Ironman » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:55 pm

Every one who knew John said;

41, And many resorted unto him, and said, John did no miracle: but all things that John spake of this man were true.
42, And many believed on him there. (John 10:41-42).

There is no record anywhere in the Bible of any miracles by John, but he did have the power to do some for he had Elijah's power (Luke 1:17).

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Spiritblade Disciple

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:35 pm

You make a great point, Haz...

Whether or not John did any miracles, he certainly would have had the power to do them as a man sent from God.

"Behold, He cometh with clouds; and EVERY EYE SHALL SEE HIM, and they also which pierced Him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of Him. Even so, Amen."
— Revelation 1:7 (King James Version)

Spiritblade Disciple

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:21 pm

branham1965 wrote:
luchnia wrote:
branham1965 wrote:luchnia,

"Where the Bible speaks speak;where the Bible is silent be silent."

JOHN DID NO MIRACLE KJV JOHN NEVER PERFORMED A MIRACULOUS SIGN NIV1984 JOHN DID NO SIGN ESV JOHN INDEED DID NO SIGN ASV 1901 WHILE JOHN PERFORMED NO SIGN EVERYTHING JOHN SAID ABOUT THIS MAN WAS TRUE NASB 1971 EDITION.

THE BIBLE CLEARLY SAYS THE ABOVE .

THE BIBLE SAYS JOHN DID NO MIRACLE.

LET GOD BE TRUE AND EVERY MAN A LIAR.ROMANS 3:4

+dunk +ty +baseball

luchnia wrote:
branham1965 wrote:ROGER ,
JOHN THE BAPTIST WAS A MAN SENT FROM GOD JOHN 1:6.BUT THE BIBLE SAYS HE DID NO MIRACLE.
Not sure where you got this info from, but the bible does not state anywhere that John did not do any miracles. You may be making an assumption based on the text in Jn 10:41.

Notice carefully what the verses in John 10:40-42 states:
40 And (Jesus) went away again beyond Jordan into the place where John at first baptized; and there he abode.
41 And many resorted unto him, and said, John did no miracle: but all things that John spake of this man were true.
42 And many believed on him there.

The "many" that resorted Jesus said John did no miracle. We don't know who the "many" were. They did not even acknowledge Jesus by name. They acknowledge Jesus as "this man." What they said does not mean John did not do miracles. It is simply a statement they made without giving substantiation. Jesus did not affirm, nor deny their claim.

Remember John came in the spirit and power of Elijah so he may have done many miracles. We simple do not know without biblical record. The Spirit and Power of Elijah is mighty
I am guessing you did not understand my post that shows the scriptures. The bible does not say one way or the other of what miracles John did. Some people said John did no miracle.

We don't know whether he did or did not, so I dare not make a statement that he did no miracles, or that he did miracles. If you think it doesn't mean what it says about the "many" saying what they did to Jesus then ok.
WE DO KNOW SIR

YOU DO NOT KNOW BECAUSE YOU REFUSE TO UNDERSTAND/BELIEVE THE BOOK!!!!

THE WORD SAYS JOHN DID NO SIGN!!!!! YOU DO NOT BELIEVE THE WORD!!!!!!

I NEED BOOK,CHAPTER AND VERSE SAYING JOHN THE BAPTIST PERFORMED SIGNS.

IF YOU HAVE NONE THEN CAN IT. YOU HAVE NO ARGUMENT.

NIV 1984 SAYS "THOUGH JOHN NEVER PERFORMED A MIRACULOUS SIGN ALL JOHN SAID ABOUT THIS MAN (JESUS) WAS TRUE."

FROM 1984 NIV STUDY BIBLE JOHN 10:40-42.
The NIV actually agrees with what Luchnia said.
  • John 10:40-42 New International Version (1984)
    • Then Jesus went back across the Jordan to the place where John had been baptizing in the early days. Here he stayed and many people came to him. They said, "Though John never performed a miraculous sign, all that John said about this man was true." And in that place many believed in Jesus.
It's true that they said John never performed a miraculous sign, regardless of whether or not he actually did.

"Behold, He cometh with clouds; and EVERY EYE SHALL SEE HIM, and they also which pierced Him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of Him. Even so, Amen."

Spiritblade Disciple

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:38 pm

branham1965 wrote:
Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
branham1965 wrote:JOHN THE BAPTIST WAS A MAN SENT FROM GOD JOHN 1:6.BUT THE BIBLE SAYS HE DID NO MIRACLE.
That does not mean that the Spirit was given by measure unto John.

