Dake Bible Discussion BoardCashing In On Church: The Richest Mega Pastors In America

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Ironman
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Cashing In On Church: The Richest Mega Pastors In America

Postby Ironman » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:59 pm

Charles E. Blake is a California bishop who reportedly earns $900,000 per year and lives in a mansion. He earns his massive salary from the help of 25,000 members who attend his church, and 50,000 online weekly participants.

William Franklin Graham III is the son of the famous pastor Billy Graham, and the president of Billy Graham Evangelistic Association and Samaritan’s Purse. His vast wealth is estimated in the millions.

In 1959 Moyers was ordained a Baptist minister. He has made at least $20,000,000 from public broadcasting — taxpayer money! He refuses to officially disclose his income and his net worth is not known.

Paul Cain was only 18 years old when he stepped up onto the pulpit. After settling some controversies, he now preaches in Santa Maria, California. One public estimate puts Cain’s personal net worth near $1 million.

Jimmy Swaggart One of the most popular pastors of all time, Swaggart was ordained in the 1950s. He launched a radio network and a weekly TV telecast. Swaggart’s ministry allegedly made over $150 million a year in the 1980s.

Joel Osteen, comes in pretty high on our list with a personal net worth of $40 million. Osteen is an author, televangelist and pastor of the Lakewood Church in Houston, Texas. In August of 2017 he came under fire when he refused to help local victims of Hurricane Harvey.

Starting work as a minister in Virginia when he was just 14, Stanley eventually started In Touch Ministries, which led to a syndicated radio broadcast. His ministries earned about $73,000,000 a year when surveyed nine years ago.

Janice Crouch was the daughter of a Georgia pastor. She and her husband helped establish the Trinity Broadcasting Network. Crouch died in 2016, with an estimated fortune of $50 million.

R.C. Sproul is the founder and chairman of Ligonier Ministries. He launched the Reformation Network (RefNet), an online radio station for reformed Christians, in 2012. One conservative estimate puts Sproul’s personal net worth at $2 million.

N.T. Wright retired from his position as Bishop in 2010, but not before amassing a $2.5 million fortune. He’s a popular British New Testament scholar who traveled Great Britain extensively after being ordained in 1975.

Jack Van Impe began his career as an evangelist on the Billy Graham Crusades. He and his wife started Jack Van Impe Ministries. Reports estimate the ministry earns $2.5 million each year.

Clifton Davis was ordained in 1987. He hosts Gospel Superfest and makes other appearances on the Trinity Broadcasting Network. Many people would recognize him from the TV drama Madam Secretary. Davis is said to be worth $3 million.

Tony Campolo, the former spiritual adviser to President Bill Clinton, is an ordained Baptist minister and evangelist who is closely tied to the Democratic Party. Some have estimated Campolo’s net worth to be around $4 million.

Reinhard Bonnke is known for his missions across Africa for the past 50 years. The Pentecostal evangelist found success with his autobiography, Living a Life of Fire, which helped increase his personal net worth to an estimated $4 million.

John MacArthur was ordained in the 1960s as a Christian evangelical preacher. As his popularity grew he launched a daily radio broadcast, Grace to You, in 1977. MacArthur’s net worth has been reported at $12,485,467.

Kay Arthur turned to faith after a difficult time in her life. She and her husband founded Precept Ministries International. Arthur has published more than 100 books and Bible studies, and she is reportedly worth $5 million.

Civil rights activist Al Sharpton is one of the most controversial pastors of our time. He became a Baptist minister in 1994. Through hundreds of television and radio appearances he has earned around $5 million.

Joseph Prince is a Senior Pastor at one of Asia’s biggest churches, the New Creation Church. Prince has a television program and has authored books, CDs and DVDs. The church has an annual income of $44.7 million.

Nigerian televangelist Chris Okotie is the pastor of the Household of God Church (HGC) International Ministries, which he established. He has published 17 books and various articles. He’s said to have a net worth of $7.5 million.

Ravi Zacharias became a Christian at 17, after attempting suicide. While recovering, he was given a Bible that changed his life. He is now heard worldwide on his radio programs. Zacharias’ personal net worth is estimated at $7.5 million.

