Dake Bible Discussion BoardWhat about it! Should a Christian get a tattoo?

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
User avatar
bibleman
Administrator
Posts: 2794
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 1998 5:23 pm
Location: South Carolina
Contact:

What about it! Should a Christian get a tattoo?

Post by bibleman » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:17 am

What about it! Should a Christian get a tattoo?

Image

http://www.independentbaptist.com/shoul ... t-tattoos/

Here is an OT reference: Leviticus 19:28 “ Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD.”


God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

User avatar
Spiritblade Disciple
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 4163
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2004 6:27 pm

Re: What about it! Should a Christian get a tattoo?

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:22 am

Pastor Parsley and his daughter, Ashton, both went and got tattoos, a few years ago (back when Todd Bentey was popular). He told her the only way she could get one was if he could, too.

His says, "Living sacrifice."


Luke 12:4‭-‬5 King James Version
"And I say unto you my friends, be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do. But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear Him, which after He hath killed hath power to cast into Hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear Him."

User avatar
bibleman
Administrator
Posts: 2794
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 1998 5:23 pm
Location: South Carolina
Contact:

Re: What about it! Should a Christian get a tattoo?

Post by bibleman » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:49 am

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:Pastor Parsley and his daughter, Ashton, both went and got tattoos, a few years ago (back when Todd Bentey was popular). He told her the only way she could get one was if he could, too.

His says, "Living sacrifice."
I really don't see anything Biblical against it.

BUT I don't care for them. They just look dirty to me. That old blue ink coming through your skin! Yuk.


God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

User avatar
luchnia
Signs Shall Follow Them That Believe
Posts: 785
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:01 am

Re: What about it! Should a Christian get a tattoo?

Post by luchnia » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:54 am

bibleman wrote:
Spiritblade Disciple wrote:Pastor Parsley and his daughter, Ashton, both went and got tattoos, a few years ago (back when Todd Bentey was popular). He told her the only way she could get one was if he could, too.

His says, "Living sacrifice."
I really don't see anything Biblical against it.

BUT I don't care for them. They just look dirty to me. That old blue ink coming through your skin! Yuk.
Yep, probably not so much a matter of right or wrong, yet certainly not the best things at all. They do draw attention as well which in some cases is not wise for a child of God. It is kind of like drinking toilet water, doesn't mean it is wrong, but should one do it?


Word up!

User avatar
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 5730
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:18 am

Re: What about it! Should a Christian get a tattoo?

Post by branham1965 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:58 am

DO WE STILL LIVE UNDER THE OLD COVENANT??? THEN WE HAD BETTER ENFORCE EVERYTHING TAUGHT THERE.

DO WE LIVE UNDER MOSES LAW???

IF NOT THEN PEOPLE CAN DO AS THEY PLEASE .


EVERYBODY HAS ANSWERS LIKE ROGER AND OTHERS BUT I DO NOT BUY INTO THAT WARPED BELIEF SYSTEM.



User avatar
bibleman
Administrator
Posts: 2794
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 1998 5:23 pm
Location: South Carolina
Contact:

Re: What about it! Should a Christian get a tattoo?

Post by bibleman » Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:14 am

luchnia wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Spiritblade Disciple wrote:Pastor Parsley and his daughter, Ashton, both went and got tattoos, a few years ago (back when Todd Bentey was popular). He told her the only way she could get one was if he could, too.

His says, "Living sacrifice."
I really don't see anything Biblical against it.

BUT I don't care for them. They just look dirty to me. That old blue ink coming through your skin! Yuk.
Yep, probably not so much a matter of right or wrong, yet certainly not the best things at all. They do draw attention as well which in some cases is not wise for a child of God. It is kind of like drinking toilet water, doesn't mean it is wrong, but should one do it?
I like that analogy: "drinking toilet water" !!! :angel:


God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

User avatar
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 5730
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:18 am

Re: What about it! Should a Christian get a tattoo?

Post by branham1965 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:42 am

i have a bulldog on my leg.

i was drunk as a stinking monkey when i got it.

i recommend that folks do not get one....



User avatar
bibleman
Administrator
Posts: 2794
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 1998 5:23 pm
Location: South Carolina
Contact:

Re: What about it! Should a Christian get a tattoo?

Post by bibleman » Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:54 am

branham1965 wrote:i have a bulldog on my leg.

i was drunk as a stinking monkey when i got it.

i recommend that folks do not get one....
Well Billy, I for one have done a number of things in life I wish I had never done.

But that is life - we all live and learn - hopefully!


God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

User avatar
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 5730
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:18 am

Re: What about it! Should a Christian get a tattoo?

Post by branham1965 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:07 pm

Reverend Bible and i know you are a real Reverend.

you have been very decent to me.You extended grace to a moron.


I think despondent people do despondent things.

It was a bulldog of Ziggy. Whom like Kimbo i loved with my life.

I heard Great Preacher say it was wrong .And i was amazed by that. :shocked!: :shocked!:

Don't do it.

These kids today listen to no one.Thank the dear Lord my son

my ex wife married into big money twice. :agrue: :agrue:
bibleman wrote:
branham1965 wrote:i have a bulldog on my leg.

i was drunk as a stinking monkey when i got it.

i recommend that folks do not get one....
Well Billy, I for one have done a number of things in life I wish I had never done.

But that is life - we all live and learn - hopefully!



User avatar
Spiritblade Disciple
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 4163
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2004 6:27 pm

Re: What about it! Should a Christian get a tattoo?

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:43 pm

branham1965 wrote:EVERYBODY HAS ANSWERS LIKE ROGER AND OTHERS BUT I DO NOT BUY INTO THAT WARPED BELIEF SYSTEM.
Yep. There are still some Christians that have the "warped" idea that Christians ought not get tattoos.


Luke 12:4‭-‬5 King James Version
"And I say unto you my friends, be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do. But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear Him, which after He hath killed hath power to cast into Hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear Him."

Post Reply