Dake Bible Discussion BoardGo Not After Them, Nor Follow Them

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Spiritblade Disciple
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Go Not After Them, Nor Follow Them

Postby Spiritblade Disciple » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:05 pm

Luke 17:20-25 King James Version
      And when He was demanded of the Pharisees, when the Kingdom of God should come, He answered them and said, "The Kingdom of God cometh not with observation: neither shall they say, 'Lo here!' or, 'lo there!'
        "For, behold, the Kingdom of God is within you."

And He said unto the Disciples, "The days will come, when ye shall desire to see one of the days of the Son of Man, and ye shall not see it. And they shall say to you, "See here;" or, "See there:"
        "Go not after them, nor follow them.

"For as the lightning, that lighteneth out of the one part under Heaven, shineth unto the other part under Heaven; so shall also the Son of Man be in His Day.
        "But first must He suffer many things, and be rejected of this generation."

luchnia
Ask and It Shall Be Given Unto You

Re: Go Not After Them, Nor Follow Them

Postby luchnia » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:00 am

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
    Luke 17:20-25 King James Version
      And when He was demanded of the Pharisees, when the Kingdom of God should come, He answered them and said, "The Kingdom of God cometh not with observation: neither shall they say, 'Lo here!' or, 'lo there!'
        "For, behold, the Kingdom of God is within you."

And He said unto the Disciples, "The days will come, when ye shall desire to see one of the days of the Son of Man, and ye shall not see it. And they shall say to you, "See here;" or, "See there:"
        "Go not after them, nor follow them.

"For as the lightning, that lighteneth out of the one part under Heaven, shineth unto the other part under Heaven; so shall also the Son of Man be in His Day.
        "But first must He suffer many things, and be rejected of this generation."

I think every one of these post you present I can certainly respond to. Here is another post that I think has had many mis-understandings over. You take the verse that contains "the kingdom of God is within you." Folks take that today to mean the kingdom is within and no where else. How can it get within if it is not without as well?

The challenge I see with that view is that with the kingdom of God it is within and without as it was evident the kingdom had come upon them. I think He was merely telling them it is not like a physical object you can walk over and pick up, but it is tangible in other ways.

Word up!

macca
Dake VIP Member
Dake VIP Member

Re: Go Not After Them, Nor Follow Them

Postby macca » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:57 am

Could it be that it is a spiritual Kingdom and not a physical one?

For ALL the promises of God in Him are YES, and in Him AMEN, unto the glory of God by us.

Return to “Dake Bible Discussion Board”