Dake Bible Discussion BoardGospel from men or the gospel from God?

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
luchnia
If Ye Shall Ask Any Thing in My Name, I Will Do It

Gospel from men or the gospel from God?

Postby luchnia » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:40 am

Paul addresses the fact that he did not receive the gospel from men. It was revealed from God. Men today often proclaim some special insight or teach things as if they have some revelation knowledge to add to God's word - a very different thought than what Paul portrays to the Galatians.

Galatians 1:10-12 (KJV)
10 For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.
11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.
12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

What can we glean from Paul's experience?
1. He had no care to please men.
2. He knew if he strived to please men, he would not be serving Jesus.
3. He was not taught the gospel from men.
4. The gospel he preached was not from men.
5. He received the gospel from Jesus.
6. He sought to serve Christ.

Word up!

Ironman
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: Gospel from men or the gospel from God?

Postby Ironman » Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:51 pm

And;
Matthew 16:13-17,
v. 13, When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?
14, And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets.
15, He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?
16, And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
17, And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

Have I become your enemy, because I tell you the truth.

I'll be a fool for truth's sake. Truth is fallen in the street. I wont pass it by. I'll pick it up and embrace it regardless of the costs.

luchnia
If Ye Shall Ask Any Thing in My Name, I Will Do It

Re: Gospel from men or the gospel from God?

Postby luchnia » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:19 pm

Ironman wrote:And;
Matthew 16:13-17,
v. 13, When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?
14, And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets.
15, He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?
16, And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
17, And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

Good post!

Word up!

Return to “Dake Bible Discussion Board”