Dake Bible Discussion BoardIt is Sunday - Be a REAL Christian and go to Church!

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
rstrats
Zechariah

Re: It is Sunday - Be a REAL Christian and go to Church!

Post by rstrats »

branham1965,
re: "He gives profuse texts..."

Do you know what those scriptures are?

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

ASK Reverend Bible.

Trust me he would turn all of us inside out with his knowledge.

I am NOT boot licking.Its the truth.

Ask him.
rstrats wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:52 pm
branham1965,
re: "He gives profuse texts..."

Do you know what those scriptures are?

rstrats
Zechariah

Post by rstrats »

branham1965,
re: "Trust me he would turn all of us inside out with his knowledge. I am NOT boot licking.Its the truth. Ask him."

So you don't know the scriptures Dake uses to say that meeting for rest and worship on the 1st day of the week was an ongoing activity that was observed by the believers week after week. Perhaps someone else here does.

luchnia
Shall Not He that Spared Not His Own Son Freely Give Us All Things?

Post by luchnia »

rstrats wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:15 pm
branham1965,
re: "Trust me he would turn all of us inside out with his knowledge. I am NOT boot licking.Its the truth. Ask him."

So you don't know the scriptures Dake uses to say that meeting for rest and worship on the 1st day of the week was an ongoing activity that was observed by the believers week after week. Perhaps someone else here does.
Dake does give some solid argument, yet there is limited biblical text to support that theory. From the bible standpoint it is built upon a small amount of text. It is not strong enough to support it as the biblical context can be perceived in a number of ways. One could just as easily prove otherwise.

In general Sunday worship is an accepted practice yet not a proven biblical practice. This is not all that unusual as you find so many things that men do not to be biblical. Men do Christmas and Easter yet those are not biblical either.

Doesn't mean they are right or wrong just that men do them. It is not profitable from a biblical standpoint and mostly dross and will be burned off when the level of righteousness comes to try the things that men do.

Word up!

rstrats
Zechariah

Post by rstrats »

luchnia,
re: "In general Sunday worship is an accepted practice yet not a proven biblical practice."

And that was all I was doing, i.e., merely pointing out that while ongoing week after week 1st day of the week observance is the norm, that scripture is silent with regard to the practice just in case someone new looking in on this topic may think that it is scriptural.

luchnia

Post by luchnia »

rstrats wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:48 am
luchnia,
re: "In general Sunday worship is an accepted practice yet not a proven biblical practice."

And that was all I was doing, i.e., merely pointing out that while ongoing week after week 1st day of the week observance is the norm, that scripture is silent with regard to the practice just in case someone new looking in on this topic may think that it is scriptural.
All too often doctrines are built on what I call out of contexters and one verse wonders. For many years I had heard preachers Romans chapter seven and never bring up chapter 8 while all the while damning the saints. I like others quickly conformed to being nothing but a lousy steeped in sin no chance slug of a worm with no hope and no way of escape even though I confessed with my mouth and believed in my heart that God raised Jesus from the dead. What was I missing?

What damning guilt ridden doctrines are taught and quite the opposite of what is biblical taught about those in Christ! Because it had been so embedded in me it was a long time before I could get that "out of context" false teaching out of my head and realize what Paul was actually teaching for those that are in Christ and how there is no condemnation for those that are in Christ Jesus who walk not after the flesh but after the Spirit.

It is hard to unlearn false doctrine and see what the text is really conveying. One must be willing to clean the slate and open to the Spirit before it can ever occur. It may be that the pride that men hold will not allow that clean state to occur so that freedom from a knowledge of the truth can abound.

Word up!

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

This is UNBELIEVABLE .

People are justifying NOT going to Church.And being all religious while doing it.

And then they are condemning Church attendance. :shocked!:

Going to Church on Sunday is the Biblical thing to do.

People on here also flaunt not being in submission to a Pastor.

If one is not in submission to a local godly Pastor =meaning He is over

you spiritually and you answer to and obey Him and the Elders,the Presbytery etc.

then that is REBELLION.Hebrews 13:17.

I am getting on myself first here. :agrue:

1 Sam 15:23 For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft,and stubborness is as iniquity and idolatry,because thou hast rejected the word of the LORD,he hath also rejected thee from being king.

luchnia

Post by luchnia »

branham1965 wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:52 pm
This is UNBELIEVABLE .

People are justifying NOT going to Church.And being all religious while doing it.

And then they are condemning Church attendance. :shocked!:

Going to Church on Sunday is the Biblical thing to do.
I would make a clarification on this from a biblcial viewpoint. We all know, or should know, The Church is not a place one can go to, but a called out body.

Assembling is what the saints of the Lord are called to do and not forsake. If you forsake assembling together then there is an issue that needs looking into. The challenge in this is that none are willing to stand on the biblical side of this and it is perplexing as to why that is the case?

Word up!

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

No i do not.Not at all.

rstrats
Zechariah

Post by rstrats »

branham1965,
re: "Going to Church on Sunday is the Biblical thing to do."

As pointed out earlier, there are only two instances in scripture with regard to anybody getting together on the first of the week - John 20:19 and Acts 20:7.There is never any mention of them ever again being together on the first. The John reference has them together in a closed room after the crucifixion because they were afraid of their fellow Jews. Nothing is said about a worship service or day of rest. And it couldn't have been in recognition of the resurrection because at that time they didn't even believe that the resurrection had taken place.

The Acts reference might very well have them together to break bread with Paul because he happened to be in town and wanted to talk to them before he had to leave again. The "breaking of bread" in the verse can simply be saying that the disciples got together to eat a meal on this particular first day of the week . The phrase, "to break bread", does not have to refer to a religious service - unless it is specifically stated - but to dividing loaves of bread for a meal. "It means to partake of food and is used of eating as in a meal...... The readers [of the original New Testament letters and manuscripts] could have had no other idea or meaning in their minds" (E.W.Bullinger, Figures of Speech Used in the Bible, pp. 839,840.

Also, the IVF Bible Dictionary 750 says : "To 'break bread' was a common Jewish expression for sharing of a meal."

But even if the breaking of bread mentioned always did refer to the Lord’s Supper, it had nothing to do with placing a special emphasis on the first because Acts 2:46 says that they broke bread every day.