Dake Bible Discussion BoardRead The Bible For Yourself, not be spoon fed.

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Ironman
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Read The Bible For Yourself, not be spoon fed.

Postby Ironman » Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:39 pm

Read The Bible For Yourself: Do not let anyone, even your religious leaders, tell you that you cannot understand the Bible without their interpreting it for you. You may be persuaded that you cannot understand the Scriptures because you are not a Hebrew or Greek scholar, or you do not hold any philosophical or theological degrees. First, it is not necessary to know everything; we learn truth by degrees. Second, if the Bible really is the Word of God, then it is only reasonable to believe that God will give understanding to anyone who unselfishly seeks the truth . This is His reason for giving the Holy Spirit:

You Do Not Need To Be Spoon-fed: The notion that the Bible is best filtered down to those in the pew through religious experts is a long-standing assumption, and accounts in a large degree as to why people do not read their Bibles. Why should they, if they are paying a clergy-professional to spoon-feed them from the Scriptures several times a week?

Have I become your enemy, because I tell you the truth.

I'll be a fool for truth's sake. Truth is fallen in the street. I wont pass it by. I'll pick it up and embrace it regardless of the costs.

Spiritblade Disciple
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: Read The Bible For Yourself, not be spoon fed.

Postby Spiritblade Disciple » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:40 pm

luchnia
Seek and Ye Shall Find

Postby luchnia » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:38 am

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:The above appears to be quoted from here:

Yep, a lady called Carol Brooks web site.

Word up!

branham1965

Postby branham1965 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:48 am

Good post mate.I agree with you brother. :angel: :turn-l:

All of us here use other peoples thoughts and studies in our lives.We do it all the time.I sure do.And it is wise to do this.Charles Haddon Spurgeon affirmed this.And condemned those who would not learn from others.

Reverend Finis Jennings Dake did it. Dad Hagin did it.My late Pastor use to use James Lee Beall,Gordon Lindsay ,Dad Hagin and a few others in our meetings.

:onfire: +jesussign +fish

Ironman wrote:Read The Bible For Yourself: Do not let anyone, even your religious leaders, tell you that you cannot understand the Bible without their interpreting it for you. You may be persuaded that you cannot understand the Scriptures because you are not a Hebrew or Greek scholar, or you do not hold any philosophical or theological degrees. First, it is not necessary to know everything; we learn truth by degrees. Second, if the Bible really is the Word of God, then it is only reasonable to believe that God will give understanding to anyone who unselfishly seeks the truth . This is His reason for giving the Holy Spirit:

You Do Not Need To Be Spoon-fed: The notion that the Bible is best filtered down to those in the pew through religious experts is a long-standing assumption, and accounts in a large degree as to why people do not read their Bibles. Why should they, if they are paying a clergy-professional to spoon-feed them from the Scriptures several times a week?

Return to “Dake Bible Discussion Board”