Dake Bible Discussion BoardIt is Sunday - Be a REAL Christian and go to Church!

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: It is Sunday - Be a REAL Christian and go to Church!

Post by branham1965 »

Thank you Pastor.

rstrats
Zechariah

Post by rstrats »

branham1965,
re: "1.Do you believe in taking the Lords Supper???"

Yes, Christians are to do it in remembrence of the Messiah (Luke 22:19). And Paul talks about it in 1 Corinthians 11.

re: "In my understanding of the Word you are greatly mistaken about this subject."

Exactly to what mistake are you referring?

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

I am glad you believe in the Lord's Supper. :angel:

I misunderstood you.

rstrats wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:40 am
branham1965,
re: "1.Do you believe in taking the Lords Supper???"

Yes, Christians are to do it in remembrence of the Messiah (Luke 22:19). And Paul talks about it in 1 Corinthians 11.

re: "In my understanding of the Word you are greatly mistaken about this subject."

Exactly to what mistake are you referring?

rstrats
Zechariah

Post by rstrats »

branham1965,
re: "I misunderstood you."

Exactly what did I write that you misunderstood?

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

I was not sure what you were saying.

rstrats wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:28 pm
branham1965,
re: "I misunderstood you."

Exactly what did I write that you misunderstood?

rstrats
Zechariah

Post by rstrats »

branham1965,
re: "I was not sure what you were saying."

You said that I was "greatly mistaken about this subject". That certainly sounds like you were sure about my position. What did you think my position was and what did I write that made you think that way?

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

Sighs.

I think you :n00b: seem opposed to the Lord's Supper on Sunday,and you deny the existence of Hell ,attending Church etc.

What denomination are you with???

rstrats wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:12 am
branham1965,
re: "I was not sure what you were saying."

You said that I was "greatly mistaken about this subject". That certainly sounds like you were sure about my position. What did you think my position was and what did I write that made you think that way?

rstrats
Zechariah

Post by rstrats »

branham1965,
re: "I think you seem opposed to the Lord's Supper on Sunday,and you deny the existence of Hell ,attending Church etc."

Which of my posts causes you to say that?

re: "What denomination are you with???"

None currently.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

Perfect ?? I am not. I do not think you guys are either.

bibleman wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:32 am
branham1965 wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:33 am

ONLY in 2018 do we say that going to Church is not right.

My late Pastor would have had a deliverance service if he heard these things;

no hell,no church,no submission to spiritual authority,no observing Communion...wow.

If WE are not in a local Church under a Pastor attending regularly than WE are in error and rebellion.

luchnia wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:56 am
rstrats wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:13 am
branham1965,
re: "Church history shows they took the Lord's Supper regularly -every Lord's Day."

Just so it's understood that there is no scripture that says that.
Another important note to take into consideration is exactly "when" church history started doing certain things. History and traditions have a way of sinking in over time and in many cases going against a biblical teaching.

In hundreds of years many things have developed in different cultures that were never mandatory. I mean look at all the crazy things that go on in the USA and somehow become a tradition or practice. In society it is not really a matter of right or wrong. It just becomes practice.

One thing that stands out to me is mixing evangelism and the gathering of the saints to fellowship and worship together. This is something that Jesus nor any of the disciples, apostles, etc., ever practiced nor taught, yet the percentage of churches that practice this is truly amazing! There is no Biblical basis for it, yet it has become the norm and an accepted practice.
GOOD word Billy!

This so called "christian world" has been deceived in so many ways and you mentioned many of them!

no hell,no church,no submission to spiritual authority,no observing Communion...wow.

I say again REAL Christians go to Church.