Dake Bible Discussion BoardTradition in the Church

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Jay
Be Strong in the Power of His Might

Re: Tradition in the Church

Post by Jay » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:34 am

luchnia wrote:I tend to lean with the verse in question being Lucifer's fall, but the wording certainly is not direct on the matter and if we only take this at literal face value, we simply don't have that written here. Verses like this show me one thing, we are not clear about many things, and 1/3 of the angels has the same uncertainty. So much of what we learn is subjective in that it cannot be perceived concretely.

In many cases I think that is the point we are supposed to arrive at. :mrgreen:
I totally agree and that was my point in posting from Deuteronomy:

Deuteronomy 29:29 (KJV)
29 The secret things belong unto the LORD our God: but those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children for ever, that we may do all the words of this law.

It is okay to speculate but we shouldn't consider our speculation and conjecture to be GOSPEL!

I have some thoughts about the rapture that I will share on here one of these days if I haven't already. I won't dogmatically say it is absolutely scriptural but it may be. It is sure something for people to think about and I've never heard anyone else teach it. Was it revelation from the Lord? I don't know.

Brother Hagin was a "STICKLER" for the Word of God. I can't say I got that from him since I was that way before I ever went to Rhema but I sure concur with him that doctrine MUST BE ESTABLISHED BY THE WORD OF GOD ALONE. And it MUST be established with MORE THAN ONE SCRIPTURE.

When I was 18, my 21 year old brother was dying from cancer. It caused me to search the scriptures for any kind of hope. That is when I ran across this passage of scripture:

James 5:14-15 (KJV)
14 Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:
15 And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.

There was the hope we were looking for! I immediately called our Baptist pastor and read this passage to him. Then I asked if he would get the church deacons together to come and pray for my brother. After a long pause, he replied, "Well,,,we don't believe that."

I realized right then that if you don't believe the book you claim to live by, THROW IT AWAY!!!

There are MANY things that have not been revealed to us. Some things have been revealed in part and some things have been revealed to a great level. The Bible is our "Manufacturer's handbook." I believe, that as we live forever with the Lord that we will forever be learning more about Him and about ALL things. How could we ever know everything about our God and His creation? :scatter:

Hebrews 10:35-36
Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompence of reward. For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:33 pm

JAY ,

YOU SAID IT ALL.

DAD HAGIN AND THE RHEMA INSTRUCTORS NEVER TAUGHT IT.

I RECKON WHY????

FOR SOME ODD REASON ...... YOU DO???????????????????

DAD HAGIN TOLD FOLKS TO LEAVE OFF THINGS THEY DO NOT KNOW OR NEVER HEARD OTHERS PREACH ON.YOU MESS AROUND WITH EXPLOSIVES AND DON'T KNOW ALL ABOUT THEM YOU MIGHT GET BLOWN TO KINGDOM COME.

MORE FOLKS WERE LED INTO DEMONIC POWER AND FALSE CULTS LIKE MORMONISM ,JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES , CHRISTIAN SCIENCE AND 101 OTHERS BECAUSE THEY OPENED THEM SELVES UP TO THE SPIRIT REALM :evilbat: AND THEY WERE FULLY ACCOMMODATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

READ BIBLE TRUTHS UNMASKED BY REVEREND DAKE.

Jay
Be Strong in the Power of His Might

Post by Jay » Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:11 pm

branham1965 wrote:JAY ,

YOU SAID IT ALL.

I RECKON WHY????

All I can do is give you scriptures like I have. You CANNOT give me scriptures that say 1/3 of the angels fell in the pre-Adamite dispensation OTHER THAN TAKING A, CLEARLY FUTURE EVENT IN REV. 12, and applying it to a completely separate dispensation.

Apparently you don't agree with Dake's study on the timeline of Revelation and that is fine but if you take one piece out of the future and put it in the past, what else are you doing to the Word of God.

Judge me how you want. It really makes no difference to me.

I don't remember Brother Hagin or any of the other instructors at Rhema teaching on Revelation, not just Rev. 12. Does that mean we don't teach it? I can think of many other things that we never had time to get to while I was at Rhema. I would have loved to have talked to Dake about the angels. We may have walked away, not having come to an agreement but then again I believe, once he really looked at the scriptures I've presented here, he would agree with me. I would also like to talk to Dake about some other things he taught. One of them he taught that I cannot find any scriptures for or even any inference is that, other than Lucifer ruling the pre-Adamite earth, other angels ruled other planets in the solar system. I've been studying the Bible for forty years and I have never seen any scripture that would support that thought.

There is an old saying that you will benefit from if you will listen to it.
"In the Essentials, UNITY; In the NonEssentials, LIBERTY!" There are things we must agree on to walk in fellowship. The other things we can disagree on and still walk in fellowship. If you disagree with that, that's your prerogative.

