Dake Bible Discussion BoardWhat We Believe

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
luchnia
Shall Not He that Spared Not His Own Son Freely Give Us All Things?

Re: What We Believe

Post by luchnia »

branham1965 wrote: You fought earlier WITH JESUS over Mark 16 :shocked!: He that believeth AND is baptized shall be saved. You have no right to change it.WOE to anyone who does.

Acts 2 :38 "Then Peter said unto them ,Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost."

NO ONE has any right to change what the Lord has said.

Every conversion in Acts had Water Baptism .
You have not given ONE text that shows water baptism is essential to one's salvation, no not one.

God's word teaches that one is saved by grace through faith and not by being baptized in water. If you confess with your mouth and believe in your heart that God raised Jesus from the dead you shall be saved.

It is interesting that you and the church you attend has added the work of water baptism to grace and faith for salvation in Christ. Water cannot, nor ever has remitted one's sins just like the blood of bulls and goats cannot make one just, but a pure heart before the Lord.

There may be others that would like to understand more on what you teach about this. Can you let us know what sin Jesus had remitted when He was water baptized and His need for salvation?

Here are some verses for you that show you what is required to be saved - John 1:12; John 3:14-18; John 5:24; John 11:25-26; Acts 10:43; Acts 13:39; Acts 16:31; Acts 26:18; Romans 10:9; Ephesians 1:12-14

Word up!

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

Here is my humble understanding.

When a person repents and believes confessing their sins and pleading the Blood of Christ they are justified by faith.They receive Justification.

When a Justified person is buried with Christ in water baptism they receive the Circumcision of the heart by the Minister of the Circumcision the Lord Jesus Christ.Romans15:8 and Colossians 2:11-12,Romans 6.

:turn-l: :smilecolros:
Last edited by branham1965 on Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

luchnia

MY QUESTION :WHAT DOES YOUR CHURCH AND PASTOR SAY ABOUT THIS???

luchnia wrote:
branham1965 wrote: You fought earlier WITH JESUS over Mark 16 :shocked!: He that believeth AND is baptized shall be saved. You have no right to change it.WOE to anyone who does.

Acts 2 :38 "Then Peter said unto them ,Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost."

NO ONE has any right to change what the Lord has said.

Every conversion in Acts had Water Baptism .
You have not given ONE text that shows water baptism is essential to one's salvation, no not one.

God's word teaches that one is saved by grace through faith and not by being baptized in water. If you confess with your mouth and believe in your heart that God raised Jesus from the dead you shall be saved.

It is interesting that you and the church you attend has added the work of water baptism to grace and faith for salvation in Christ. Water cannot, nor ever has remitted one's sins just like the blood of bulls and goats cannot make one just, but a pure heart before the Lord.

There may be others that would like to understand more on what you teach about this. Can you let us know what sin Jesus had remitted when He was water baptized and His need for salvation?

Here are some verses for you that show you what is required to be saved - John 1:12; John 3:14-18; John 5:24; John 11:25-26; Acts 10:43; Acts 13:39; Acts 16:31; Acts 26:18; Romans 10:9; Ephesians 1:12-14
Last edited by branham1965 on Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

I really like the Pastor of this Church .And he helped me and my mother greatly.

I am not knocking anyone's Church on here.

branham1965 wrote:This is printed on the weekly brochure of the Church i attend.

( What We Believe )

We believe the Bible is the inspired Word of God;that there is one Lord ,one Faith and one Baptism; and that the name of the Lord is JESUS.

In order to obtain salvation,we believe an individual must be born of the water and of the Spirit by being baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ for the remission of sin and being filled with the Holy Ghost ,with the evidence of speaking in other tongues as the Spirit of God gives the utterance.

+jesussign

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

I think they would be with the Lord because they experienced Justification.

But all believers are commanded to be Water Baptized.

I remember my late Pastor talking about this with a guy who ended up being mayor of out town.He did not want to submit himself to Water Baptism.

