Dake Bible Discussion BoardDont deny the Holocaust.

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: Dont deny the Holocaust.

Post by branham1965 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:14 pm

:angel: :angel: :angel:
Ironman wrote:
Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Ironman wrote:... God's people, the Jews ...
Why call them that?

If they were God's people, they would have worshipped His Christ.
They are God's chosen people, no doubt about it.

God’s Word affirms that the Jews are God’s chosen people: “You are a people holy to the Lord your God. The Lord your God has chosen you out of all the peoples on the face of the earth to be his people, his treasured possession” (Deuteronomy 7:6). From eternity past God knew that He would need to be born into the human race in order to save us from the spiritually dead condition that we were in (Ephesians 1—2; Genesis 3). God had planned from the beginning to be born into a very small nation or race of people called the Jews. The Old Testament tells the story of how God set about creating, distinguishing, and preserving that race.

The saddest story in the Bible is the story of the Jews rejecting their own Messiah. After spending millennia desperately waiting and anticipating His arrival, most Jews didn't recognize Him. The Jews of Jesus' time had studied the Old Testament Scriptures and knew who the Messiah was supposed to be: a political leader that expelled their enemies out of their territory, re-established the Jewish nation, and brought peace and prosperity back to God's chosen people. But that is not what Jesus came for. Although the prophecies of political peace are yet to be fulfilled in the millennial kingdom, Jesus' purpose on earth was to bring personal peace between people and God. Even more shocking, that peace was to be offered to the Gentiles just as freely as to the Jews, and they didnt like that one bit.

The Jews rejected Jesus as Messiah because it was absolutely inconceivable to them that God came down as a man and dwelt among them. It was impossible that God should have a physical form, and complete heresy for any man to claim He was God. Their pride in their strict adherence to the law of the Old Testament blinded them to Who Jesus is.

All that being said, the Jews are God’s chosen people: “You are a people holy to the Lord your God. The Lord your God has chosen you out of all the peoples on the face of the earth to be his people, his treasured possession” (Deuteronomy 7:6).

Spiritblade Disciple
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:21 pm

Ironman wrote:Their pride in their strict adherence to the law of the Old Testament blinded them to Who Jesus is.
To me, this is nonsense.

If they would have believed Moses, they would have believed in Christ. In fact, Moses is their accuser!

See John 5:45-46.

Luke 12:4‭-‬5 King James Version
"And I say unto you my friends, be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do. But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear Him, which after He hath killed hath power to cast into Hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear Him."

Ironman

Post by Ironman » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:22 pm

branham1965 wrote::angel: :angel: :angel:
Ironman wrote:
Ironman wrote:... God's people, the Jews ...
Why call them that?

If they were God's people, they would have worshipped His Christ.
They are God's chosen people, no doubt about it.

God’s Word affirms that the Jews are God’s chosen people: “You are a people holy to the Lord your God. The Lord your God has chosen you out of all the peoples on the face of the earth to be his people, his treasured possession” (Deuteronomy 7:6). From eternity past God knew that He would need to be born into the human race in order to save us from the spiritually dead condition that we were in (Ephesians 1—2; Genesis 3). God had planned from the beginning to be born into a very small nation or race of people called the Jews. The Old Testament tells the story of how God set about creating, distinguishing, and preserving that race.

The saddest story in the Bible is the story of the Jews rejecting their own Messiah. After spending millennia desperately waiting and anticipating His arrival, most Jews didn't recognize Him. The Jews of Jesus' time had studied the Old Testament Scriptures and knew who the Messiah was supposed to be: a political leader that expelled their enemies out of their territory, re-established the Jewish nation, and brought peace and prosperity back to God's chosen people. But that is not what Jesus came for. Although the prophecies of political peace are yet to be fulfilled in the millennial kingdom, Jesus' purpose on earth was to bring personal peace between people and God. Even more shocking, that peace was to be offered to the Gentiles just as freely as to the Jews, and they didnt like that one bit.

The Jews rejected Jesus as Messiah because it was absolutely inconceivable to them that God came down as a man and dwelt among them. It was impossible that God should have a physical form, and complete heresy for any man to claim He was God. Their pride in their strict adherence to the law of the Old Testament blinded them to Who Jesus is.

All that being said, the Jews are God’s chosen people: “You are a people holy to the Lord your God. The Lord your God has chosen you out of all the peoples on the face of the earth to be his people, his treasured possession” (Deuteronomy 7:6).
Thanks mate, our eyes are open, many are peering through a dark glass.

I'm going to crack a cold beer and relax, its 90 deg. F here now. Thank God for air conditioning. :angel: :angel: :angel:

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Ironman

Post by Ironman » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:30 pm

Ironman wrote:Their pride in their strict adherence to the law of the Old Testament blinded them to Who Jesus is.
To me, this is nonsense.

If they would have believed Moses, they would have believed in Christ. In fact, Moses is their accuser!

No, Moses is not their accuser, he was the one God gave the commandments to. You sure are lost mate, where do you get this rubbish, not from the Word of God that's for sure.

The Jews rejected Jesus because God blinded them. Since their release from Babylon, the Jews had been faithful worshippers of God. They knew the law and followed it. They waited expectantly for God's Messiah—a military leader who would herald a new age of prosperity. Something about that mindset made it historically imperative that belief in Jesus should not take hold over the Jewish population. Perhaps it would have curtailed the spread of the gospel to the Gentiles. Or maybe the in-place religious and political leaders would have influenced the budding Christianity too much.

