Dake Bible Discussion BoardThe Pillar of Fire over William Branham's head

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
luchnia
Seek and Ye Shall Find

Re: The Pillar of Fire over William Branham's head

Postby luchnia » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:19 pm

branham1965 wrote:HE BORE MORE FRUIT FOR THE KINGDOM OF GOD THAN MOST PEOPLE EVER DREAMED OF IN 100,000,000,000,000,000 LIFETIMES.HE WAS THE PREEMINENT HEALING EVANGELIST IN THE VOICE OF HEALING.

HE AND GRANVILLE ORAL ROBERTS WERE CALLED THE TWO PILLARS OF THE VOICE OF HEALING MOVEMENT WHICH USHERED IN THE CHARISMATIC AND LATTER RAIN MOVEMENTS.

ALTOGETHER WHICH REACHED MILLIONS FOR CHRIST.

When i hear him =i just listened to a few minutes of him and i love Brother Branham very much.

He blesses me so much every time i hear him.

I will not engage in any more of this so help me God.

No problem at all. I am glad his messages blesses you. If the rest of that were all true that is fantastic, but you did not answer the questions.

Word up!

Spiritblade Disciple
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Postby Spiritblade Disciple » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:15 pm

Did you know that Branham was against preaching the Gospel to the Jews?

Spiritblade Disciple
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Postby Spiritblade Disciple » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:24 pm

Branham believed that only legitimate prophet of God could operate at a time; that God would only have one prophet at a time. This means that he did not recognize Kenneth E. Hagin as a prophet of God (at least, not without contradicting himself).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahb_KE6yadQ

Of course, the Bible proves Branham's idea of God only dealing with one prophet at a time as false.

Spiritblade Disciple

Postby Spiritblade Disciple » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:33 pm

SeekYeTheTruth Apologetics wrote:William Branham's angelic visitation is fundamental to his claim to be the herald of the "Gospel of Divine Healing." When was the visitation? Can we believe what the tapes say?

bibleman
Administrator

Postby bibleman » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:46 pm

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:Branham believed that only legitimate prophet of God could operate at a time; that God would only have one prophet at a time. This means that he did not recognize Kenneth E. Hagin as a prophet of God (at least, not without contradicting himself).

Of course, the Bible proves Branham's idea of God only dealing with one prophet at a time as false.

That is right Branham believed that.

I heard him say a number of times that only one prophet would be alive at any one church age.

That is,,, Branham believed in the false 7 church age period and for each of the ages there was ONLY one prophet.

1st Paul Ephesus 53-170 AD
2nd Ireneus Symrna 170-312
3rd St.Martin Pergamos 312-606
4th Columba Thyatira 606-1520
5th Luther Sardis 1520-1750
6th Wesley Philadelphia 1750-1906
7th Branham Laodicea 1906-

If we were to believe Branham on this, then It would do away with Hagin, Wilkerson, Angley and many others as prophets. As well as leave us with NO prophet since Branham died in 1965.

So of course this teaching is NON-Biblical and against the simple message of the Book of Revelation.

BUT I still love and respect Branham's ministry. Very few in church history ever was used of God as he was.

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

luchnia
Seek and Ye Shall Find

Postby luchnia » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:06 am

bibleman wrote:So of course this teaching is NON-Biblical and against the simple message of the Book of Revelation.

BUT I still love and respect Branham's ministry. Very few in church history ever was used of God as he was.

I watched a few clips of his preaching and he no doubt had a gift to attract folks (lots of folks) to his words even though much of it was strangely baroque. It was like drawing moths to a flame. I am sure it was a time that folks needed something to lean on and this came in just right for them. In our lifetime we have seen many ministries do that same thing in different mediums, especially TV, such as Jim and Tammy Baker, even though they fell as well.

Glad you pointed out the non-biblical aspect of some of his teachings such as this one prophet thing. Perplexing how some of us here cannot point out the non-biblical aspect as you do without being tagged devil workers. BTW, when he taught the one prophet thing was it near the end of his ministry?

Word up!

luchnia
Seek and Ye Shall Find

Postby luchnia » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:17 am

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
SeekYeTheTruth Apologetics wrote:William Branham's angelic visitation is fundamental to his claim to be the herald of the "Gospel of Divine Healing." When was the visitation? Can we believe what the tapes say?

You know it seems that branham, like many, struggled to balance the Word of God with what this so-called "angel of god" told him. He was certainly bent on following whatever it was he was told and not baking it out scripturally.

I saw an interview with Billy Graham one time that caught my attention. He stated that the one thing he regretted throughout his entire life was not spending enough time in God's word.

I believe not doing this has been a stumbling block for many throughout the ages. Men who attracted thousands of people could not find that balance between knowledge of the truth and false doctrine because of not using God's word as the measuring line.

The very one in whom the book is about should be the one sought with the fullest of heart and not even the tiniest item should go against that. I could go on and on with this one point.

Word up!

branham1965

Postby branham1965 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:36 am

I reckon it was luchnia.

Thanks for being civil.

I love Reverend Branham. I get tears in my eyes many times when i hear him preach and pray for the sick.He prayed for hundreds of thousands of people.

Please check his sermon on youtube called "Deep Calleth Unto Deep" and then watch the prayerline.

I could have quoted other Ministers who were blessed by him and some testimonies and personal things etc. but i felt it was not the thing to do.

A Professor of Religious Studies at Auburn University - David Edwin Harrell Jr.wrote a book on the Healing revival.It is called :

"All Things Are Possible - The Healing And Charismatic Revivals In Modern America " This was written in 1972.And is fair and done in a decent and tolerant manner.

One can get a copy under 10 dollars even some under 5 dollars at amazon.com.

He has written many books on religious themes.One on Oral Roberts another on Pat Robertson

The influence of the Great Healing Revival and of Reverend William Marrion Branham on modern Charismatic Christianity is immense. Its magnanimity is enormous.

His Great Sermon -Book :" The Spoken Word Is The Original Seed " is a foundation

teaching of the Word Of Faith Movement.

luchnia wrote:
bibleman wrote:So of course this teaching is NON-Biblical and against the simple message of the Book of Revelation.

I watched a few clips of his preaching and he no doubt had a gift to attract folks (lots of folks) to his words even though much of it was strangely baroque. It was like drawing moths to a flame. I am sure it was a time that folks needed something to lean on and this came in just right for them. In our lifetime we have seen many ministries do that same thing in different mediums, especially TV, such as Jim and Tammy Baker, even though they fell as well.

Glad you pointed out the non-biblical aspect of some of his teachings such as this one prophet thing. Perplexing how some of us here cannot point out the non-biblical aspect as you do without being tagged devil workers. BTW, when he taught the one prophet thing was it near the end of his ministry?

Spiritblade Disciple

Postby Spiritblade Disciple » Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:02 am

Spiritblade Disciple

Postby Spiritblade Disciple » Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:14 am

Return to “Dake Bible Discussion Board”