- Luke 16:1-8 King James Version
- And He said also unto His disciples, "There was a certain rich man, which had a steward; and the same was accused unto him that he had wasted his goods.
"And he called him, and said unto him, 'How is it that I hear this of thee? Give an account of thy stewardship; for thou mayest be no longer steward.'
"Then the steward said within himself, 'What shall I do? For my lord taketh away from me the stewardship: I cannot dig; to beg I am ashamed. I am resolved what to do, that, when I am put out of the stewardship, they may receive me into their houses.'
- "So he called every one of his lord's debtors unto him, and said unto the first, 'How much owest thou unto my lord?'
- "And he said, 'An hundred measures of oil.'
- "And he said unto him, 'Take thy bill, and sit down quickly, and write fifty.'
- "Then said he to another, 'And how much owest thou?'
- "And he said, 'An hundred measures of wheat.'
- "And he said unto him, 'Take thy bill, and write fourscore.'