Dake Bible Discussion BoardThe gospel verses the truth - Acts 16

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
luchnia
Shall Not He that Spared Not His Own Son Freely Give Us All Things?

Re: The gospel verses the truth - Acts 16

Post by luchnia »

branham1965 wrote: And set your self up as the one loyal to "God's Word".
I will rephrase the statement you posted so it can be true of me as well as others that love God and are hungry for His Word. Set up as one who is a student of God's word.

Word up!

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

I POSTED ABOUT DAD HAGIN ON YOUTUBE AND YOU MADE A CHIDE COMMENT ABOUT IT.

EVERY TIME I COMMENT OR POST YOU HAVE A SLY REMARK.

THE LORD HAS PUT APOSTLES,PROPHETS,EVANGELISTS,PASTORS AND TEACHERS IN THE CHURCH.EPHESIANS 4.

WHY NOT FOLLOW GOD'S WORD +wink2 AND SUBMIT YOURSELF AND LISTEN TO DAD HAGIN,LESTER SUMRALL OR REVEREND DAKE.ALL 3 (AND MANY OTHERS)WERE ENDOWED BY THE LORD JESUS CHRIST TO BE MINISTRY GIFTS TO THE CHURCH.

[ quote="luchnia"]
branham1965 wrote: And set your self up as the one loyal to "God's Word".
I will rephrase the statement you posted so it can be true of me as well as others that love God and are hungry for His Word. Set up as one who is a student of God's word.[/quote]

luchnia

Post by luchnia »

branham1965 wrote:WHY NOT FOLLOW GOD'S WORD +wink2 AND SUBMIT YOURSELF AND LISTEN TO DAD HAGIN,LESTER SUMRALL OR REVEREND DAKE.ALL 3 (AND MANY OTHERS)WERE ENDOWED BY THE LORD JESUS CHRIST TO BE MINISTRY GIFTS TO THE CHURCH.
I merely stated "whatever floats your boat" meaning believe and follow what you will. That is your right to do as you wish. If you do not want to support your view with God's word that is up to you. Accusing me of something not true is of no benefit to anyone here and is not the subject.

I have NO issue with Hagin, Sumrall, Dake, or others. What is the problem with you supporting YOUR views with God's word? That is really all that is being asked here. If you don't want to do that, OK. I respect that, whether I agree or not.

Back to the point. This is about Acts 16 and not about what I believe about Dake, Hagin, Sumrall, or other men. If you want to post a thread to discuss those things, do so.

Ponder this for a few moments; What if every time that I posted, instead of giving God's word, I gave you a man's name, or a video to watch, for you to believe rather than God's word?

Word up!

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

DO YOU RESPECT ANY OF THOSE MEN.THEN WHY ARE YOU AFRAID TO LISTEN TO THEM????

I TELL YOU WHAT YOU PICK ANY TOPIC YOU THINK I AM OFF ON AND I WILL

DEFEND MYSELF WITH THE BIBLE = BY BOOK ,CHAPTER AND VERSE.

ARE YOU READY????

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

YOU keep saying for me to follow God's Word.

But you are not specific.Just vague and general about it.

What exactly should i follow it about???

Be more specific please.

luchnia

Post by luchnia »

Getting back on track with God's word.
Acts 16:16-24 (KJV)
16 And it came to pass, as we went to prayer, a certain damsel possessed with a spirit of divination met us, which brought her masters much gain by soothsaying:
17 The same followed Paul and us, and cried, saying, These men are the servants of the most high God, which shew unto us the way of salvation.
18 And this did she many days. But Paul, being grieved, turned and said to the spirit, I command thee in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her. And he came out the same hour.
19 And when her masters saw that the hope of their gains was gone, they caught Paul and Silas, and drew them into the marketplace unto the rulers,
  • Facts that we have from God's word are:
    Damsel was possessed with this spirit of divination (there may have been others in the area - an unknown from the text).
    The damsel brought her masters much gain by soothsaying.
    She followed Paul and the other men preaching the truth about the men.
    She did it for many days (We do not know how many).
    Paul was grieved and spoke directly to the spirit.
    The spirit left the same hour that Paul commanded it to leave (We do not know where it went).
    The gainsayers caught Paul and Silas.
We can easily learn from this that this demon spoke the truth. The greek translates it as a spirit of a fake mythical beast. Demons are no less than brilliant on many fronts. One must be wise to discern when there is a demon, where there is only evil influence, and when there is simply ignorance of the events that occurred.

Word up!

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

That is a scholarly post. :angel: :angel:

luchnia

Post by luchnia »

branham1965 wrote:I was writing something on this from me ....but i decided no way. Not this time.No way. :-|

Charles Haddon Spurgeon the prince of Preachers had little use for people who refused to read and learn from other authors.

Only a block head or an egomaniac does not try to learn from others .

If i use my Cruden's Concordance or run the references in my Bible i am depending on others.

In reading my translations whether ASV,KJV ,NKJV,NASB ,ESV

MEV,AMPLIFIED, etc...i am depending on others.
I 100% agree. We should use all the sources available to us and learning from others is great.

The main caveat is that what we learn from others should never supersede, mis-align, or be taken before what God has given. Many put what they learn from others above God's word which presents those sources as being truth rather than the one who is the Truth.

In other words, if it don't line up with God's word, discard it and do not make it faith. Faith comes by hearing God's word. Dake implied how simple God's word actually is. Many over the centuries have made it a complex mess and today is no different. God's word warns of this.

The men of God would not fall for anything other than the source and being labeled "ignorant and unlearned" did not thwart them whatsoever. They remained true to the creator. Acts chapter 4 verse 5-22 is a great example.

Word up!

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

luchnia,

I agree with your post below. :angel:

luchnia wrote:
branham1965 wrote:I was writing something on this from me ....but i decided no way. Not this time.No way. :-|

Charles Haddon Spurgeon the prince of Preachers had little use for people who refused to read and learn from other authors.

If i use my Cruden's Concordance or run the references in my Bible i am depending on others.

I 100% agree. We should use all the sources available to us and learning from others is great.

The main caveat is that what we learn from others should never supersede, mis-align, or be taken before what God has given. Many put what they learn from others above God's word which presents those sources as being truth rather than the one who is the Truth.

In other words, if it don't line up with God's word, discard it and do not make it faith. Faith comes by hearing God's word. Dake implied how simple God's word actually is. Many over the centuries have made it a complex mess and today is no different. God's word warns of this.

The men of God would not fall for anything other than the source and being labeled "ignorant and unlearned" did not thwart them whatsoever. They remained true to the creator. Acts chapter 4 verse 5-22 is a great example.

luchnia

Post by luchnia »

branham1965 wrote:Somehow i completely misunderstood you. It was not intentional.

I agree with your post :angel: :angel:

Thank you.
luchnia wrote:

It is probably the way I type my post. I have been trying to figure out a way to better communicate so that my post are perceived with the intent in which they are sent.

I think we can read into things that may or may not be the intent - I know I can do that if I am not extremely careful. Forums lack the characteristics and mannerisms of talking to one another which I have found over the years to be rather annoying when trying to figure out what one is implying. The personal touch is simply not there. We do the best we can with this type of media.

Word up!