Dake Bible Discussion BoardIt is Sunday - Be a REAL Christian and go to Church!

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: It is Sunday - Be a REAL Christian and go to Church!

Post by branham1965 »

Interesting points rstrats. :angel:

Perhaps they took the Lord's Supper daily??

When i was in the Church of Christ they taught us that we would go to hell if we did not take Communion every Sunday.

luchnia
Shall Not He that Spared Not His Own Son Freely Give Us All Things?

Post by luchnia »

branham1965 wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:23 pm
When i was in the Church of Christ they taught us that we would go to hell if we did not take Communion every Sunday.
Why would anyone tell someone such a thing? Then again a lot goes on in churches that is simply unfounded. I mean look at what Paul had to deal with. I imagine it was a constant burden on him because of the people that simply could not understand what he told them.

Word up!

rstrats
Zechariah

Post by rstrats »

branham1965,
re: "Perhaps they took the Lord's Supper daily??"

And as I alluded to in my last post, that would mean that Acts 20:7 is not an appropriate support for special 1st day of the week observance.

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

I know one thing they took the Lord's Supper in obedience to Jesus Christ.1 Cor 11.

Church history shows they took the Lord's Supper regularly -every Lord's Day.

They baptized immersed people in water too.Both ordinances were to continue until Christ came.

And people were to receive the Holy Ghost as well.

rstrats wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:48 am
branham1965,
re: "Perhaps they took the Lord's Supper daily??"

And as I alluded to in my last post, that would mean that Acts 20:7 is not an appropriate support for special 1st day of the week observance.

rstrats
Zechariah

Post by rstrats »

branham1965,
re: "Church history shows they took the Lord's Supper regularly -every Lord's Day."

Just so it's understood that there is no scripture that says that.

luchnia

Post by luchnia »

rstrats wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:13 am
branham1965,
re: "Church history shows they took the Lord's Supper regularly -every Lord's Day."

Another important note to take into consideration is exactly "when" church history started doing certain things. History and traditions have a way of sinking in over time and in many cases going against a biblical teaching.

In hundreds of years many things have developed in different cultures that were never mandatory. I mean look at all the crazy things that go on in the USA and somehow become a tradition or practice. In society it is not really a matter of right or wrong. It just becomes practice.

One thing that stands out to me is mixing evangelism and the gathering of the saints to fellowship and worship together. This is something that Jesus nor any of the disciples, apostles, etc., ever practiced nor taught, yet the percentage of churches that practice this is truly amazing! There is no Biblical basis for it, yet it has become the norm and an accepted practice.

Word up!

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

rstrats

1.Do you believe in taking the Lords Supper??? The Lord commanded it and it was observed by the Church.

In my understanding of the Word you are greatly mistaken about this subject.

See notes k,l,m in the Dake Bible on Acts 20:7.

If you don't have a Dake Bible please get one .

rstrats wrote:
branham1965,

Last edited by branham1965 on Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

ONLY in 2018 do we say that going to Church is not right.

My late Pastor would have had a deliverance service if he heard these things;

no hell,no church,no submission to spiritual authority,no observing Communion...wow.

If WE are not in a local Church under a Pastor attending regularly than WE are in error and rebellion.

luchnia wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:56 am
rstrats wrote:
branham1965,

Another important note to take into consideration is exactly "when" church history started doing certain things. History and traditions have a way of sinking in over time and in many cases going against a biblical teaching.

In hundreds of years many things have developed in different cultures that were never mandatory. I mean look at all the crazy things that go on in the USA and somehow become a tradition or practice. In society it is not really a matter of right or wrong. It just becomes practice.

One thing that stands out to me is mixing evangelism and the gathering of the saints to fellowship and worship together. This is something that Jesus nor any of the disciples, apostles, etc., ever practiced nor taught, yet the percentage of churches that practice this is truly amazing! There is no Biblical basis for it, yet it has become the norm and an accepted practice.

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

branham1965 wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:33 am
ONLY in 2018 do we say that going to Church is not right.

My late Pastor would have had a deliverance service if he heard these things;

no hell,no church,no submission to spiritual authority,no observing Communion...wow.

If WE are not in a local Church under a Pastor attending regularly than WE are in error and rebellion.

luchnia wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:56 am
rstrats wrote:
branham1965,

GOOD word Billy!

This so called "christian world" has been deceived in so many ways and you mentioned many of them!

I say again REAL Christians go to Church.

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

luchnia

Post by luchnia »

branham1965 wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:33 am
Who here is stating there is no hell, no Church, no submission to spiritual authority, and no communion? I have not seen one person's post make such a statement. Am I missing something?

Word up!