c [visions] Four Hebrew words translated "vision" in Daniel:
1. Hebrew: chazown (HSN-<H2377>), mental sight; dream; revelation; oracle (Dan. 1:17; 8:1,2,13,15,17,26; 9:21,24; 10:14; 11:14). This could come in the form of divine utterance of words (Dan. 9:24; 1Sam. 3:1; Jer. 14:14; 23:16), a dream (Isa. 29:7), a writing (Isa. 1:1; Nah. 1:1; Hab. 2:2-3), or a mental picture while one is awake (Dan. 8:1,2,13-17,26; 9:21-24; cp. Num. 24:4,16)
2. Aramaic: chezev (HSN-<H2376>), sight; vision (Dan. 2:19,28; 4:5,9,10,13; 7:1,2,7,13,15). This word is used of visions while asleep, known as dreams, as seen in these passages
3. Hebrew: mar'ah (HSN-<H4759>), a vision as seeing something in a mirror; appearance (Dan. 10:7,8,16; Gen. 46:2; Num. 12:6; 1Sam. 3:15; Ezek. 1:1; 8:3; 40:2; 43:3)
4. Hebrew: mar'eh (HSN-<H4758>), sight; appearance (Dan. 8:16,26,27; 9:23; 10:1; Ezek. 8:4; 11:24; 43:3)
Dake's Annotated Reference Bible: Containing the Old and New Testaments of the Authorized or King James Version Text.
- Spiritblade Disciple
- Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
- Posts: 3665
- Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2004 6:27 pm
- THE KEYS OF HELL AND OF DEATH
- And when I saw Him, I fell at His feet as dead. And He laid His right hand upon me, saying unto me, "Fear not; I am the first and the last: I am He that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of Hell and of Death."
- — Revelation 1:17-18 King James Version —
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 3 guests