Dake Bible Discussion BoardThe Pillar of Fire over William Branham's head

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Ironman
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: The Pillar of Fire over William Branham's head

Post by Ironman » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:16 pm

branham1965 wrote::| HERE ARE 2 BOOKS FROM NEUTRAL AND FAIR SOURCES FOR INTERESTED STUDENTS

BOOK 1- IS "ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE :THE MODERN HEALING AND CHARISMATIC REVIVALS IN MODERN AMERICA" BY DAVID EDWIN HARRELL JR.PROFESSOR OF RELIGIOUS STUDIES AT AUBURN UNIVERSITY .

BOOK 2- THE HEALER- PROPHET =Brother Branham is on the cover with the Pillar of Fire over his head (A STUDY OF THE PROPHETIC IN AMERICAN PENTECOSTALISM) BY C.DOUGLAS WEAVER THE FOREWARD BY DAVID EDWIN HARRELL JR. PROFESSOR OF RELIGIOUS STUDIES AUBURN UNIVERSITY.
THE HEALER-PROPHET (Three Indispensible Studies of American Evangelicalism) Paperback – November 1, 2000
by C. Douglas Weaver (Author)

Link;

https://www.amazon.com/HEALER-PROPHET-I ... 0865547106

This study of William Marrion Branham's ministry reveals much about the healing methodology of deliverance evangelists. Branham's theology of healing highlights the widely accepted role of evangelists as mediators between God and the afflicted. The dynamic growth of Pentecostalism in the twentieth century is a major feature of the modern religious scene. Branham is acknowledged as a leader of the healing revival movement. Although little known outside of the Pentecostal movement, his work had tremendous influence on today's televangelists and the whole of Pentecostalism itself.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:46 pm

Thank you mate. :angel:

luchnia
Go Ye and Teach All Nations, Baptizing Them in the Name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost

Post by luchnia » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:26 pm

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:My issue is this... If Branham's ministry were truly "vindicated" by signs and wonders, then the doctrines that he taught (no matter how crazy) must be true. I cannot see a rational reason to think otherwise because the signs would confirm the Message that he preached was true.

Therefore, I must question legitimacy* of the signs, if I do not believe in his Message.

____
* Questioning the legitimacy of the signs does not necessarily mean that actual signs were not performed. On the contrary, the signs may have been real, but illegitimate.
Do you believe that signs and wonders have to follow a correct message? I am thinking that you are inferring that both signs and wonders must accompany a correct message, or the whole of the message is false? I have not thought much about that approach.

One thing is for sure after researching some of Branham's messages you find they were strewn with false doctrines. The trinity, serpent seed (eve being impregnated by satan physically), salvation, elijah, God visiting him, and on and on it goes.

I don't really look much at the sign and wonders bit. I simply weigh what is said against the Word and that is the litmus test.

Word up!

branham1965

Post by branham1965 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:47 pm

luchnia,

Can you please please please name a few Preachers whom you like and listen to???

To date you have not done so.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:37 pm

luchnia

are there ANY men of God that you can say you listen to and respect??

Please answer.I get the impression that you do not like many Preachers....
luchnia wrote:
Spiritblade Disciple wrote:My issue is this... If Branham's ministry were truly "vindicated" by signs and wonders, then the doctrines that he taught (no matter how crazy) must be true. I cannot see a rational reason to think otherwise because the signs would confirm the Message that he preached was true.

Therefore, I must question legitimacy* of the signs, if I do not believe in his Message.

____
* Questioning the legitimacy of the signs does not necessarily mean that actual signs were not performed. On the contrary, the signs may have been real, but illegitimate.
Do you believe that signs and wonders have to follow a correct message? I am thinking that you are inferring that both signs and wonders must accompany a correct message, or the whole of the message is false? I have not thought much about that approach.

One thing is for sure after researching some of Branham's messages you find they were strewn with false doctrines. The trinity, serpent seed (eve being impregnated by satan physically), salvation, elijah, God visiting him, and on and on it goes.

I don't really look much at the sign and wonders bit. I simply weigh what is said against the Word and that is the litmus test.

luchnia
Go Ye and Teach All Nations, Baptizing Them in the Name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost

Post by luchnia » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:00 pm

branham1965 wrote:luchnia

are there ANY men of God that you can say you listen to and respect??

Please answer.I get the impression that you do not like many Preachers....
luchnia wrote:

____

I would like to know why it is a question of what preachers I listen to? What difference does that make and what does that have to do with this subject?

But for the sake of it, I respect any man of God. Over the years I have listened to many, many preachers, however these days I don't listen to many preachers at all (some local preachers), but spend most of the time listening to and studying God's word. I don't dislike any preachers. I admire the hard work that they do. It is a difficult and challenging job and I hold them in great respect.

Word up!

branham1965

Post by branham1965 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:02 pm

CAN YOU NAME A JUST A FEW PREACHERS THAT YOU LIKE???

Spiritblade Disciple

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:41 am

luchnia wrote:

____

Not that signs and wonders have to, but that they should only follow a correct message. When they accompany a message containing significant error, I think it is similar to Moses striking the rock when he ought not have. It is out of order and not done under proper authority.

Most of Branham's messages that I have listened to have contained significant error. You have listed a few of the errors that I have noticed.

SPIRITBLADE DISCIPLE
— Luke 12:4-5 King James Version —
"And I say unto you My friends, be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do. But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear Him, which after He hath killed hath power to cast into Hell; yea, I say unto you, fear Him."

luchnia

Post by luchnia » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:02 am

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
luchnia wrote:

____

Not that signs and wonders have to, but that they should only follow a correct message. When they accompany a message containing significant error, I think it is similar to Moses striking the rock when he ought not have. It is out of order and not done under proper authority.

Most of Branham's messages that I have listened to have contained significant error. You have listed a few of the errors that I have noticed.
Thanks. I was wondering. That insight is certainly worth looking deeper into. You know it is interesting you mention Moses as I was thinking about the magicians of Pharoah that Moses confronted. You know as I was researching Branham I found something rather interesting. A tiny few people weighed what he said against God's word.

Branham's message was accepted as God's pure word even if it wasn't and this was even by many prominent men that were labeled men of God. Many of these men were 100% behind him in his Elijah journey. Even though his prophecies failed, they esteemed him a prophet of God and attempted to raise him from the dead.

I found the whole thing very disturbing. It would be hard to doubt his agenda was sincere and many people were encouraged and grew through his messages. I think there was some gold nuggets in that aspect just as there are with some of our modern day speakers.

Consider this one - God needed Branham and charged him personally to be a second forerunner to Christ? Really? How is it that folks could not pick up their bibles and simply read for themselves? When these words were spoken the red flags should have went up everywhere. What is it with people that will not measure doctrines against what God has said?

Word up!

luchnia

Post by luchnia » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:19 am

branham1965 wrote:CAN YOU NAME A JUST A FEW PREACHERS THAT YOU LIKE???
Since I don't hold a respect of preachers, I don't have a "liked" or "disliked" list. You can make up your own list for me and that will do just fine.

If there were a liked list then Jesus most of all and all of the Old Testament men of God, Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, then Paul, Peter, Stephen, and so on. If there are favorites, those are at the top of the list.

As far as men born later, take your pick - I can glean nuggets out of most anything preached, even Mr. Anderson, your most loathed of preachers. I know he is your favorite - j/k :mrgreen:

Word up!