Hagin and Summerall disagreed on angels and demons. Summerall believed demons are fallen angels. Hagin believed they were different than fallen angels, being disembodied spirits of the pre-Adamite beings that Lucifer ruled over and who died in the first flood. Does that mean they could not walk in fellowship? Absolutely not! Summerall and Hagin were good friends and Summerall even taught for a week when I was at Rhema. To be honest, the Bible is not completely clear on where demons originated.

I prefer to stick to doctrine that is backed up by a minimum of two or three scriptures as we are told to do. Hagin pushed that mindset and I totally agree.

I had forgotten why I hadn't posted on this discussion board in many years. There are some great people on here but it seems that some people on here cannot discuss things without being judgmental. It would be nice if we could discuss things that we may differ on in a spirit of love and Christian fellowship. I believe that most of us on here would completely agree on the "ESSENTIALS" of the Word of God such as the virgin birth, Christ's sinless life, His death, burial and resurrection of Christ. I can promise you there are MANY "Non-Essentials" that many of us will not agree on.

Do you believe that Hagin, Dake or any others are completely infallible? Sorry, I don't. Do you believe William Branham was scriptural in his doctrine? I SURE don't! I agree with most of what Dake taught but not all of it by any means. Am I infallible? Absolutely not but I do my best to base what I believe on the Word of God and not man's tradition. I sure don't base my doctrine

To quote Bro. Hagin, "I'm perfectly willing to wait until we get to heaven to prove to you I was right!" And just so you'll know, that is a joke! +wink

Hebrews 10:35-36
Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompence of reward. For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.

Spiritblade Disciple
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:30 pm

Great post, Jay. :angel:

Thank you for posting.

SPIRITBLADE DISCIPLE
— Luke 12:4-5 King James Version —
"And I say unto you My friends, be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do. But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear Him, which after He hath killed hath power to cast into Hell; yea, I say unto you, fear Him."

luchnia
Go Ye and Teach All Nations, Baptizing Them in the Name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost

Post by luchnia » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:30 pm

Jay wrote:

YOU SAID IT ALL.

I RECKON WHY????

All I can do is give you scriptures like I have. You CANNOT give me scriptures that say 1/3 of the angels fell in the pre-Adamite dispensation OTHER THAN TAKING A, CLEARLY FUTURE EVENT IN REV. 12, and applying it to a completely separate dispensation.

Apparently you don't agree with Dake's study on the timeline of Revelation and that is fine but if you take one piece out of the future and put it in the past, what else are you doing to the Word of God.

I don't remember Brother Hagin or any of the other instructors at Rhema teaching on Revelation, not just Rev. 12. Does that mean we don't teach it? I can think of many other things that we never had time to get to while I was at Rhema. I would have loved to have talked to Dake about the angels. We may have walked away, not having come to an agreement but then again I believe, once he really looked at the scriptures I've presented here, he would agree with me. I would also like to talk to Dake about some other things he taught. One of them he taught that I cannot find any scriptures for or even any inference is that, other than Lucifer ruling the pre-Adamite earth, other angels ruled other planets in the solar system. I've been studying the Bible for forty years and I have never seen any scripture that would support that thought.

"In the Essentials, UNITY; In the NonEssentials, LIBERTY!" There are things we must agree on to walk in fellowship. The other things we can disagree on and still walk in fellowship. If you disagree with that, that's your prerogative.

Hagin and Summerall disagreed on angels and demons. Summerall believed demons are fallen angels. Hagin believed they were different than fallen angels, being disembodied spirits of the pre-Adamite beings that Lucifer ruled over and who died in the first flood. Does that mean they could not walk in fellowship? Absolutely not! Summerall and Hagin were good friends and Summerall even taught for a week when I was at Rhema. To be honest, the Bible is not completely clear on where demons originated.

I prefer to stick to doctrine that is backed up by a minimum of two or three scriptures as we are told to do. Hagin pushed that mindset and I totally agree.

I had forgotten why I hadn't posted on this discussion board in many years. There are some great people on here but it seems that some people on here cannot discuss things without being judgmental. It would be nice if we could discuss things that we may differ on in a spirit of love and Christian fellowship. I believe that most of us on here would completely agree on the "ESSENTIALS" of the Word of God such as the virgin birth, Christ's sinless life, His death, burial and resurrection of Christ. I can promise you there are MANY "Non-Essentials" that many of us will not agree on.

Do you believe that Hagin, Dake or any others are completely infallible? Sorry, I don't. Do you believe William Branham was scriptural in his doctrine? I SURE don't! I agree with most of what Dake taught but not all of it by any means. Am I infallible? Absolutely not but I do my best to base what I believe on the Word of God and not man's tradition. I sure don't base my doctrine

To quote Bro. Hagin, "I'm perfectly willing to wait until we get to heaven to prove to you I was right!" And just so you'll know, that is a joke! +wink
I am glad to know that I am not the only one here that shares some of these similar thoughts. I never knew, Hagin, Sumerall, Branham, or many others. I have well read many of their works and many others, except not much of branham at all. The little I read and listened to of branham's, in my opinion he was way off base.