In the 1970s, Peter Popoff moved into television ministry where his energetic messages were broadcast countryside. He became famous as a faith healer but his methods were later questioned. He’s said to be worth $10 million.

Jesse Jackson is a polarizing pastor and civil rights activist. While he was first known as a politician, his activism shifted him further into the public spotlight. He allegedly has a net worth of $10 million.

Matthew Ashimolowo. With an estimated personal net worth of $6- $10 million, Matthew Ashimolowo makes the list of top richest 15 pastors. He leads the largest church in the UK and is the Senior Pastor of Kingsway International Christian Centre.

Ed Young Jr. For a short period Young worked at his father’s church. He was later hired as the Sr. Pastor of Fellowship Church, and his ministry soon gained 5,000+ attendees. He now has a net worth of $11,000,000.

Ernest Angley became a Christian in 1939, at the age of 18. He eventually collected enough money to purchase the Grace Cathedral and also bought a TV station. Now, unconfirmed reports list Angley’s personal net worth at $15 million.

Cindy Trimm. This Bermuda-born pastor started with a career in politics, but she realized that she could accomplish more in the ministry. Trimm is currently pastor for Florida’s Embassy Worship Center, and is rumored to be worth $15 million.

T. B Hoshua. Another Nigerian evangelist with some incredible wealth $15 million, Joshua founded the Synagogue Church of All Nations (SCOAN) and rose to popularity by claiming to be a miracle worker.

John Danforth started his career in politics. At the age of 79 he retired from politics and spent the majority of his time as an ordained Episcopal priest. His net worth is estimated at $30 million.

Pastor Tshifhiwa Irene is a South African pastor for the Divine Truth World Restoration Services for World Peace by Jesus Christ. She is also a televangelist, and is said to have a personal net worth of approximately $35 million.

Prophet Uebert Angel. Focusing on the less-privileged and widows has been very profitable for Uebert Angel. He is a self-proclaimed prophet who runs the mega church Spirit Embassy. Angel insists that his personal net worth is $60 million.

Robert Tilton found much of his early success on a religious program called “Success-N-Life.” The show eventually brought in $80 million in annual revenue, and he’s said to be worth $50 million now.

Chris Oyakhilome. “Pastor Chris” is a Nigerian minister and the founder of Believers’ Loveworld Incorporated. He identifies as a faith healer, and has more than 1.2 million followers on Twitter. His personal net worth is a reported $50 million.

David Oyedepo. Oyedepo, the richest pastor in Nigeria, had a vision in 1981 where God called him to preach. He founded the Living Faith Church World Wide and his personal net worth is estimated at $150 million.

Edir Macedo. A $1.1 billion pastor? Macedo is a Brazilian evangelical leader and media mogul who founded the Pentecostal Universal Church of the Kingdom of God in the 1970s. The church receives $2 billion in donations annually.

Kenneth Copeland is one of the leaders of the Charismatic Movement and is known for promoting a controversial preaching style called “prosperity gospel.” He’s one of the highest-paid mega pastors, with a rumored net worth of $760 million. In the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, Copeland vowed to establish humanitarian-relief ministry called Angel Flight 44. But according to a source familiar with the situation, Rev. Rich Vermillion, the ministry was never formed. During the 2016 presidential election, Copeland raised eyebrows with a television appearance in which he warned Christians that they’d go to hell if they didn’t vote for Donald Trump: “You’re going to be guilty of murder.”

Pat Robertson, a successful businessman and former Southern Baptist minister, created the Christian Broadcasting Network in Virginia. Estimates of his personal wealth vary from $200 million to over $1 billion. His network is broadcast in 180 different countries.

Coming in with a rumored personal net worth of $42 million is the Israeli televangelist Benny Hinn. He is best known for his healing summits, called “Miracle Crusades,” which are usually held in large stadiums throughout major cities.

Billy Graham has served as spiritual adviser to many presidents, and he has appeared on Gallup’s list of most admired people 55 times. Graham’s estimated net worth is in the vicinity of $25 million.

Rick Warren only lives on ten percent of his income and donates the rest to charity, as his net worth is rumored at $25 million. Warren founded Saddleback Church – the eighth largest in the country.

