Dake Bible Discussion BoardDemons

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Post Reply
User avatar
Ironman
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 2835
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:29 pm
Location: Australia

Re: Demons

Post by Ironman » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:58 pm

deleted by Ironman


Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

User avatar
Ironman
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 2835
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:29 pm
Location: Australia

Re: Demons

Post by Ironman » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:03 pm

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Ironman wrote:Tell us, how many people have you healed and how many people have you raised up from the dead during your lifetime?
Healed? I have seen a few healed. One of which was quite a dramatic experience of God's tangible presence for me.

Raised from the dead? Zero.

There were several testimonies at church, yesterday, of folks receiving various healings (and other blessings). Not just our church. I checked in with a church about 30 miles away and they also reported several testimonies of healing, including cancer completely vanishing. Even the kids in their church are praying for folks and seeing folks healed. We also received reports from a sister church, one state away, where they were receiving similar healings.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Good deflection, I'll give you that.

I asked how many have you healed, not how many have you seen healed?

I have not raised anyone from the dead, nor have I heald anyone. I have prayed for and recieved healing for my self and family members.


Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

User avatar
Spiritblade Disciple
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 4163
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2004 6:27 pm

Re: Demons

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:24 am

Ironman wrote:
Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Ironman wrote:Tell us, how many people have you healed and how many people have you raised up from the dead during your lifetime?
Healed? I have seen a few healed. One of which was quite a dramatic experience of God's tangible presence for me.

Raised from the dead? Zero.

There were several testimonies at church, yesterday, of folks receiving various healings (and other blessings). Not just our church. I checked in with a church about 30 miles away and they also reported several testimonies of healing, including cancer completely vanishing. Even the kids in their church are praying for folks and seeing folks healed. We also received reports from a sister church, one state away, where they were receiving similar healings.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Good deflection, I'll give you that.

I asked how many have you healed, not how many have you seen healed?

I have not raised anyone from the dead, nor have I heald anyone. I have prayed for and recieved healing for my self and family members.
I guess I wasn't clear enough... The bolded line refers to folks that I have prayed for and/or laid hands upon. It includes two hard cases, both in hospitals. These two cases stick out in my memory for differing reasons. And, there was a third case that I could include, but medically was not as hard a case. I could say more, but I am thankful that Jesus worked through me on those occasions and at other times.


Thou through Thy commandments hast made me wiser than mine enemies: for they are ever with me. I have more understanding than all my teachers: for Thy testimonies are my meditation. I understand more than the ancients, because I keep Thy precepts.
Psalms 119:98‭-‬100 King James Version

User avatar
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 5729
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:18 am

Re: Demons

Post by branham1965 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:06 am

I want only the very best for every person on here.

+jesussign




Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Ironman wrote:
Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Ironman wrote:Tell us, how many people have you healed and how many people have you raised up from the dead during your lifetime?
Healed? I have seen a few healed. One of which was quite a dramatic experience of God's tangible presence for me.

Raised from the dead? Zero.

There were several testimonies at church, yesterday, of folks receiving various healings (and other blessings). Not just our church. I checked in with a church about 30 miles away and they also reported several testimonies of healing, including cancer completely vanishing. Even the kids in their church are praying for folks and seeing folks healed. We also received reports from a sister church, one state away, where they were receiving similar healings.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Good deflection, I'll give you that.

I asked how many have you healed, not how many have you seen healed?

I have not raised anyone from the dead, nor have I heald anyone. I have prayed for and recieved healing for my self and family members.
I guess I wasn't clear enough... The bolded line refers to folks that I have prayed for and/or laid hands upon. It includes two hard cases, both in hospitals. These two cases stick out in my memory for differing reasons. And, there was a third case that I could include, but medically was not as hard a case. I could say more, but I am thankful that Jesus worked through me on those occasions and at other times.



User avatar
luchnia
Signs Shall Follow Them That Believe
Posts: 785
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:01 am

Re: Demons

Post by luchnia » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:13 am

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:

It's true that they said John never performed a miraculous sign, regardless of whether or not he actually did.
This reminded me of how we can use flawed reasoning to make the bible imply things that it does not imply. It is simply recorded information. Dake makes a point in some of his notes about how the Bible has lies in it, which is spot on.

Take this example in Matthew 12:22 of something recording in God’s word:
And the scribes which came down from Jerusalem said, He hath Beelzebub, and by the prince of the devils casteth he out devils.

If we take the same reasoning that was given about John doing no miracles and apply it to the verse above we have a problem. We could easily imply, the bible says it, there it is, so it is so. Jesus must have cast out demons by beelzebub, right? We see how senseless that statement is. People said it. Jesus does not deny the statement they made, but what He does do is speak about a house divided or basically gives them reasoning that how can Satan cast out Satan, to let them figure out their error in accusing Him?