Giving scriptures and explaining one's position is about all we can do. There are some things I have a strong view on, yet I cannot support it scriptural, so it matters not so much to others as it cannot be proved one way or the other. I don't think there is any problem with respecting another person's view on the non-essentials as you put it.

When we look at the scriptures from the contextual matter things can take a slightly different view for us. As I got older that became more relevant to me and now I am not so much of a "one text wonder." As I like to slant it, the OOCer (out of contexter) :shocked!:

Word up!

Ironman

Post by Ironman » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:10 pm

"You CANNOT give me scriptures that say 1/3 of the angels fell in the pre-Adamite dispensation OTHER THAN TAKING A, CLEARLY FUTURE EVENT IN REV. 12, and applying it to a completely separate dispensation."
Sorry your wrong. Rev. 12:4, And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.

The third part of the stars mentioned here in Rev. 12:4 is symbolic of the third of God's angels that rebelled with Lucifer in the pre-Adamite rebellion, and is showing how many will be with him in the future war in Heaven under the 7th trumpet (V4. 7-12).

Here it, Lucifers rebellion, is in detail. Take particular note of numbers, 10,...11,...and 12.

Pre Adamite race, Gen. 1;1-2.
Notes from Dakes Annotated Bible.

1. God in the eternal past (Ps. 90:2; 93:2; Mic. 5:2; Heb. 9:14)
2. The drafting of God's plan (Eph. 3:11; Heb. 1::3; 11:3; 1 Pet. 1:20)
3. Creation of the heavens, including the sun, moon, and stars (Gen. 1:1; Col. 1:15-18; Ps. 8:3; 90:2; 95:5; 102:25; Isa. 40:12, 26; 45:12; 48:13)
4. Creation of the spirit-world before the creation of earth (Job 38:4-7; Col. 1:15-18)
5. Creation of the earth—made perfect the first time (Gen. 1:1; Job 38:4-7; Isa. 45:18; Heb. 11:3)
6. Creation of the world (kosmos. social order) that then was (2 Pet. 3:5-7; Isa. 14:12-14; 45:18; Jer. 4:23-26; Ez. 28:11-17)
7. Lucifer's reign over the world that then was (Isa. 14:12-14;Jer. 4:23-26; Ez. 28:11-17; Col. 1:15-18). The length of his rule is unknown.
8. Other thrones, dominions, principalities, and powers placed over other parts of the universe (Col. 1:15-18; Eph. 1:21; 3:10; 1 Pet. 3:22)
9. The kingdom of God universal—God the Supreme Moral Governor of the universe, and everything in harmony with Him (Job 38; Dan. 4:17, 25, 32, 35). The length of rule of the universal harmonious kingdom before Lucifer's rebellion is unknown.

10. Lucifer, the original ruler of the planet earth conceives an idea that he can obtain cooperation of other angelic beings, dethrone God, and become the exalted supreme ruler of the universe himself (Isa. 14: 12-14; Ez. 28:11-17; 1 Tim. 3:6).

11. Lucifer carries out his plans, falls through pride, and slanders the Almighty, causing his own subjects and over one third of God's angels (Rev. 12:7-12) to rebel against Him. The earth enters its first sinful career (Isa. 14:12-14; Ez. 28: 11-17; 1 Tim. 3:6). Length of the uprising is unknown.

12.Lucifer openly breaks relations with God and His government, leading his rebels from the appointed place of mobilization on earth into heaven in his attempt to dethrone God. He is met by Michael and the faithful angels and is defeated, being cast as lightning back to the earth (Isa. 14:12-14; Ez. 28:11-17; Lk. 10:18).

13.God destroys Lucifer's kingdom on earth completely, and curses the earth by destroying every bird, animal, fish, city, inhabitant, and all vegetation. He then turns the earth upside down, and by means of a great flood makes it empty and a waste (Gen. 1:2; Ps. 104:5-9; Isa. 14:12-14; Jer. 4:23-

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

luchnia
Go Ye and Teach All Nations, Baptizing Them in the Name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost

Post by luchnia » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:04 am

Ironman wrote:
"You CANNOT give me scriptures that say 1/3 of the angels fell in the pre-Adamite dispensation OTHER THAN TAKING A, CLEARLY FUTURE EVENT IN REV. 12, and applying it to a completely separate dispensation."
Sorry your wrong. Rev. 12:4, And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.

The third part of the stars mentioned here in Rev. 12:4 is symbolic of the third of God's angels that rebelled with Lucifer in the pre-Adamite rebellion, and is showing how many will be with him in the future war in Heaven under the 7th trumpet (V4. 7-12).
Jay can correct me if I am wrong on this, however I think the point he is trying to make is that you cannot take scriptures and prove this.

