Dake Bible Discussion BoardWhat We Believe

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

What We Believe

Post by branham1965 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:33 am

This is printed on the weekly brochure of the Church i attend.

( What We Believe )

We believe the Bible is the inspired Word of God;that there is one Lord ,one Faith and one Baptism; and that the name of the Lord is JESUS.

In order to obtain salvation,we believe an individual must be born of the water and of the Spirit by being baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ for the remission of sin and being filled with the Holy Ghost ,with the evidence of speaking in other tongues as the Spirit of God gives the utterance.

+jesussign

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: What We Believe

Post by branham1965 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:42 am

I mean no offence towards any on here.

The Lord helped me greatly in the above Apostolic Church.

Spiritblade Disciple

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:06 am

Interesting perspective.

"Behold, He cometh with clouds; and EVERY EYE SHALL SEE HIM, and they also which pierced Him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of Him. Even so, Amen."
— Revelation 1:7 (King James Version)

branham1965

Post by branham1965 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:21 pm

Yes.It is interesting for sure. :onfire: +dove +cross

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:Interesting perspective.

Spiritblade Disciple

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:24 pm

The idea that both water baptism and tongue-speaking are required for salvation means that there are many who aren't saved.

"Behold, He cometh with clouds; and EVERY EYE SHALL SEE HIM, and they also which pierced Him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of Him. Even so, Amen."

luchnia
Tarry Until Ye Be Endued With Power From On High

Post by luchnia » Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:27 pm

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:The idea that both water baptism and tongue-speaking are required for salvation means that there are many who aren't saved.
There are quite many other churches that believe this way. I tend to always wind back up at the thief on the cross as we don't have any evidence that he did either of the two, yet is is believed because of Jesus words about paradise that he was saved before he perished.

Word up!

branham1965

Post by branham1965 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:04 am

Peter on the Day of Pentecost said to those who asked him what to do

Acts 2:38-39 Repent ,and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins ,and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
For the promise is unto you ,and to your children ,and to those afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
Last edited by branham1965 on Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:07 am

One must be born of water and of the Spirit.John 3

One must come to the Lord surrender to Him,repent of our sins,be put to death with Jesus Christ in the waters of baptism and receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.Acts 2.

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:The idea that both water baptism and tongue-speaking are required for salvation means that there are many who aren't saved.
Last edited by branham1965 on Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:30 am

No offence meant here.I am not trying to cause trouble. :agrue:

Many Churches never talk of Water Baptism.

Others think one can receive the real Holy Ghost without speaking in other tongues.Not so.

Spiritblade Disciple

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:47 pm

I strongly believe in water baptism and tongue-speaking. However, I think there have been people that were saved without water baptism or tongue-speaking.

In fact, I'd say that there is no question that many have received the Holy Ghost without ever speaking in tongues. And some have spoken in tongues without being water baptized.