Dake Bible Discussion BoardDemons

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Post Reply
User avatar
macca
Dake VIP Member
Dake VIP Member
Posts: 1192
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2004 4:37 am
Location: australia

Re: Demons

Post by macca » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:19 am

No one but Jesus had the fullness of the Spirit.
It would kill us mortal sons of God, but as the body of Christ we have the fullness of the Spirit and possess the full power of God on this earth to do as Jesus did in His ministry in Israel.

The body of Christ dwells all over this planet Earth and as such does greater things then Jesus Did in one locality.
We can only do what the Holy Spirit enables us to do through Jesus.
If it does not glorify and speak of Jesus then it is not of God,,,,,,,we cannot anoint ourselves.

macca


For ALL the promises of God in Him are YES, and in Him AMEN, unto the glory of God by us.

User avatar
Spiritblade Disciple
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 4052
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2004 6:27 pm

Re: Demons

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:52 pm

macca wrote:No one but Jesus had the fullness of the Spirit.
If that's true, then I must conclude that no one else has ever been sent by God.
  • John 3:34 King James Version
    • For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God:
      • for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him.
That doesn't mean that each one that is sent utilizes the limitless measure of the Spirit that they are given. But, the fact that they do not operate in it doesn't mean it isn't given unto them.
macca wrote:It would kill us mortal sons of God, but as the body of Christ we have the fullness of the Spirit and possess the full power of God on this earth to do as Jesus did in His ministry in Israel.
Why? What Bible passage teach that it would kill us to have the fullness of the Spirit and possess the full power of God on this Earth to do as Jesus did?
macca wrote:The body of Christ dwells all over this planet Earth and as such does greater things then Jesus Did in one locality.
The Spirit of God is unlimited. He is perfectly capable of of doing what He did through Jesus and more through multiple people at the same time.

It isn't like Jesus had 100 gallons of water and gave the Church 100 gallons of water that we all have to share. Rather, it is like He had an infinite supply of water and gave the Church and infinite supply and no matter how much each of us take, there's still just as much left as there was before we took any of that water.


2 Thessalonians 2:10b-12 King James Version
... because THEY RECEIVED NOT THE LOVE OF THE TRUTH, that they might be saved... God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: THAT THEY ALL MIGHT BE DAMNED who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

User avatar
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 5593
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:18 am

Re: Demons

Post by branham1965 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:20 pm

ROGER ,

WHERE DO YOU GET THAT FROM THE TEXT??

JOHN THE BAPTIST WAS A MAN SENT FROM GOD JOHN 1:6.BUT THE BIBLE SAYS HE DID NO MIRACLE.

DO YOU KNOW A SOUL ON THIS EARTH THAT COULD DO THE THINGS LISTED IN THAT LIST???



User avatar
Spiritblade Disciple
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 4052
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2004 6:27 pm

Re: Demons

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:57 pm

branham1965 wrote:WHERE DO YOU GET THAT FROM THE TEXT??
It is right there, plainly written, in the text.


2 Thessalonians 2:10b-12 King James Version
... because THEY RECEIVED NOT THE LOVE OF THE TRUTH, that they might be saved... God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: THAT THEY ALL MIGHT BE DAMNED who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

User avatar
Spiritblade Disciple
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 4052
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2004 6:27 pm

Re: Demons

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:59 pm

branham1965 wrote:JOHN THE BAPTIST WAS A MAN SENT FROM GOD JOHN 1:6.BUT THE BIBLE SAYS HE DID NO MIRACLE.
That does not mean that the Spirit was given by measure unto John.

Why didn't John do miracles? It wasn't because the Spirit was given by measure unto him.


2 Thessalonians 2:10b-12 King James Version
... because THEY RECEIVED NOT THE LOVE OF THE TRUTH, that they might be saved... God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: THAT THEY ALL MIGHT BE DAMNED who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

User avatar
Spiritblade Disciple
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 4052
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2004 6:27 pm

Re: Demons

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:00 pm

branham1965 wrote:DO YOU KNOW A SOUL ON THIS EARTH THAT COULD DO THE THINGS LISTED IN THAT LIST???
That could? Yes.

That do? Not that I'm closely acquainted with.