There are no doubt hundreds of examples of this very thing that can be given. Thousands of false doctrines have been built this way. In the case of John, there is simply NO proof one way or the other on the matter. It is one of those things that it would be nice to have proof.

Just because the Bible has recorded statements made by people does not make the statement a matter of fact as in the case with the statement made about John not doing miracles. Who here knows whether John did miracles or not? I don’t. God knows. I can make an assumption or opinion about it, but that does not make it true.

We are aware that John came in the Spirit and power of Elijah so that can give us some thoughts about John. We also have another fact from Jesus as to the greatness of John and that the least in the kingdom of heaven are greater than John, “Verily I say unto you, Among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist: notwithstanding he that is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.”


Word up!

User avatar
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 5729
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:18 am

Re: Demons

Post by branham1965 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:14 am

You never gave a single Bible verse to prove your proposition.

Not one.

The good Lord spoke in John 10:40-42.

You openly refuse to accept it. :neutral: :neutral:



User avatar
luchnia
Signs Shall Follow Them That Believe
Posts: 785
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:01 am

Re: Demons

Post by luchnia » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:47 pm

branham1965 wrote:You never gave a single Bible verse to prove your proposition.

Not one.

The good Lord spoke in John 10:40-42.

You openly refuse to accept it. :neutral: :neutral:
The verse from Matthew is right there in the post.

BTW, Jn 10:40-42 is not Jesus speaking, but people that came to him and making a statement. Read verse 41 again: And many resorted unto him, and said, John did no miracle: but all things that John spake of this man were true.

Notice "many came to Him and SAID," Here is what they (not Jesus) said once again for clarity, "John performed no sign, but all things that John spoke about this MAN were true."

There is no record there whether Jesus affirmed or denied what those people said, or even if He gave ear to them. It even appears as if they were talking to one another when they said, "THIS MAN."

Here is a question. When you speak to someone, do you look them in the eye and say, "This man" and would you even refer to Jesus as "This man"? There is nothing in any of those verses that indicates they were talking to Jesus. More than likely these folks were simply conferring with each other and not talking with Jesus.


Word up!

User avatar
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 5729
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:18 am

Re: Demons

Post by branham1965 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:26 pm

Those words in the Bible are true.

If one starts dissecting them it is a mistake.

Some Study Bibles do not even comment on those verses because they are so clear.

Every one i checked denies what you affirm.

The Bible says John Baptist did no miraculous sign.

You cannot accept these verses.That is your problem not mine.

Reverend Dake himself said he did no sign though he could have.See notes on John 10:40-42.

I did not graduate from high school and have went through what i have in my life to be doing this on here.



luchnia wrote:
branham1965 wrote:You never gave a single Bible verse to prove your proposition.

Not one.

The good Lord spoke in John 10:40-42.

You openly refuse to accept it. :neutral: :neutral:
The verse from Matthew is right there in the post.

BTW, Jn 10:40-42 is not Jesus speaking, but people that came to him and making a statement. Read verse 41 again: And many resorted unto him, and said, John did no miracle: but all things that John spake of this man were true.

Notice "many came to Him and SAID," Here is what they (not Jesus) said once again for clarity, "John performed no sign, but all things that John spoke about this MAN were true."

There is no record there whether Jesus affirmed or denied what those people said, or even if He gave ear to them. It even appears as if they were talking to one another when they said, "THIS MAN."

Here is a question. When you speak to someone, do you look them in the eye and say, "This man" and would you even refer to Jesus as "This man"? There is nothing in any of those verses that indicates they were talking to Jesus. More than likely these folks were simply conferring with each other and not talking with Jesus.



User avatar
luchnia
Signs Shall Follow Them That Believe
Posts: 785
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:01 am

Re: Demons

Post by luchnia » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:45 pm

branham1965 wrote:Those words in the Bible are true.

If one starts dissecting them it is a mistake.

Some Study Bibles do not even comment on those verses because they are so clear.

Every one i checked denies what you affirm.

The Bible says John Baptist did no miraculous sign.

You cannot accept these verses.That is your problem not mine.

Reverend Dake himself said he did no sign though he could have.See notes on John 10:40-42.

I did not graduate from high school and have went through what i have in my life to be doing this on here.
It is perfectly ok that you and everyone you checked with disagrees with my understanding of these verses. I respect that right.

I agree that those verses are clear and they really need no explanation at all. It is odd is that you think I don't accept the verses, which is an incorrect assumption. I accept them exactly as they are written.


Word up!

Post Reply