Dake Bible Discussion BoardDemons

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Post Reply
User avatar
macca
Dake VIP Member
Dake VIP Member
Posts: 1195
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2004 4:37 am
Location: australia

Demons

Post by macca » Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:58 am

Acts. 16:16
Now as it Happened, as we went to prayer, that a certain slave girl possessed with a spirit of divination ( Vines Puthon in English Python. As does Strong's...4436..)met us, who brought her masters much profit by fortune telling.
This girl followed Paul and us, and cried out (screeched very loudly) saying, "these men are servants of the most high God, who proclaim to us a way of salvation"
And this she did for many days. But Paul, greatly annoyed, turned and said to the spirit ( not the girl) " I command you in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her," and he came out that very hour.

According to Acts. 19:13-15; that demons knew Paul and Jesus.

We also know that the gift of the Spirit in 1 Cor. 12:10; To another discerning of spirits,..as Paul teaches.....
now this spiritual gift is the discerning of spirits both good and bad, ie,,God, His angels, human spirits......and also evil spirits ..demons and fallen angels.
It operates as God wills, not man...v.4; There are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.
There are differences of ministries, but the same Lord.
And there are diversities of activities, but the same God who works all in all.

For man that are saved and baptised in the Spirit have a measure of the Spirit, there is not one man or woman who has or has had the fullness of the Holy Spirit as Jesus did..
Jesus is the only man that could carry the Holy Spirit in all of His fullness as Jesus was the only sinless, perfect, immortal man that could.
That is why the Church of Jesus Christ on the whole, including everyone in it has the fullness of the Holy Spirit as a body,,,ie The Body of Christ.

Now in Jesus' ministry when He was confronted by demons speaking a supposed fact, truth about Himself He shut them up instantly and cast them out.
as in Mark.1:23-26;
Now there was a man in their synagogue with an unclean spirit. And he cried out, saying "Let us alone! What have we to do with you, Jesus of Nazareth? Did you come to destroy us ? I know who you are the Holy One of God!"
But Jesus rebuked him, saying, " Be quiet, and come out of him!'
And when the unclean spirit had convulsed him and cried out with a loud voice, he came out of him.
Read also Mark. 5:1-20; Luke.8:26-39:

Jesus commissioned men and woman to preach the gospel, not Angels, not demons........


For ALL the promises of God in Him are YES, and in Him AMEN, unto the glory of God by us.

User avatar
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 5729
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:18 am

Re: Demons

Post by branham1965 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:49 am

Thank you macca.


i think thats the longest post you made in a while :smilecolros:



User avatar
Spiritblade Disciple
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 4163
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2004 6:27 pm

Re: Demons

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:12 pm

macca wrote:For man that are saved and baptised in the Spirit have a measure of the Spirit, there is not one man or woman who has or has had the fullness of the Holy Spirit as Jesus did..
Jesus is the only man that could carry the Holy Spirit in all of His fullness as Jesus was the only sinless, perfect, immortal man that could.
That is why the Church of Jesus Christ on the whole, including everyone in it has the fullness of the Holy Spirit as a body,,,ie The Body of Christ.
Seems contrary to Dake's teaching on the Spirit Baptism, to me, Macca.


Luke 12:4‭-‬5 King James Version
"And I say unto you my friends, be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do. But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear Him, which after He hath killed hath power to cast into Hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear Him."

User avatar
Spiritblade Disciple
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 4163
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2004 6:27 pm

Re: Demons

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:15 pm

Please, note that holding an opinion that seems contrary to Dake is not necessarily a bad thing...

I, myself, hold some opinions that seem contrary to Dake.


Luke 12:4‭-‬5 King James Version
"And I say unto you my friends, be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do. But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear Him, which after He hath killed hath power to cast into Hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear Him."

User avatar
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 5729
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:18 am

Re: Demons

Post by branham1965 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:30 pm

I agree Roger.

+horse +horse +horse







Spiritblade Disciple wrote:Please, note that holding an opinion that seems contrary to Dake is not necessarily a bad thing...

I, myself, hold some opinions that seem contrary to Dake.



User avatar
macca
Dake VIP Member
Dake VIP Member
Posts: 1195
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2004 4:37 am
Location: australia

Re: Demons

Post by macca » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:30 am

I do not know of any one person in history or alive now who had or has the Holy Spirit as Jesus did.
A single person is not the body of Christ.
All real borm again Christians are the body of Christ and as such this body is Christ on Earth.
For Jesus is seated at God the Father's right hand.
Macca


For ALL the promises of God in Him are YES, and in Him AMEN, unto the glory of God by us.