Bishop Thomas Dexter “T. D.” Jakes, Sr. lives in a $1.7 million dollar mansion and has been featured on the cover of Time magazine. According to some sources, Jakes has a personal net worth of $150 million.

Famous gospel singer, Pentecostal televangelist, author and actress Juanita Bynum appears regularly on the Trinity Broadcasting Network. She is also the CEO of Juanita Bynum Enterprises. Her unconfirmed net worth is $10 million.

Mega pastor and author Joyce Meyer has been ranked among the most influential Evangelicals in America by Time magazine. Meyer became a born-again Christian after suffering childhood abuse. Meyer said to be worth a staggering $25 million.

Reverend Hagee is the CEO of John Hagee Ministries, a Christian multi-media empire that broadcasts to 150 million households worldwide. He’s published many book titles and has an estimated personal fortune of $5 million.

After becoming a Christian in the mid-1980s, Paula White went on to launch her own church. Today, she is Senior Pastor of New Destiny Christian Center near Orlando. Estimates put her total net worth at $5 million.

The late Bishop Eddie Long was the senior pastor of New Missionary Baptist Church in Georgia. Church membership grew from just 300 to 25,000 under his leadership. He amassed a personal fortune of $3 million.

Bishop Noel Jones serves as senior pastor of the City of Refuge Church, located in California. His current church has about 17,000 active members, and his net worth is estimated around $5 million.

Creflo Dollar is the founder of the World Changers Church International in Atlanta, Georgia. He’s said to have a net worth of $27 million. Reverend Dollar’s secrecy over his financial affairs nearly cost him jail time.

Have I become your enemy, because I tell you the truth.

I'll be a fool for truth's sake. Truth is fallen in the street. I wont pass it by. I'll pick it up and embrace it regardless of the costs.

frenchie
Pray for the Utterance to Speak Boldly

Re: Cashing In On Church: The Richest Mega Pastors In America

Postby frenchie » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:09 pm

Hi!
I guess everybody is abstaining from commenting about these preachers by fear of the Lord.

Romans 14:4King James Version (KJV)

4 Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.

I think some may be blessed and some may have an issue with money but i don't know who's who so the only thing i can say is once again:
'' Let God be the juge ''

luchnia
Seek and Ye Shall Find

Postby luchnia » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:47 am

Not much to input really. Of course we know there are many that are not on this list. Certainly some are decent and truly care about what they do, yet many of them are corrupt as can get and milking the coffers for great financial gain. The are much like politicians.

Back in the day during my studies I watched a few mega pastors, not mentioning names, and even being immature in God's word I could quickly tell they were clueless to God's word. They no doubt knew how to market themselves and beg for the $$$ with teary eyes all the while scamming others of their hard earned money. It is the art of robbing without a gun.

I would like to pose a question or two. How much poison does it take in a glass of water to poison someone? Now, how much false doctrine does it take to deceive someone?

This is why one must not accept everything that comes out of the mouths of such men that claim to be the called and speak for God. Folks often call them God's anointed. I believe many of them are self appointed to serve their own agenda and missed God's anointing for the sake of monetary gain or ego boosting gain (politician's goals). And we think the world is bad?

Word up!

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Postby branham1965 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:40 am

That is cool frenchie.

I would write a little and quit on this one. :Fade-color

Haz is my friend so i want to respond to his posts.

I know this Reverend Dake taught the Laws of Prosperity.

And i am for Preachers being blessed and rich.I mean wealthy like Abraham.Of course the Word teaches balance here and in ALL areas.

The Church having a lot of money helps the Gospel to be declared to the world,helps the poor to be blessed and helped,helps the persecuted Church receive what they need,to be the head and not the tail,to be above only and not beneath to be blessed coming in and going out.

The devil wants the Church and its members to be without money , poor, broke ,defeated and under his thumb.

My family in Warren opposed my Pastor because they thought he was only after money.None of them were saved or gave to the Lord.And too many have went into eternity without the Lord. :agrue:

Leonard Ravenhill once said "so and so

is going to give an account for every dime he has ever received.

A very well known Preacher.