2 Thessalonians 2:10b-12 King James Version
... because THEY RECEIVED NOT THE LOVE OF THE TRUTH, that they might be saved... God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: THAT THEY ALL MIGHT BE DAMNED who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

User avatar
Ironman
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 2800
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:29 pm
Location: Australia

Re: Demons

Post by Ironman » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:49 pm

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
branham1965 wrote:DO YOU KNOW A SOUL ON THIS EARTH THAT COULD DO THE THINGS LISTED IN THAT LIST???
That could? Yes.

That do? Not that I'm closely acquainted with.
I think if there was just one person on this Earth today that was only immune from poisons and had power over wild beasts
(Mk. 1:13; 16:18; Lk. 10:19; Jn. 14:12; Acts 28:3-6; Ps. 91:1-16), and was going about raising the dead, (Jn. 11; 14:12; Acts 9:40; 20:9-10), ot would be headline news all over the world.


Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

User avatar
luchnia
He that Believeth on Me, as the Scripture hath Said, Out of His Belly Shall Flow Rivers of Living Water
Posts: 729
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:01 am

Re: Demons

Post by luchnia » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:52 pm

branham1965 wrote:ROGER ,
JOHN THE BAPTIST WAS A MAN SENT FROM GOD JOHN 1:6.BUT THE BIBLE SAYS HE DID NO MIRACLE.
Not sure where you got this info from, but the bible does not state anywhere that John did not do any miracles. You may be making an assumption based on the text in Jn 10:41.

Notice carefully what the verses in John 10:40-42 states:
40 And (Jesus) went away again beyond Jordan into the place where John at first baptized; and there he abode.
41 And many resorted unto him, and said, John did no miracle: but all things that John spake of this man were true.
42 And many believed on him there.

The "many" that resorted Jesus said John did no miracle. We don't know who the "many" were. They did not even acknowledge Jesus by name. They acknowledge Jesus as "this man." What they said does not mean John did not do miracles. It is simply a statement they made without giving substantiation. Jesus did not affirm, nor deny their claim.

Remember John came in the spirit and power of Elijah so he may have done many miracles. We simple do not know without biblical record. The Spirit and Power of Elijah is mighty


Word up!

User avatar
Spiritblade Disciple
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 4052
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2004 6:27 pm

Re: Demons

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:11 pm

Ironman wrote:I think if there was just one person on this Earth today that was only immune from poisons and had power over wild beasts (Mk. 1:13; 16:18; Lk. 10:19; Jn. 14:12; Acts 28:3-6; Ps. 91:1-16), and was going about raising the dead, (Jn. 11; 14:12; Acts 9:40; 20:9-10), ot would be headline news all over the world.
I think the news media would ignore them.


2 Thessalonians 2:10b-12 King James Version
... because THEY RECEIVED NOT THE LOVE OF THE TRUTH, that they might be saved... God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: THAT THEY ALL MIGHT BE DAMNED who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

User avatar
Spiritblade Disciple
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 4052
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2004 6:27 pm

Re: Demons

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:12 pm

luchnia wrote:
branham1965 wrote:ROGER ,
JOHN THE BAPTIST WAS A MAN SENT FROM GOD JOHN 1:6.BUT THE BIBLE SAYS HE DID NO MIRACLE.
Not sure where you got this info from, but the bible does not state anywhere that John did not do any miracles. You may be making an assumption based on the text in Jn 10:41.

Notice carefully what the verses in John 10:40-42 states:
40 And (Jesus) went away again beyond Jordan into the place where John at first baptized; and there he abode.
41 And many resorted unto him, and said, John did no miracle: but all things that John spake of this man were true.
42 And many believed on him there.

The "many" that resorted Jesus said John did no miracle. We don't know who the "many" were. They did not even acknowledge Jesus by name. They acknowledge Jesus as "this man." What they said does not mean John did not do miracles. It is simply a statement they made without giving substantiation. Jesus did not affirm, nor deny their claim.

Remember John came in the spirit and power of Elijah so he may have done many miracles. We simple do not know without biblical record. The Spirit and Power of Elijah is mighty
Great points! :angel:


2 Thessalonians 2:10b-12 King James Version
... because THEY RECEIVED NOT THE LOVE OF THE TRUTH, that they might be saved... God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: THAT THEY ALL MIGHT BE DAMNED who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Post Reply