User avatar
Spiritblade Disciple
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 4163
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2004 6:27 pm

Re: Demons

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:23 am

Jesus said that Zebedee's two sons would partake of the same baptism that Jesus was baptized with.

Therefore, those two men received the same Spirit Baptism that Jesus, Himself, was baptized with.
  • Matthew 20:20-24 King James Version
    • Then came to Him the mother of Zebedee's children with her sons, worshipping Him, and desiring a certain thing of Him.

      And He said unto her,
      "What wilt thou?"

      She saith unto Him, "Grant that these my two sons may sit, the one on Thy right hand, and the other on the left, in Thy kingdom."

      But Jesus answered and said,
      "Ye know not what ye ask.

      "Are ye able to drink of the cup that I shall drink of, and to be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with?"


      They say unto Him, "We are able."

      And He saith unto them,
      "Ye shall drink indeed of My cup, and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with: but to sit on My right hand, and on My left, is not Mine to give, but it shall be given to them for whom it is prepared of My Father."

      And when the ten heard it, they were moved with indignation against the two brethren.
If Zebedee's sons did not receive the same Spirit Baptism that Jesus was baptized with, then Jesus failed to make good on His promise that they would, indeed, be baptized with that baptism.


Luke 12:4‭-‬5 King James Version
"And I say unto you my friends, be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do. But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear Him, which after He hath killed hath power to cast into Hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear Him."

User avatar
macca
Dake VIP Member
Dake VIP Member
Posts: 1195
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2004 4:37 am
Location: australia

Re: Demons

Post by macca » Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:59 am

They sure were baptised in the Holy Spirit as Jesus was baptised in the river Jordan .
But it still was not the same power that Jesus could hold as James and John were mortal, where Jesus gave up His life
so He could be killed, James and John could have their lives taken at any time.
macca


For ALL the promises of God in Him are YES, and in Him AMEN, unto the glory of God by us.

User avatar
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 5729
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:18 am

Re: Demons

Post by branham1965 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:26 am

I AGREE WITH YOU MACCA :angel: :angel:

No one has or will have that in this world except the Lord Jesus Christ.cf John 3:34.
macca wrote:I do not know of any one person in history or alive now who had or has the Holy Spirit as Jesus did.
A single person is not the body of Christ.
All real borm again Christians are the body of Christ and as such this body is Christ on Earth.
For Jesus is seated at God the Father's right hand.
Macca



User avatar
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 5729
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:18 am

Re: Demons

Post by branham1965 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:52 am

Not so Roger.

The Lord Jesus Christ is talking about the Baptism of Suffering.They all experienced suffering and were killed for Christ.

None of them had the same Anointing of the Holy Spirit as Christ had.

He was the Anointed One .Acts 10:38

He alone was the Only Begotten Son of God John 1:18 He was holy ,harmless,undefiled ,separate from sinners. Hebrews 7:26.

He was David's Son and his Lord.Matthew 23:41-45.

He told his disciples

"So likewise ye ,when ye shall have done all those things which were commanded you,say,We are unprofitable servants:we have done that which is our duty to do." Luke 17:10


Both men including the 11 Apostles of the Lamb were all martyrs except Saint John.

No one has ever had the same Spirit Baptism as JESUS CHRIST had when He was here on the earth.

No one ever has or ever will.


Spiritblade Disciple wrote:Jesus said that Zebedee's two sons would partake of the same baptism that Jesus was baptized with.

Therefore, those two men received the same Spirit Baptism that Jesus, Himself, was baptized with.
  • Matthew 20:20-24 King James Version
    • Then came to Him the mother of Zebedee's children with her sons, worshipping Him, and desiring a certain thing of Him.

      And He said unto her,
      "What wilt thou?"

      She saith unto Him, "Grant that these my two sons may sit, the one on Thy right hand, and the other on the left, in Thy kingdom."

      But Jesus answered and said,
      "Ye know not what ye ask.

      "Are ye able to drink of the cup that I shall drink of, and to be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with?"


      They say unto Him, "We are able."

      And He saith unto them,
      "Ye shall drink indeed of My cup, and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with: but to sit on My right hand, and on My left, is not Mine to give, but it shall be given to them for whom it is prepared of My Father."

      And when the ten heard it, they were moved with indignation against the two brethren.
If Zebedee's sons did not receive the same Spirit Baptism that Jesus was baptized with, then Jesus failed to make good on His promise that they would, indeed, be baptized with that baptism.



Post Reply