Dake Bible Discussion BoardAs John Also Taught His Disciples

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: As John Also Taught His Disciples

Postby branham1965 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:02 pm

I think because Dr.Hicks mentioned Matthew Henry in the paragraph i thought Henry was saying it instead of Dr.Hicks saying it.Though he quoted him and other authorities.

I highly regard Dr.Roy Hicks.He was ministered to in person by Sister Aimee Semple Mcpherson at LIFE Bible College.

I will send you this book and his book Avoiding Ditches with my Holiday present to you.

bibleman wrote:
branham1965 wrote:Biblestudytools.com has Matthew Henrys and other Commentators on there.

I just found the site. Matthew Henry wrote some nice commentaries.I have never seen them before. :rainbow1:

I went there and did the search for the quote and can't find it.

Are you sure Dr. Hicks gave the right author for that quote?
Last edited by branham1965 on Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

luchnia
Seek and Ye Shall Find

Postby luchnia » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:19 pm

bibleman wrote:
branham1965 wrote:Biblestudytools.com has Matthew Henrys and other Commentators on there.

I just found the site. Matthew Henry wrote some nice commentaries.I have never seen them before. :rainbow1:

Whoever said it must have been on heavy meds :shocked!: :mrgreen:

Word up!

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Postby branham1965 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:56 pm

I think Dr.Roy Hicks was being honest in searching the Word of God and sharing it.

It is irrefutable because its true.

He was the General Supervisor of the Foursquare Church.

He graduated from LIFE Bible College in 1944 and was a missionary in South America,The Orient ,Australia and New Zealand.

He wrote a book with Dad Hagin on Healing in the Atonement.

He was on God's Medicine the Word Proverbs 4:20-22 :turn-l:

luchnia wrote:
bibleman wrote:

bibleman
Administrator

Postby bibleman » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:16 pm

branham1965 wrote:I think because Dr.Hicks mentioned Matthew Henry in the paragraph i thought Henry was saying it instead of Dr.Hicks saying it.Though he quoted him and other authorities.

I highly regard Dr.Roy Hicks.He was ministered to in person by Sister Aimee Semple Mcpherson at LIFE Bible College.

I will send you this book and his book Avoiding Ditches with my Holiday present to you.

bibleman wrote:

No problem - in the past people did not reference things with citations as they do today and it was sometimes hard to know who what saying what.

So no problem.

I have several books by Dr Hicks. So thanks for the offer but keep them and enjoy them yourself.

Love you bro!

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

branham1965

Postby branham1965 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:22 pm

Thank you Pastor very much .I love you there as well.:arrow:

Thank you Jesus.

Spiritblade Disciple

Postby Spiritblade Disciple » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:06 pm

luchnia wrote:
bibleman wrote:

:angel:

Return to “Dake Bible Discussion Board”