Dake Bible Discussion BoardMartin Luther

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: Martin Luther

Post by branham1965 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:57 am

Reformer John Calvin burned his opponent Michael Servetus at the stake.

They took their religion very very seriously in those days.

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:09 am

I know that all these men have feet of clay.

And i do not care to investigate the faults of the Lord's Reformers or Generals etc.
I have too many of my own. +waveRunner

branham1965 wrote:Reformer John Calvin burned his opponent Michael Servetus at the stake.

Ironman

Post by Ironman » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:15 pm

branham1965 wrote:I know that all these men have feet of clay.

And i do not care to investigate the faults of the Lord's Reformers or Generals etc.

Well said mate, me too, :angel: :angel: :angel:

branham1965 wrote:Reformer John Calvin burned his opponent Michael Servetus at the stake.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

branham1965

Post by branham1965 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:30 pm

Hey Haz.

did you forget to post mate :scrambleup:
Ironman wrote:

Ironman

Post by Ironman » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:39 pm

branham1965 wrote:Hey Haz.

Ironman wrote:

No mate, I'm through with this thread and in future any other thread that slam dunks men, who God has used to further His Work.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

branham1965

Post by branham1965 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:02 pm

You are right.

Forgive my lightness about this.

Ironman wrote:
branham1965 wrote:Hey Haz.

Ironman wrote:

No mate, I'm through with this thread and in future any other thread that slam dunks men, who God has used to further His Work.

Spiritblade Disciple

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:38 pm

That's putting it mildly.

SPIRITBLADE DISCIPLE
— Luke 12:4-5 King James Version —
"And I say unto you My friends, be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do. But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear Him, which after He hath killed hath power to cast into Hell; yea, I say unto you, fear Him."

Spiritblade Disciple

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:43 pm

branham1965 wrote:And i do not care to investigate the faults of the Lord's Reformers or Generals etc.
I have too many of my own.
Interesting perspective, however I think if we're going to recognize them as "the Lord's Reformers or Generals ect." we might not be wise to overlook their shortcomings, flaws, faults, and outright failures. Such "Reformers" or "Generals" should be held to an higher standard.

SPIRITBLADE DISCIPLE
— Luke 12:4-5 King James Version —
"And I say unto you My friends, be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do. But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear Him, which after He hath killed hath power to cast into Hell; yea, I say unto you, fear Him."

luchnia
Go Ye and Teach All Nations, Baptizing Them in the Name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost

Post by luchnia » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:25 pm

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
branham1965 wrote:And i do not care to investigate the faults of the Lord's Reformers or Generals etc.
Interesting perspective, however I think if we're going to recognize them as "the Lord's Reformers or Generals ect." we might not be wise to overlook their shortcomings, flaws, faults, and outright failures. Such "Reformers" or "Generals" should be held to an higher standard.
David is an interesting case study of this very thing and the Word of God did not overlook what was needed to be recorded about David. I must be cautious because in NO way would I compare the so-called generals since biblical times a comparison to David. We could go on to Moses and others as well. The history of these men is fantastic and at times even hard to imagine.

Men that have done things since biblical times are tagged by men as this or that which is not always a level set assessment. If one is willing to do their homework and study the doctrines, they often will be surprised. What scriptural tapeline defines a "Lord's reformer" or "General"? Is the no name man that loves God and walks in obedience a "Lord's general"?

Word up!

Ironman

Post by Ironman » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:12 pm

luchnia wrote:
Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
David is an interesting case study of this very thing and the Word of God did not overlook what was needed to be recorded about David. I must be cautious because in NO way would I compare the so-called generals since biblical times a comparison to David. We could go on to Moses and others as well. The history of these men is fantastic and at times even hard to imagine.

Men that have done things since biblical times are tagged by men as this or that which is not always a level set assessment. If one is willing to do their homework and study the doctrines, they often will be surprised. What scriptural tapeline defines a "Lord's reformer" or "General"? Is the no name man that loves God and walks in obedience a "Lord's general"?

No one is perfect, even the greatest men of God. Moses murdered a man, Exodus 2:11-15;

11, And it came to pass in those days, when Moses was grown, that he went out unto his brethren, and looked on their burdens: and he spied an Egyptian smiting an Hebrew, one of his brethren.
12, And he looked this way and that way, and when he saw that there was no man, he slew the Egyptian, and hid him in the sand.
13, And when he went out the second day, behold, two men of the Hebrews strove together: and he said to him that did the wrong, Wherefore smitest thou thy fellow?
14, And he said, Who made thee a prince and a judge over us? intendest thou to kill me, as thou killedst the Egyptian? And Moses feared, and said, Surely this thing is known.
15, Now when Pharaoh heard this thing, he sought to slay Moses. But Moses fled from the face of Pharaoh, and dwelt in the land of Midian: and he sat down by a well.

David, what can we say, another great man of God, in fact God said David was a man of my own heart.Acts 13:22, yet David lusted after another mans wife, he then comitted adultery with her, he then arranged to have her husband killed to cover his sin.

Makes Martin Luther and other great men of God look like novices. How about we let God be their judge and thank Him for the good they all did.