Dake Bible Discussion BoardMen that follow their own spirit

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
luchnia
The Lord Jesus Christ Has Received All Power in Heaven and in Earth

Men that follow their own spirit

Post by luchnia » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:04 am

"To me, it is wrong to honor any man I am not qualified to criticize."
This was posted on one of the other threads but is a good lead into the subject of men following their own spirit.

We are not to believe everything. Any man of God that is not willing to criticize is subject to fall for anything and everything that come from the mouths of men. No wonder we are warned to watch out for doctrines of devils.

All of God's saints are required to do this very thing and it is fully supported in God's word. We must prove all things. This would make a great sermon, yet you probably will rarely, if ever hear, as men do not like to be tested on what they say.

Many follow their own spirit today as was in the days of old with the false prophets. Read chapter 13 of Ezekiel and notice these prophets following their own hearts and not the Lord. The Lord says basically that He has not spoken what they speak. What they speak came from vanity and lying divination and they prophecy out of their own hearts.

The Lord did not send them. The Lord has not sent many today that chase their own spirit and claim to be sent by Him.

Ezekiel 13 1-7 1 And the word of the LORD came unto me, saying, 2Son of man, prophesy against the prophets of Israel that prophesy, and say thou unto them that prophesy out of their own hearts, Hear ye the word of the LORD; 3Thus saith the Lord GOD; Woe unto the foolish prophets, that follow their own spirit, and have seen nothing! 4O Israel, thy prophets are like the foxes in the deserts. 5Ye have not gone up into the gaps, neither made up the hedge for the house of Israel to stand in the battle in the day of the LORD. 6They have seen vanity and lying divination, saying, The LORD saith: and the LORD hath not sent them: and they have made others to hope that they would confirm the word. 7Have ye not seen a vain vision, and have ye not spoken a lying divination, whereas ye say, The LORD saith it; albeit I have not spoken?

Word up!

Spiritblade Disciple
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: Men that follow their own spirit

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:04 am

Good post. :angel:

SPIRITBLADE DISCIPLE
— Luke 12:4-5 King James Version —
"And I say unto you My friends, be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do. But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear Him, which after He hath killed hath power to cast into Hell; yea, I say unto you, fear Him."

luchnia
The Lord Jesus Christ Has Received All Power in Heaven and in Earth

Re: Men that follow their own spirit

Post by luchnia » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:36 pm

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:Good post. :angel:
This topic brings additional thoughts to mind.

Even more today, I realize that part of honoring a person is all about being able to test their "steel". What they are made of. We have known great men and their steadfastness, endurance, and wisdom, and how those character qualities boil to the surface when they are tried. They are not afraid of doctrinal testing or instruction in righteousness, they recognize the source and they even welcome it which demonstrates wisdom from on high.

When you think about the men whom you admire the most, doesn't this hold true? There are so many preachers and teachers out there today that stand high atop their untouchable thrones by their own standards. Those are the ones I least admire. When you hear the words like, "Let me tell you" or "Let me show you" or "I have the truth" or "I" this or that, it is time to throw up the caution flag.

Outside of Jesus, I think I would so enjoy meeting Enoch. A man who believed himself translated! Can we even begin to imagine that type of trust!

Word up!