Why didn't John do miracles? It wasn't because the Spirit was given by measure unto him.
THE HOLY SPIRIT WITHOUT MEASURE WAS GIVEN TO THE LORD JESUS CHRIST THE SON OF THE LIVING GOD. JOHN 3:34 KING JAMES VERSION.
The Holy Spirit was also given without measure to others that were sent by God.
  • John 20:21-23 King James Version
    • Then said Jesus to them again, "Peace be unto you: as My Father hath sent Me, even so send I you."

And when He had said this, He breathed on them, and saith unto them, "Receive ye the Holy Ghost: whose soever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them; and whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained."
The Apostles were sent with the same Holy Ghost without measure in the same way that Jesus was sent.
  • Matthew 28:16-20 King James Version
    • Then the eleven disciples went away into Galilee, into a mountain where Jesus had appointed them. And when they saw Him, they worshipped Him: but some doubted. And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, "All power is given unto Me in Heaven and in Earth. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen."
The Eleven were commanded to teach their disciples to observe all things which Jesus had commanded. This would be impossible if they could not empower and send their disciples in the same way that Jesus empowered and sent the Eleven.

Ironman

Post by Ironman » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:40 pm

branham1965 wrote:
branham1965 wrote:JOHN THE BAPTIST WAS A MAN SENT FROM GOD JOHN 1:6.BUT THE BIBLE SAYS HE DID NO MIRACLE.
That does not mean that the Spirit was given by measure unto John.

Why didn't John do miracles? It wasn't because the Spirit was given by measure unto him.
THE HOLY SPIRIT WITHOUT MEASURE WAS GIVEN TO THE LORD JESUS CHRIST THE SON OF THE LIVING GOD. JOHN 3:34 KING JAMES VERSION.
The Holy Spirit was also given without measure to others that were sent by God.
  • John 20:21-23 King James Version
    • Then said Jesus to them again, "Peace be unto you: as My Father hath sent Me, even so send I you."

And when He had said this, He breathed on them, and saith unto them, "Receive ye the Holy Ghost: whose soever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them; and whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained."
The Apostles were sent with the same Holy Ghost without measure in the same way that Jesus was sent.
  • Matthew 28:16-20 King James Version
    • Then the eleven disciples went away into Galilee, into a mountain where Jesus had appointed them. And when they saw Him, they worshipped Him: but some doubted. And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, "All power is given unto Me in Heaven and in Earth. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen."
The Eleven were commanded to teach their disciples to observe all things which Jesus had commanded. This would be impossible if they could not empower and send their disciples in the same way that Jesus empowered and sent the Eleven.
Tell us, how many people have you healed and how many people have you raised up from the dead during your lifetime?

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Spiritblade Disciple

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:54 pm

Ironman wrote:Tell us, how many people have you healed and how many people have you raised up from the dead during your lifetime?
Healed? I have seen a few healed. One of which was quite a dramatic experience of God's tangible presence for me.

Raised from the dead? Zero.

There were several testimonies at church, yesterday, of folks receiving various healings (and other blessings). Not just our church. I checked in with a church about 30 miles away and they also reported several testimonies of healing, including cancer completely vanishing. Even the kids in their church are praying for folks and seeing folks healed. We also received reports from a sister church, one state away, where they were receiving similar healings.
Last edited by Spiritblade Disciple on Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

luchnia
Ye Shall Receive Power After That the Holy Ghost is Come Upon You

Post by luchnia » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:56 pm

Ironman wrote:Every one who knew John said;

41, And many resorted unto him, and said, John did no miracle: but all things that John spake of this man were true.

There is no record anywhere in the Bible of any miracles by John, but he did have the power to do some for he had Elijah's power (Luke 1:17).
Where does the bible say that "every one who knew John said?" That statement is not in any of the bibles I have, but that doesn't mean that I might have missed something. Can you point out chapter and verse to support that statement so I can research it for myself?

Word up!

Ironman

Post by Ironman » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:10 pm

luchnia wrote:
Ironman wrote:Every one who knew John said;

Where does the bible say that "every one who knew John said?" That statement is not in any of the bibles I have, but that doesn't mean that I might have missed something. Can you point out chapter and verse to support that statement so I can research it for myself?
"And many resorted unto him," Do you believe these guys never knew or heard of John????

branham1965

Post by branham1965 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:54 pm

Ironman wrote:Tell us, how many people have you healed and how many people have you raised up from the dead during your lifetime?
Healed? I have seen a few healed. One of which was quite a dramatic experience of God's tangible presence for me.

Raised from the dead? Zero.

There were several testimonies at church, yesterday, of folks receiving various healings (and other blessings). Not just our church. I checked in with a church about 30 miles away and they also reported several testimonies of healing, including cancer completely vanishing. Even the kids in their church are praying for folks and seeing folks healed. We also received reports from a sister church, one state away, where they were receiving similar healings.
Last edited by branham1965 on Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.