Paul says in Romans 9:30-33: 30, What shall we say then? That the Gentiles, which followed not after righteousness, have attained to righteousness, even the righteousness which is of faith.
31, But Israel, which followed after the law of righteousness, hath not attained to the law of righteousness.
32, Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumblingstone;
33, As it is written, Behold, I lay in Sion a stumblingstone and rock of offence: and whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

Most Jews today still reject Jesus, taking old habits and justifying them with modern philosophies. If there is no sin nature, there is no need for a sacrifice purer than human effort and intent. "Messiah" no longer means a single person, but a force through history that will revenge the Jewish people and restore Israel as a mighty power. If Jews had followed Jesus' pacifist ways, there would be no more Jews. There is also a great deal of tension regarding Jews and the crucifixion of Jesus. Many from the Christian church have blamed Jews, most viciously, for Jesus' horrible death. This is erroneous, as Jesus voluntarily laid down His life as a sacrifice for the sin of all mankind.
Still, not all Jews, then or now, reject Jesus. The apostles were Jewish, and it's estimated that there are a quarter-million Messianic Jews in the U.S. today. And Israel as a nation still has a role to play. In the millennial kingdom, God will once again look to Jews to be His chosen people. Jews will flock to Israel (Ezekiel 34:11-13). They will come to accept Jesus as their Messiah (Zechariah 12:10). God will restore their relationship with Him (Ezekiel 11:17). And Jesus will rule the world from Jerusalem (Isaiah 2:4), bringing peace to the nations (Isaiah 11:6-9). The Jews' rejection of Jesus is only until the "fullness of the Gentiles has come in" (Romans 11:25). May that be soon.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

branham1965

Post by branham1965 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:32 pm

Roger,

When you were moderator you looked out for my sorry behind. Thank you .

What kind of end time view do you hold now???

I am trying to be cool here.

Is it Saint Augustine's the City of God or what is it??

PLEASE share.
To me, this is nonsense.

Spiritblade Disciple

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:33 pm

Ironman wrote:Thanks mate, our eyes are open, many are peering through a dark glass.
:mrgreen: This is hilarious in light of 2nd Corinthians 3:12-16 and 1st Corinthians 13:12.

"And I say unto you my friends, be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do. But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear Him, which after He hath killed hath power to cast into Hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear Him."

branham1965

Post by branham1965 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:33 pm

THAT IS WHAT I LEARNED IN WARREN. :angel:

Ironman wrote:
To me, this is nonsense.

No, Moses is not their accuser, he was the one God gave the commandments to. You sure are lost mate, where do you get this rubbish, not from the Word of God that's for sure.

The Jews rejected Jesus because God blinded them. Since their release from Babylon, the Jews had been faithful worshippers of God. They knew the law and followed it. They waited expectantly for God's Messiah—a military leader who would herald a new age of prosperity. Something about that mindset made it historically imperative that belief in Jesus should not take hold over the Jewish population. Perhaps it would have curtailed the spread of the gospel to the Gentiles. Or maybe the in-place religious and political leaders would have influenced the budding Christianity too much.

Paul says in Romans 9:30-33: 30, What shall we say then? That the Gentiles, which followed not after righteousness, have attained to righteousness, even the righteousness which is of faith.
31, But Israel, which followed after the law of righteousness, hath not attained to the law of righteousness.
32, Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumblingstone;
33, As it is written, Behold, I lay in Sion a stumblingstone and rock of offence: and whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

Most Jews today still reject Jesus, taking old habits and justifying them with modern philosophies. If there is no sin nature, there is no need for a sacrifice purer than human effort and intent. "Messiah" no longer means a single person, but a force through history that will revenge the Jewish people and restore Israel as a mighty power. If Jews had followed Jesus' pacifist ways, there would be no more Jews. There is also a great deal of tension regarding Jews and the crucifixion of Jesus. Many from the Christian church have blamed Jews, most viciously, for Jesus' horrible death. This is erroneous, as Jesus voluntarily laid down His life as a sacrifice for the sin of all mankind.
Still, not all Jews, then or now, reject Jesus. The apostles were Jewish, and it's estimated that there are a quarter-million Messianic Jews in the U.S. today. And Israel as a nation still has a role to play. In the millennial kingdom, God will once again look to Jews to be His chosen people. Jews will flock to Israel (Ezekiel 34:11-13). They will come to accept Jesus as their Messiah (Zechariah 12:10). God will restore their relationship with Him (Ezekiel 11:17). And Jesus will rule the world from Jerusalem (Isaiah 2:4), bringing peace to the nations (Isaiah 11:6-9). The Jews' rejection of Jesus is only until the "fullness of the Gentiles has come in" (Romans 11:25). May that be soon.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:36 pm

When i was a member of the Church of Christ in the 1980's

They taught that natural Israel was no longer in the Plan of God.

They taught AMILLENNIALISM .

Is that your view now???
Ironman wrote:Thanks mate, our eyes are open, many are peering through a dark glass.
:mrgreen: This is hilarious in light of 2nd Corinthians 3:12-16 and 1st Corinthians 13:12.
Last edited by branham1965 on Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Spiritblade Disciple

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:41 pm

Ironman wrote:
To me, this is nonsense.

I take it that you don't recognize John 5:45-46 as the Word of God?

branham1965

Post by branham1965 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:50 pm

Does that nullify Romans 11???

ARE YOU SAYING YOUR PASTOR IN BIBLE COLLEGE AND REVEREND FINIS JENNINGS DAKE AND PASTOR PARSLEY AND RICH NATHAN ARE ALL IN ERROR!!!!!

THERE WERE TWO INCREDIBLE MIGHTY PASTORS ON HERE.

1.THE REVEREND LEON BIBLE THE TOP DAKE SCHOLAR ON THE EARTH.

2.REVEREND REUBEN EGOLF

DO YOU FEEL WHAT YOU ARE DOING IS HELPING YOU OR HURTING YOU???????????