Dake Bible Discussion BoardMatthew 24 Proves There Aren't Thousands Of People Getting Saved Today!

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Spiritblade Disciple
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Matthew 24 Proves There Aren't Thousands Of People Getting Saved Today!

Postby Spiritblade Disciple » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:07 pm

Does Matthew 24 prove that there are not thousands of people getting saved, today?

Matthew 24:37 King James Version
      But as the days of Noe were,
        so shall also the coming of the Son of Man be.

Please, listen to what Bryan Denlinger has to say before making up your mind.

Thank you,

bibleman
Administrator

Re: Matthew 24 Proves There Aren't Thousands Of People Getting Saved Today!

Postby bibleman » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:31 pm

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:Does Matthew 24 prove that there are not thousands of people getting saved, today?

Thank you,

NOTICE the Dake Bible on his library shelf. I also see Bullinger's Companion Bible right beside it.

Whether you agree with him or not his opinions are worth listening to with those Bibles sitting on the shelf! :angel:

Now that being said I don't think Noah and his family were "saved" in the way we thing about salvation today. I think it had to do with ONE thing - the blood line of Noah that went back to the seed of the woman "EVE" in the Garden of Eden. I think their blood line was their salvation!

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

luchnia
Seek and Ye Shall Find

Postby luchnia » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:11 am

bibleman wrote:
Spiritblade Disciple wrote:Does Matthew 24 prove that there are not thousands of people getting saved, today?

Thank you,

NOTICE the Dake Bible on his library shelf. I also see Bullinger's Companion Bible right beside it.

Whether you agree with him or not his opinions are worth listening to with those Bibles sitting on the shelf! :angel:

Now that being said I don't think Noah and his family were "saved" in the way we thing about salvation today. I think it had to do with ONE thing - the blood line of Noah that went back to the seed of the woman "EVE" in the Garden of Eden. I think their blood line was their salvation!

:angel:

Word up!

Spiritblade Disciple
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Postby Spiritblade Disciple » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:47 pm

Thanks for noticing the Dake and Companion Bibles on Bryan Denlinger's shelf, Leon. He doesn't always agree with Dake, but then, who does?

Why do you think that salvation was different in the time of Noah than now? I understand about the giants, but surely there were other pure-blooded humans to whom Noah could have preached righteousness to. Why was Noah unsuccessful in winning anyone outside of his own family to the Lord?

bibleman
Administrator

Postby bibleman » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:29 pm

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:Thanks for noticing the Dake and Companion Bibles on Bryan Denlinger's shelf, Leon. He doesn't always agree with Dake, but then, who does?

Why do you think that salvation was different in the time of Noah than now? I understand about the giants, but surely there were other pure-blooded humans to whom Noah could have preached righteousness to. Why was Noah unsuccessful in winning anyone outside of his own family to the Lord?

Salvation was being offered to Noah and his family to keep the pure blood line from Adam and Eve going so that the "SEED" Jesus - could come through man.

There were no pure-blooded humans left other than Noah and his family.

(7) With the exception of Noah and his family all flesh had corrupted his way upon the earth before the flood (Gen. 6:12), which means the entire race (besides Noah's family) had become a mixture of fallen angels and men, or giants. Only Noah and his family had kept their lineage pure from Adam, which is really why they were saved in the ark.
Finis Jennings Dake, Dake's Annotated Reference Bible: Containing the Old and New Testaments of the Authorized or King James Version Text, (Lawrenceville, GA: Dake Bible Sales, Inc., 1997), WORDsearch CROSS e-book, Under: "Chapter 6".

Genesis 6:11 The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence.
12 And God looked upon the earth, and, behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted his way upon the earth.

Genesis 6:17 And, behold, I, even I, do bring a flood of waters upon the earth, to destroy all flesh, wherein is the breath of life, from under heaven; and every thing that is in the earth shall die.

Book of Jasher - 4:18 And their judges and rulers went to the daughters of men and took their wives by force from their husbands according to their choice, and the sons of men in those days took from the cattle of the earth, the beasts of the field and the fowls of the air, and taught the mixture of animals of one species with the other, in order therewith to provoke the Lord; and God saw the whole earth and it was corrupt, for all flesh had corrupted its ways upon earth, all men and all animals.

Book of Jubliees 7:20 Meshech and Tiras: these are the sons of Noah. And in the twenty-eighth jubilee [1324-1372 A.M.] Noah began to enjoin upon his sons' sons the ordinances and commandments, and all the judgments that he knew, and he exhorted his sons to observe righteousness, and to cover the shame of their flesh, and to bless their Creator, and honour father and mother, and love their neighbour, and guard their souls
21 from fornication and uncleanness and all iniquity. For owing to these three things came the flood upon the earth, namely, owing to the fornication wherein the Watchers against the law of their ordinances went a whoring after the daughters of men, and took themselves wives of all which they
22 chose: and they made the beginning of uncleanness. And they begat sons the Naphidim, and they were all unlike, and they devoured one another: and the Giants slew the Naphil, and the
23 Naphil slew the Eljo, and the Eljo mankind, and one man another. And every one sold himself
24 to work iniquity and to shed much blood, and the earth was filled with iniquity. And after this they sinned against the beasts and birds, and all that moves and walks on the earth: and much blood was shed on the earth, and every imagination and desire of men imagined vanity and evil
25 continually. And the Lord destroyed everything from off the face of the earth; because of the wickedness of their deeds, and because of the blood which they had shed in the midst of the earth

Josephus the Jewish historian tells us "angels of God accompanied with women, and begat sons that proved unjust, and despisers of all that was good," Josephus Book 1:3:1

God bless
Leon Bible

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

Spiritblade Disciple

Postby Spiritblade Disciple » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:40 pm

bibleman wrote:There were no pure-blooded humans left other than Noah and his family.

