Dake Bible Discussion BoardThe Highly Esteemed Abomination

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Spiritblade Disciple
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

The Highly Esteemed Abomination

Postby Spiritblade Disciple » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:13 pm

Luke 16:9-15 King James Version
      "And I say unto you, make to yourselves friends of the mammon of unrighteousness; that, when ye fail, they may receive you into everlasting habitations. He that is faithful in that which is least is faithful also in much: and he that is unjust in the least is unjust also in much. If therefore ye have not been faithful in the unrighteous mammon, who will commit to your trust the true riches? And if ye have not been faithful in that which is another man's, who shall give you that which is your own? No servant can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon."

And the Pharisees also, who were covetous, heard all these things: and they derided Him.

And He said unto them, "Ye are they which justify yourselves before men; but God knoweth your hearts: for that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God."

macca
Dake VIP Member
Dake VIP Member

Re: The Highly Esteemed Abomination

Postby macca » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:31 am

I don't believe Jesus uttered those words in verse nine.......someone mistranslated the original....

For ALL the promises of God in Him are YES, and in Him AMEN, unto the glory of God by us.

Ironman
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Postby Ironman » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:40 am

macca wrote:I don't believe Jesus uttered those words in verse nine.......someone mistranslated the original....

I agree macca, we should read the Bible for ourselves and not let anyone, even our religious leaders, tell us that we cannot understand the Bible without their interpreting it for us. We may be persuaded that we cannot understand the Scriptures because we are not Hebrew or Greek scholars, or we do not hold any philosophical or theological degrees.

First, it is not necessary to know everything; we learn truth by degrees.

Second, if the Bible really is the Word of God, then it is only reasonable to believe that God will give understanding to anyone who unselfishly seeks the truth . This is His reason for giving us the Holy Spirit to guide us:

Have I become your enemy, because I tell you the truth.

I'll be a fool for truth's sake. Truth is fallen in the street. I wont pass it by. I'll pick it up and embrace it regardless of the costs.

Spiritblade Disciple

Postby Spiritblade Disciple » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:46 am

macca wrote:I don't believe Jesus uttered those words in verse nine.......someone mistranslated the original....

Interesting perspective, but can you prove it?

macca
Dake VIP Member
Dake VIP Member

Postby macca » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:32 pm

No... its just so different from everything that Jesus said and taught...it sounds like what is taught in bible schools & seminaries by liberal teachers and those not familiar with the God of the bible.

It leaves me feeling ,,,,yuk

macca

For ALL the promises of God in Him are YES, and in Him AMEN, unto the glory of God by us.

Spiritblade Disciple

Postby Spiritblade Disciple » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:55 pm

Return to “Dake Bible Discussion Board”