Dake Bible Discussion BoardBorn Again in the O.T.

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: Born Again in the O.T.

Postby branham1965 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:12 pm

I would say that i agree with Dad Hagin on this.Though i am not opposed ever to Reverend Finis Jennings Dake.

Reverend Dake rebuked us for being too inquisitive about things.Please see question and answers on youtube.

I think the lesson would be to be born again and behave oneself and live for Christ and stay in Him.

And we know the Old Testaments Saints were saved cf Ephesians 4:7-11.

TruthSeeker wrote:
branham1965 wrote:No i never said that.I hope i did not give that inference.[b]

[b]I think these men were all saved men including Judas Iscariot until he fell away.

I think Reverend Dake makes a strong Bible case for people being saved and forgiven of sins in both Testaments

I like a little mini book Reverend Kenneh E.Hagin wrote on this subject entitled The New Birth.

Thanks for clarifying your position. From my understanding Rev. Hagin did not believe that those in the O.T. were born again but that the Holy Spirit came on the prophet, king, and priest only in O.T. This was the stance of the 2 pastors I've had in the past that graduated from Rhema.

If you believe all these people in the O.T. were born again, made a new creation, and filled with the Holy Spirit would you (or anyone else) please interpret the scriptures from my first post. Which are:

Ezek. 26:36
Heb. 8:10-12
John 20:22

TruthSeeker
Numbers

Postby TruthSeeker » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:23 pm

branham1965 wrote:I would say that i agree with Dad Hagin on this.Though i am not opposed ever to Reverend Finis Jennings
Dake.
Reverend Dake rebuked us for being too inquisitive about things.

Your posts through this thread have been confusing and contradictory.

If Reverend Dake stated that we are not to be too inquisitive about things and you believe that, that is dangerous. Are we suppose to believe someone just because they said it? How much or what part of the Word are we suppose to rightly divide and what parts don't we have to? Not sure what the purpose of this forum is.

If someone who believes with Dake on O.T. people were born again and can interpret those 3 scriptures I mentioned, that is all I'm asking! And if no one can we can just leave it.

Thanks!

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Postby branham1965 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:01 pm

You are misunderstanding my point.I understood both positions when you posted them.In fact many years ago.

I was trying to be kind and decent to you a :n00b: because you might have misunderstood me or heard gossip in pms.

If Reverend Finis Jennings Dake tells me something i will listen to him.

I think i have stated my proposition.

I embrace the position of Dad Hagin on this.

I greatly revere and honor Reverend Dake.I am not dogmatic.

I do not try to make an issue of small differences like these.

Please read my posts above.I am not trying to cause dissent or strife.

TruthSeeker wrote:
branham1965 wrote:I would say that i agree with Dad Hagin on this.Though i am not opposed ever to Reverend Finis Jennings
Dake.
Reverend Dake rebuked us for being too inquisitive about things.

Your posts through this thread have been confusing and contradictory.

If Reverend Dake stated that we are not to be too inquisitive about things and you believe that, that is dangerous. Are we suppose to believe someone just because they said it? How much or what part of the Word are we suppose to rightly divide and what parts don't we have to? Not sure what the purpose of this forum is.

If someone who believes with Dake on O.T. people were born again and can interpret those 3 scriptures I mentioned, that is all I'm asking! And if no one can we can just leave it.

Thanks!

Return to “Dake Bible Discussion Board”