You can take notes from various folks like Dake and assume this is the case, but there is nothing in scripture that clearly states this is what happened at the time frame in question. You can compile scriptures of the various events and speculate this may have been what happened of which I think we (Dakites) believe that was what occurred.

The text in Revelation does not indicate exactly the "when" or specific details of this event. I think most of us agree with Dake's view on it, yet none of us can prove it from Scripture and it may be that we are completely wrong about this event. We simply do not know.

Word up!

branham1965

Post by branham1965 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:17 pm

:angel: :angel: :angel:

Ironman wrote:

Here it, Lucifers rebellion, is in detail. Take particular note of numbers, 10,...11,...and 12.

Pre Adamite race, Gen. 1;1-2.
Notes from Dakes Annotated Bible.

1. God in the eternal past (Ps. 90:2; 93:2; Mic. 5:2; Heb. 9:14)
2. The drafting of God's plan (Eph. 3:11; Heb. 1::3; 11:3; 1 Pet. 1:20)
3. Creation of the heavens, including the sun, moon, and stars (Gen. 1:1; Col. 1:15-18; Ps. 8:3; 90:2; 95:5; 102:25; Isa. 40:12, 26; 45:12; 48:13)
4. Creation of the spirit-world before the creation of earth (Job 38:4-7; Col. 1:15-18)
5. Creation of the earth—made perfect the first time (Gen. 1:1; Job 38:4-7; Isa. 45:18; Heb. 11:3)
6. Creation of the world (kosmos. social order) that then was (2 Pet. 3:5-7; Isa. 14:12-14; 45:18; Jer. 4:23-26; Ez. 28:11-17)
7. Lucifer's reign over the world that then was (Isa. 14:12-14;Jer. 4:23-26; Ez. 28:11-17; Col. 1:15-18). The length of his rule is unknown.
8. Other thrones, dominions, principalities, and powers placed over other parts of the universe (Col. 1:15-18; Eph. 1:21; 3:10; 1 Pet. 3:22)
9. The kingdom of God universal—God the Supreme Moral Governor of the universe, and everything in harmony with Him (Job 38; Dan. 4:17, 25, 32, 35). The length of rule of the universal harmonious kingdom before Lucifer's rebellion is unknown.

10. Lucifer, the original ruler of the planet earth conceives an idea that he can obtain cooperation of other angelic beings, dethrone God, and become the exalted supreme ruler of the universe himself (Isa. 14: 12-14; Ez. 28:11-17; 1 Tim. 3:6).

11. Lucifer carries out his plans, falls through pride, and slanders the Almighty, causing his own subjects and over one third of God's angels (Rev. 12:7-12) to rebel against Him. The earth enters its first sinful career (Isa. 14:12-14; Ez. 28: 11-17; 1 Tim. 3:6). Length of the uprising is unknown.

12.Lucifer openly breaks relations with God and His government, leading his rebels from the appointed place of mobilization on earth into heaven in his attempt to dethrone God. He is met by Michael and the faithful angels and is defeated, being cast as lightning back to the earth (Isa. 14:12-14; Ez. 28:11-17; Lk. 10:18).

13.God destroys Lucifer's kingdom on earth completely, and curses the earth by destroying every bird, animal, fish, city, inhabitant, and all vegetation. He then turns the earth upside down, and by means of a great flood makes it empty and a waste (Gen. 1:2; Ps. 104:5-9; Isa. 14:12-14; Jer. 4:23-

branham1965

Post by branham1965 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:32 pm

Jay,

I apologize for my CAPS.

I mean no offence.

Jay wrote:

YOU SAID IT ALL.

I RECKON WHY????

Spiritblade Disciple

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:01 pm

Ironman wrote:
Sorry your wrong. [because of these] Notes from Dakes Annotated Bible.
  • 10. Lucifer, the original ruler of the planet earth conceives an idea that he can obtain cooperation of other angelic beings, dethrone God, and become the exalted supreme ruler of the universe himself (Isa. 14: 12-14; Ez. 28:11-17; 1 Tim. 3:6).

I think Dake has a great line of thought on this subject. However, I do agree with Jay that Revelation 12 is future.

So, saying that these notes prove Jay wrong doesn't help because these notes do not explain why Dake's position that Revelation 12:7-12 can apply to rebellion of the angels before Adam was created.

Sure Dake says that it applies, but why did he think that it applies?

Please, prove with clear, in context, scripture from the Bible that Revelation 12:7-12 can apply to a time before Adam.

SPIRITBLADE DISCIPLE
— Luke 12:4-5 King James Version —
"And I say unto you My friends, be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do. But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear Him, which after He hath killed hath power to cast into Hell; yea, I say unto you, fear Him."