Then Brother Ravenhill ,A.W.Tozer's dear friend said .... and so will all of us us give an account for every dime we have ever received as well. :agrue:

frenchie wrote:Hi!
I guess everybody is abstaining from commenting about these preachers by fear of the Lord.

Romans 14:4King James Version (KJV)

4 Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.

I think some may be blessed and some may have an issue with money but i don't know who's who so the only thing i can say is once again:
'' Let God be the juge ''

luchnia
Seek and Ye Shall Find

Postby luchnia » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:57 am

branham1965 wrote:
Leonard Ravenhill once said "so and so is going to give an account for every dime he has ever received.

Then A.W.Tozer's friend said .... and so will all of us. :agrue:

That is an interesting thought. I think there will be accountability and I also wonder if those that have been brainwashed by many false doctrines and given to corrupt pastors will be measured likewise for giving into those works even though there may have been small amounts of poison?

It certainly makes you think. I don't think accountability judgment is a one-sided coin. Deceit in small amounts still deceives just like poison in small amounts still poisons.

Word up!

branham1965

Postby branham1965 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:14 am

+ummm +ummm

:onfire: When the Word is preached and souls are saved and lives are changed,and bodies are healed and miracles wrought and the chains of darkness are broken over lives in the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ that is a strong indication that you are supporting the right thing.

When people minister the Word and souls come to Jesus at the Altar and they follow the Lord in the waters of Baptism ,when people are receiving the Holy Ghost and speaking in other tongues that's a good sign.

People who dislike that kind of thing well its not good.

I am listening to Brother Branham give his testimony - his life story to the Foursquare Gospel Angelus Temple Sister Aimee Semple Mcpherson's Temple founded after WW I .

luchnia wrote:
branham1965 wrote:
Leonard Ravenhill once said "so and so is going to give an account for every dime he has ever received.

Then A.W.Tozer's friend said .... and so will all of us. :agrue:

That is an interesting thought. I think there will be accountability and I also wonder if those that have been brainwashed by many false doctrines and given to corrupt pastors will be measured likewise for giving into those works even though there may have been small amounts of poison?

It certainly makes you think. I don't think accountability judgment is a one-sided coin. Deceit in small amounts still deceives just like poison in small amounts still poisons.

frenchie

Postby frenchie » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:02 pm

Branham 1965 wrote:

I know this Reverend Dake taught the Laws of Prosperity.

And i am for Preachers being blessed and rich.I mean wealthy like Abraham.Of course the Word teaches balance here and in ALL areas.

The Church having a lot of money helps the Gospel to be declared to the world,helps the poor to be blessed and helped,helps the persecuted Church receive what they need,to be the head and not the tail,to be above only and not beneath to be blessed coming in and going out.

The devil wants the Church and its members to be without money , poor, broke ,defeated and under his thumb.

:shock: +highfive

luchnia
Seek and Ye Shall Find

Postby luchnia » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:16 pm

I am much like Paul in the aspect that I am grateful where the gospel is preached even if it is preached in pretense. I mean look at it this way, folks even got saved during the Jim and Tammy Baker fiasco and we can see what a mess that was.

I am definitely not opposed to being wealthy either and believe in the prosperity of God, yet I do not discount the fact that many of the mega preachers are first and foremost gain hounds that live in untold luxury off the backs of the peasant sheeples.

I would be demonstrating blind eye ignorance and naivety not to see it.

Word up!

frenchie

Postby frenchie » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:59 pm

luchnia wrote:
I do not discount the fact that many of the mega preachers are first and foremost gain hounds that live in untold luxury off the backs of the peasant sheeples.

I would be demonstrating blind eye ignorance and naivety not to see it.

Can't deny that either.

branham1965

Postby branham1965 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:26 pm

Philippians 1:15-18 " Some indeed preach Christ even of envy and strife;and some also of good will :

The one preach Christ of contention , not sincerely,supposing to add affliction to my bonds:

But the other of love ,knowing that i am set for the defence of the gospel.

What then? notwithstanding ,every way ,whether in pretence ,or in truth

Christ is preached;and i therein do rejoice ,yea,and will rejoice."

Return to “Dake Bible Discussion Board”