Dake Bible Discussion BoardThe gospel verses the truth - Acts 16

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: The gospel verses the truth - Acts 16

Post by branham1965 »

I do not want to do this anymore.I am a 56 year old grown man.

The constant fussing and bickering and bantering on here is not right.

I am tired of it.

luchnia wrote:
branham1965 wrote:Please listen to me

The devil was testifying through her!!!

SHE WAS NOT A PREACHER!!!! SHE SERVED THE SNAKE GOD THE PYTHON AND TOLD FORTUNES BY THE DEVIL.

Like the devil possessed who cried out to Jesus "i know who you are the Holy One of God".

sighs.
Where do you get this stuff from?

She spoke the truth via a devil, pure and simple. She made a public proclamation (preached) for several days before Paul cast a devil out of her.

Here is the scripture for you once again: "The same followed Paul and us, and cried, saying, These men are the servants of the most high God, which shew unto us the way of salvation." <- - - - - which part of this is a lie?

luchnia
Shall Not He that Spared Not His Own Son Freely Give Us All Things?

Post by luchnia »

branham1965 wrote:Thanks for the info.

I checked out the Dake and Macarthur's.
Dake states it is a spirit of python? Can you give me the location of his text on this?

Word up!

luchnia

Post by luchnia »

luchnia wrote:

I found the notes in Leon's post.

Word up!

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

ok..

note s on Acts 16:16 spirit of python...

luchnia wrote:

Dake states it is a spirit of python? Can you give me the location of his text on this?

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

branham1965 wrote:ok..

luchnia wrote:

GW Pember also talks about this as a "Pythonic spirit" in his book Earth's Earliest Ages onpage 206.

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

luchnia

Post by luchnia »

bibleman wrote:

luchnia wrote:

GW Pember also talks about this as a "Pythonic spirit" in his book Earth's Earliest Ages onpage 206.
Good additional information even though there is no biblical evidence the spirit was a spirit called python. I have read those Dake notes but did not remember them at all. That is what happens when gravity and age gets to you. :smile:

All of that information still doesn't change the fact that by the spirit of divination she was preaching the truth about Paul and the guys for many days which seems to raise an eyebrow or two. Intelligent demons as Dake points out in DPFM. :mrgreen:

Word up!

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

luchnia wrote:
bibleman wrote:

luchnia wrote:

Good additional information even though there is no biblical evidence the spirit was a spirit called python. I have read those Dake notes but did not remember them at all. That is what happens when gravity and age gets to you. :smile:

All of that information still doesn't change the fact that by the spirit of divination she was preaching the truth about Paul and the guys for many days which seems to raise an eyebrow or two. Intelligent demons as Dake points out in DPFM. :mrgreen:
Why would this not be Biblical evidence from both of these Greek dictionaries?
from Putho (the name of the region where Delphi, the seat of the famous oracle, was located); a Python, i.e. (by analogy with the supposed diviner there) inspiration (soothsaying) :- divination. James Strong

1. in Greek mythology the name of the Pythian serpent or dragon that dwelt in the region of Pytho at the foot of Parnassus in Phocis, and was said to have guarded the oracle of Delphi and been slain by Apollo. J. H. Thayer

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

I think wires got really crossed on this thread.

I am not faulting anyone.

But i think we might have misunderstood each other.

:morning: :morning:

luchnia

Post by luchnia »

bibleman wrote:

Why would this not be Biblical evidence from both of these Greek dictionaries?
from Putho (the name of the region where Delphi, the seat of the famous oracle, was located); a Python, i.e. (by analogy with the supposed diviner there) inspiration (soothsaying) :- divination. James Strong

1. in Greek mythology the name of the Pythian serpent or dragon that dwelt in the region of Pytho at the foot of Parnassus in Phocis, and was said to have guarded the oracle of Delphi and been slain by Apollo. J. H. Thayer
When I get a few moments to spare I would love to go back and look at the greek text to see what words they are using in that phrase to come to this conclusion. If the transliteration is "spirit of pytho" then that is more along the lines of where the devil came from and is what we have to go by.

From what we see of how the demons operate, we can certainly see a demon imitating something that wasn't even real, made of stone by men's hands and worshiped from men as something real. God had to deal with that often.

Word up!

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

Read Lester Sumrall's life story.

He can tell some real testimonies.One involves a snake testimony.