When someone rebels against it they are in rebellion.

bibleman wrote:
branham1965 wrote:
JESUS said he that believeth and is baptized shall be saved.Mark 16.Acts 2 said Repent and be baptized.

Watchman Nee once wrote that Protestants rewrote the verse in Mark 16 to say he that believes and is saved shall be baptized.

Watchman Nee knew that JESUS meant what He said.

Some so called scholars =unbelievers =today say all of Mark 16:9-20 is not even Scripture.

The Bible teaches in Acts 2,8,9,10,16,19,22 all show the necessity of water baptism.People believed and were baptized after repenting and believing.

it is a direct commandment from Jesus.And is to be obeyed.

Not should be but must be obeyed if it is possible.
A Question Billy,

Say a person gets saved by believing and confessing Jesus as Lord as Romans 10:9,10 instructs. BUT that person never gets baptized in water.

Is that person saved?

If he dies before being baptized does he go to Heaven?

luchnia

Post by luchnia »

branham1965 wrote:Here is my humble understanding.

When a person repents and believes confessing their sins and pleading the Blood of Christ they are justified by faith.They receive Justification.

When a Justified person is buried with Christ in water baptism they receive the Circumcision of the heart by the Minister of the Circumcision the Lord Jesus Christ.Romans15:8 and Colossians 2:11-12,Romans 6.

:turn-l: :smilecolros:
Here is the best thing to adhere to, you confess with your mouth and believe in your heart that God raised Jesus from the dead you shall be saved. No need to add or subtract from this. Nothing in that verse in Romans about pleading blood, water baptism or otherwise. The heart is not circumcised or regenerated by physical water. Read Colossians 2:11 in context and you will see it is actually against physical things and the circumcision that cannot be done with hands.

Water baptism is a good thing, but not a salvation requirement and from what you are posting it appears you don't believe water baptism is required for salvation either because of what you posted about repenting and believing. Here is a question. If you are justified, are you saved?

It is the simple plan of salvation as Dake stated in his notes and that is a good way to put it. It is unmistakable if you believe in the heart, then all of your whole person believes and chances are you will want to profess your heart belief by the outward water baptism.

When I was converted it was not long after that I was much like the Eunuch in that I wanted to be water baptized. Even unto this day, I know the water did not save my heart. If water baptism doesn't happen it won't track you on the path to eternal damnation. The clean heart is needed.

Word up!

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

I got that about pleading the blood of Jesus from Reverend Finis Jennings Dake Bible Truths Unmasked on page 42.

Dad Hagin taught this also.

I understand what you are saying.I disagree on some things you are saying but i don't feel like discussing it.

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

branham1965 wrote:I got that about pleading the blood of Jesus from Reverend Finis Jennings Dake Bible Truths Unmasked on page 42.

I understand what you are saying.I disagree on some things you are saying but i don't feel like discussing it.
:angel: :angel: :angel:
The A B C's of Salvation

A. Accept you are a sinner.
For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God (Romans 3:23)

B. Believe Jesus died for your sins.
If you confess with your mouth, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved (Romans 10:9-10)

C. Confess your sins.
If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness (1 John 1:9)

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

Ironman wrote:
branham1965 wrote:I got that about pleading the blood of Jesus from Reverend Finis Jennings Dake Bible Truths Unmasked on page 42.

The A B C's of Salvation

If you confess with your mouth, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved (Romans 10:9-10)

C. Confess your sins.
If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness (1 John 1:9)
Whenever I get on my high horse, I usually find Jesus riding off on his donkey :mrgreen:

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

luchnia

Post by luchnia »

Ironman wrote:

The A B C's of Salvation

C. Confess your sins.
Very well put. Those are good text. I would add that you must forsake the sin as one cannot serve sin and have the Spirit of Christ. Awake to righteousness and sin not comes to mind among a number of other scriptures. Good word! :angel:

Word up!