Any way you slice it, that is an astounding thought...

Perhaps, there will be very few humans of pure-faith (and by extrapolation, of pure-blood (the blood of Jesus) when the Son of Man comes.

bibleman
Administrator

Postby bibleman » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:56 pm

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
bibleman wrote:There were no pure-blooded humans left other than Noah and his family.

Any way you slice it, that is an astounding thought...

Perhaps, there will be very few humans of pure-faith (and by extrapolation, of pure-blood (the blood of Jesus) when the Son of Man comes.

That was the question Jesus asked!

Luke 18:8 I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?

God bless
Leon Bible

Spiritblade Disciple

Postby Spiritblade Disciple » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:02 pm

bibleman wrote:That was the question Jesus asked!

Luke 18:8 I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?

Indeed! You are right! :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

Matthew 7:13-14 King James Version
      "Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
        "Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it."

There's a difference between the "thousands" that seem to be getting saved, today, and the few that are actually on the Narrow Way.

branham1965

Postby branham1965 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:08 pm

According to the Assemblies of God and other Fire Baptized groups there are great revivals in China and around the world.

Charismatics and Pentecostals are shaking the earth by the Holy Ghost.Not religious people.

The fella talking in this video i am sure does not see any revival ever.

Brother Hagin said he was always greatly angered at people who expect new Christians to act as righteous as they think they are at 30 years or more in the Lord.

Spiritblade Disciple

Postby Spiritblade Disciple » Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:36 pm

Hi, everyone.

I ran across this interesting portion of a message from William Branham where he seems to have been somewhat in agreement with the position put forth by Bryan Denlinger in the video in the original post of this thread. However, Branham was far more generous in his estimate of the number of the truly saved than Denlinger.

59-0403 LIVING. DYING.BURIED.RISING

William Branham wrote:14 I was speaking here a few days ago upon the Scripture, “Strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, and but few there'll be that will find it.”

And a young man who was riding with me in a car, said, “How many would you say would be saved in this generation?”

I said, “Eight, ten.”

“Oh,” he said, “Don't say that, brother.”

I'll say, “I will lengthen it to fifty, and that's as many as I can go.”

He said, “Fifty people?”

I said, “Jesus said when He was on earth, 'As it was in the days of Noah, so shall it be in the coming of the Son of man.' Days of Noah, there was eight souls saved.” Now, remember a generation fades out each day, ends that generation. Take fifty a day for six thousand years and see what you've got.

And he said, “Well then, Brother Branham, I'd like to ask you this question: All the people that's claimed to have the Holy Sprit, and so forth, won't they come in the resurrection?”

I said, “If they had the Holy Spirit. But what we've been putting to much emphasis on, is on other things instead of on the real thing, the love of God.”

15 Paul said, “All these things could happen.... I could have all wisdom, all knowledge, and yet have not love, it profits me nothing. I could speak with tongues like men and angels, and still not have it.” And we put so much emphasis upon these things, upon great healing revivals, and miracles being worked.

Did not Jesus say, “Many will come to me in that day, and say, 'Lord, Lord, have not I cast out devils in your name? In your name, have I not done many mighty works?' I will say unto them, 'Depart from me, you workers of iniquity, I did not even know you.'”

What a disappointment that will be. But look what a surprise it'll be when He said, those who didn't even think they deserved to be there.... “When were you hungry and we fed you? When were you naked and we gave you clothes? We didn't know when you did this.”

He said, “Insomuch as you've done it unto these, you've done it unto me.”

Fifty saved people dying per day for 2,000 years sounds like a lot... The math works out like this:

50 x 2,000 x 365.25 = 36,525,000

36 million plus saved over the past 2,000 years, max, according to this excerpt from William Branham.

To some, that might sound like a lot, until the current daily death rate is taken into account. According to Ecology.com, the current daily death rate (as of the year 2011) is 151,600 people dying each day. That means on any given day, a person that dies has only a 1 in 3,032 chance of actually having been saved, at best.

At that rate, Branham's high end estimate of the total number saved during the first 2,000 years of Christianity would be surpassed by those going to Hell in just modern times in just the first 241 days of 2012. Let alone all the time before or since.

These numbers are far worse if Branham's low end estimate is more accurate. His low end estimate of 8 saved people dying per day would work out to a person having a 1 in 18,950 chance of being saved on the day that they die.

Return to “Dake Bible Discussion Board”